Top 10 worst anime of all time!!!

cardybean said:
I'm truly shocked that anyone could say Gantz is one of the worst animes they've seen.

That is all.

Not for everyone then. It's an excercise in failed potential, an intriguing concept and few good character turns let down by some choppy animation, poor direction and an ending that didn't really 'end'.

cardybean said:
Maxon said:
cardybean said:
I'm truly shocked that anyone could say Gantz is one of the worst animes they've seen.

That is all.
It's not an award winner either. I thought it was pretty bad, but not horrible.

Might just be my taste. I really enjoyed it though, despite certain off-putting factors.

There was just something about it =).
I guess the off-putting factors were too great for me to take. Wildcard pretty much described my problems with it.

Spyro201 said:
One of the worst anime?

Eureka 7

Just depressing.
I don't see how Eureka 7 is a bad anime at all.

I thought it was quite good, which means a lot since I don't like most post-2000 mecha if Shouji Gatou or Go Nagai weren't involved.

Spyro201 said:
One of the worst anime?

Eureka 7

Just depressing.

Don't agree with that myself. I rate it far above Eva for one. True it is a little long winded (It could have been squeezed into 26 episodes) and the ending was a little meh, but it was not bad generally, In my middle tier for sure.

Lets see
Akikan!- the male lead is a jerk who collects drinks cans, the girl is a drinks can who needs either to have fresh drink poured into her can or CO2 from "mouth to mouth" to stay alive. There is scraping the barrel, and then there is scraping the crap below the barrel, and then there is this show twenty miles beneath the barrel
Naruto- Irritating characters, voices (in either language) a dumb plot when they keep to it and the most god awful fans ever.
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Death & Rebirth- The first half was a recap of the entire series which only made sense if you watched the series as it choped and changed style and time frame with little regard for pacing or anyone who didn't "get" the series. The second half was simply the begining of the next movie, without any of the interesting bits.
Arjuna - I'm an ecologist, and watching this show made my professional side crawl with the hideous inaccuracies about the natural world. Also the characters were dumber than a goldfish and lot twists more obvious than the sun.
Tenchi Muyo! Ryo-Ohki 3- enjoyed the first series and the spin offs/ re imaginings were fun, but this was another barrel scraper, adding an new girl for no reason who obviously out performs the rest, terrible use of time travel and failing to add anything to the mythos
Gundam Seed Destiny- Gods where to begin. Dumb hot head in charge of the most dangerous weapon the military has... yeah. Oh resurrecting a character who got a plasma blast to the face and had a nice time in open space with out a helmet. Giving away a plot twist away in the opening credits, and moving on to the next set of opening credits before the story catches up. Ditching a season and a half of subtle romance for a saccharine dumb broad with big tits. Making 5 episdose or more of recap and having to rush the ending leaving too much plot dangling.

hopeful_monster said:
Gundam Seed Destiny- Gods where to begin. Dumb hot head in charge of the most dangerous weapon the military has... yeah. Oh resurrecting a character who got a plasma blast to the face and had a nice time in open space with out a helmet. Giving away a plot twist away in the opening credits, and moving on to the next set of opening credits before the story catches up. Ditching a season and a half of subtle romance for a saccharine dumb broad with big tits. Making 5 episdose or more of recap and having to rush the ending leaving too much plot dangling.

You forgot that they made the ending so bad that they had to make a special ep to fix it :p

But i agree with everything there, i couldn't see why they dumped the Athrun x Cagali relationship. Although there is another reason why its not my favourite, the switching of main characters halfway through just because one is more popular in the polls...

Maxon said:
Spyro201 said:
One of the worst anime?

Eureka 7

Just depressing.
I don't see how Eureka 7 is a bad anime at all.

I thought it was quite good, which means a lot since I don't like most post-2000 mecha if Shouji Gatou or Go Nagai weren't involved.

The plot was very boring. The kid in it (who's name i've forgotten) just had a really whiney voice, and seemed really depressing. Also; you just felt like smacking him and saying 'If your gonna ask the chick out just DO IT'

Don't agree with that myself. I rate it far above Eva for one. True it is a little long winded (It could have been squeezed into 26 episodes) and the ending was a little meh, but it was not bad generally, In my middle tier for sure.

Again, read above. It felt boring, and the art was pretty crappy. I mean at first it seemed like some sort of sports show (About giant-robot windsurfiing or some ****), but then, it started unveiling this ridiculous plot that for some reason means they gotta kill **** (It was a long time ago I watched it, I cant remember much.)

Also; i've only seen up to episode 5 of Eva, so I cant really compare.

It's mainly the ****** ass romance (sub?) plot and the main characters whiney ass voice.

These are the ones that came to mind..

10: Love Hina (Probably the worst thing I've forced myself to watch, killed the manga)
9: Vision of Escaflowne (Just pointless)
8: Digimon (got stupid after a while)
7: Pokemon (Same as above)
6: Girls High (..Sigh)
5: Final Fantasy Unlimited (omg it's final fantasy, must be good..)
4: Dragonball GT (Ran out of story line? lets make Goku younger, only decent thing was the end)
3: Orphan (Was expecting more all the way through)
2: Akira (Quite overrated)
1: Shining Tears X Wind (lack of interesting story)

JamesX said:
9: Vision of Escaflowne (Just pointless)

I actually hated this the first time I started watching it then came to love it years later on a second attempt. So it might grow on you. Van still sucks though...

R

Hahaha, the Hellsing dub is epic.

"Well I've never used real silverware before so I guess that wouldn't be a problem, heheh...
That didn't come out right."

In that cockney accent...cringeworthy every time.

Maltos said:
Hahaha, the Hellsing dub is epic.

"Well I've never used real silverware before so I guess that wouldn't be a problem, heheh...
That didn't come out right."

In that cockney accent...cringeworthy every time.

The over-english accents seriously pissed me off. And that weird guy with the eye in his forhead (Looked like someone straight out of Yu-Gi Oh) putting '*******' in between every word didn't help.

Spyro201 said:
Hellsing (the original)

I watched the dub and its ****.
Hear hear. I try to remain balanced and well-mannered, but whenever the Hellsing dub is mentioned I like to do nothing more than rant about it.

Zin5ki said:
Spyro201 said:
Hellsing (the original)

I watched the dub and its ****.
Hear hear. I try to remain balanced and well-mannered, but whenever the Hellsing dub is mentioned I like to do nothing more than rant about it.

Please rant. The over-english accents, and over use of swearing created much annoyance and boredom on my part. RANT MY BRATHA'

Spyro201 said:
The over-english accents
In the case of 'Crispy' Freeman and KT Gray, Alucard and Seras respectively, I think it's best not talking about the quality of the accents they provided for their characters. You can probably guess my gripe.
Other voices were a mixed bunch. Many of those who did have authentic accents didn't make their lines flow as much as they could have.

On a related note, what's the dubbing like for Steamboy?

I actually love the Hellsing 'mockney' accents - I'm not even going to pretend they're realistic, but given how absurd Hellsing is already I think they suit the show perfectly.

The subs are better, and i love the style of animation and the music of the "first" Hellsing, the "second" has better plot from the manga.

Then again as a rule i never watch dubs...

Oddly i prefer Valkyria Chronicles in english...

Back