Top 10 worst anime of all time!!!

devilrules666

Combat Butler
Right guys I thought that we could try something different! You list your top 10 worst anime of all time, which can include anything from movies to ovas to series ok? And there will be a points system in place! For a example let me start! Area

1:Dragoonball Z=10 Points
2:Sailor Moon=9 Points
3:Final Fantasy Unlimited=8 Points
4:Sky Blue=7 Points
5.Excel Saga=6 Points
6:pokemon=5 Points
7:La Blue Girl=4 Points
8:Area 88=3 Points
9:Stratos 4=2 Points
10:Samurai Gun=1 Point

After every couple of votes I will post the latest standings in the table! I will court up all the votes and points together and put it up as a update! The voting stops on the 30th of november!Get to it people!

Girls Bravo - 10 points
Guardian Hearts - 9 points
He Is My Master - 8 points
Green Green - 7 points
Love Love? - 6 points
Kashimashi ~Girl Meets Girl~ - 5 points
Eiken - 4 points
Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within - 3 points
Canvas ~Motif of Sepia~ - 2 points
Ichigo 100% - 1 point

Oh why did I watch these?

Area 88? That's an outrage.

Shuffle - 10
Sword For Truth - 9
Vampire Wars - 8
Violence Jack - 7
Battle Skipper - 6
Big Wars - 5
Love Hina - 4
Burn Up W - 3
Big Wars - 2
Mad Bull 64 - 1 (this pains me because it's so entertaining because of its badness)

These days I tend to avoid anime that I don't think I'll enjoy, so I had to dig deep to find these ten.

fabricatedlunatic said:
These days I tend to avoid anime that I don't think I'll enjoy, so I had to dig deep to find these ten.
I tried that approach but it didn't work for me, so I just watch things I've heard good things about from a friend of mine, or for the lulz. Of course, I try to watch as little lulzworthy stuff as possible.

Adventures With Iczer III - 10 points - A series I can never watch again.
Sailor Moon - 9 points - I've only ever seen the dub of this, which was bad.
Angel Cop - 8 points - Classic Manga badness (Eat **** and Die!!)
Ikki Tousen - 7 points - Nice ending theme, shame about the rest of it
Blassreiter - 6 points - Could have an all Gonzo list, but this is the worst of the worst.
Saiyuki Reload - 5 points - Just naff and pointless. 26 eps where nothing happens.
Junk Boy - 4 points - More Classic Manga badness. Sex instead of violence
Ninja Scroll TV - 3 points - A spin off that should never have happened.
Tokko - 2 points - Modern Manga Badness, showing they could still do it as naff as they ever did.
Tetsujin 28 - 1 point - I use the 2 discs of this series that I have to help me when I can't get to sleep.

Previous choices that I take issue with. Love Hina and Excel Saga... Excel Saga?

I can't really do the whole ranking thing without going through my memory, which is difficult when I'll struggle to remember series I don't care for.

Star Ocean EX is a horrible VG adaptation. It took the first CD of Star Ocean 2, gave it crappy art/animation, butchered the story with some sort of war against robots (and lots of other filler crap) and then tried to tie-up the story only halfway through. The TotA anime is easily 10/10 worthy compared to that.

Excel Saga tried to be funny be repeating the same average jokes every episode. I wasted £18 on the series and barely managed to watvh 7 or so episodes.

Love Hina is in my recent memory since I'm reading the manga and only watched the first 10 episodes a few days ago. Horrible adaptation - up there with the worst I've seen. a 9/10 manga became a 5/10 anime.

I motion for Saiyuki Reload to be replaced with Saiyuki Reload Gunlock. The former did have a plot, even if it only appeared in about 3 episodes and was immediately ignored thereafter. It also lacked the incredible badness of Gunlock's animation quality and music. And the filler episodes in Gunlock were particularly awful even for Saiyuki:

In particular the episode where Hakkai ran away because the other boys wouldn't tidy their room and sat around slowly eating cake while they washed dishes ALL EPISODE LONG made me feel I was watching an overpriced Saturday morning cartoon. I paid Geneon prices for that! Argh!

R

Last edited by a moderator:
From worst to least worst.

1. Noir
2. Kanon
3. Rahxephon
4. Basically any Manga movie other than End of Eva, Ghost in the Shell and Perfect Blue
5. Tales of Earthsea
6. Ghost in the Shell 2
7. Ah My Goddess season 1
8. Every Pokemon movie after the 1st
9. 2nd season of Da Capo
10.The second half of Aura Battler Dunbine.

I've yet to see an anime that wasn't worth watching at all. There's been a fair few crap series/movies but they at least had SOME redeeming quality about them. I mean, Mao literally saved Code Geass, seriously.

1:tokyo underground=10 Points
2:Street fighter series=9 Points
3:the animatrix =8 Points
4:Ray earth=7 Points
5:Akira=6 Points
6:Vampire hunter D=5 Points
7:Transformers=4 Points
8:pokemon=3 Points
9:voltron=2 Points
10:digimon=1 Point

Also anyone that puts Dragonball z on there list should be shot.

Lupus Inu said:
I've yet to see an anime that wasn't worth watching at all. There's been a fair few crap series/movies but they at least had SOME redeeming quality about them. I mean, Mao literally saved Code Geass, seriously.
I don't know. I got sent a review disk for Megaman Starforce a few weeks back and even though I know it's not aimed at my age group it just reeked of one of those shows that are made by companies to flog their crap to unsuspecting kids. Kids shows don't have to be that dire.

I find it hard to completely hate any anime and I doubt I can remember some of the worst offenders, but a few that come to mind are:

Kiba - 10 points
Gear Fighter Gendo - 9
Zoids genesis - 8
Tactical Roar - 7
Gunparade Orchestra - 6
Ga-Rei-zero - 5
Innocent Venus - 4
Bakumatsu - 3
Devil May Cry - 2
The Coyote Ragtime show - 1

To be fair some of these were arguably respectable from a visual standpoint, or perhaps I wasn't the target audience. Regardless, subjectively speaking they bored me.

Pokémon.. bad?! Without it, alot of us wouldn't be here! (As in on the forum) It was a huge success, and was dragonball z! Grr!

Ghost in the shell (1st movie) - 10
Ikki tousen (battle vixens) - 9
Love hina - 8
Salaryman kintaro - 7
Skip beat - 6
Gantz - 5
Saikano - 4
Beyblade - 3
Tokko - 2
Heat guy J - 1

Yagami said:
Pokémon.. bad?! Without it, alot of us wouldn't be here! (As in on the forum) It was a huge success, and was dragonball z! Grr!

Ghost in the shell (1st movie) - 10
Ikki tousen (battle vixens) - 9
Love hina - 8
Salaryman kintaro - 7
Skip beat - 6
Gantz - 5
Saikano - 4
Beyblade - 3
Tokko - 2
Heat guy J - 1

Bizarre taste... (one of us at least)

I love GITS, Love Hina, Kintaro, Gantz, Saikano, Heat Guy J
I loathe Ikku Tousen and Tokko.

I also missed out discs that I've burned from my memory like Voltron, Transformers Takara, The Darkness Boxset

Akira is one the worst animated films I've seen. I'm sure there's a wonderful plot hidden in the manga, but the plot was incomprehensible in the anime. Add an incomprehensible plot with bizarre goings on, a bike gang and completely unlikeable cast and you get a very poor anime. All it had going for it was the animation (which I never focused on with subtitles distracting me), and even then the poor facial art put me off looking at it.

Ghost in the Shell (1st movie) is, in my only opinion, completely over-rated. I wasn't able to go into it at all, thanks mainly due to the the dull, lifeless dialogue and neverending (and seemingly pointless) chatter towards the end. I was glad when it ended.

And, if I recall, I rated Howl's Moving Castle 4/10 and Spirited Away 5/10. I've only watched both once (a long time ago), so I can't really express why I hated them so much, but I did REALLY dislike them. I believe I had a discussion with Sy about Ghibli movies not long after joining AUKN... The thread should be somewhere, and my thoughts are in it.

Yagami said:
Well just because Pokemon and Dragonball Z introduced you to anime and there's a certain nostalgia attached to them doesn't make them good shows. They are pretty god awful when you really look. It's kind of like The Fresh Prince of Bel Air for me, I remember it fondly but I recognize that it's a load of crap in reality!

I haven't seen 10 bad enough to rate as "worst" but there are a few that stick out:

Lupin III: Return of the Magician / Pycal - Awful. Just awful. The Lupin films and specials are always a mixed bag but this, with it's pointless convoluted plot seemingly contrived to show off crappy CGI, has to be the worst by a wide margin.
Kai Doh Maru - I'd rather not be sold your animation tests under the guise of films thanks, Production IG.
Space Symphony Maetel - Just finished this. Does for Galaxy Express 999 what the Star Wars prequels did. Never ever make prequels that focus on the same characters and then try to create suspense. We know how it ends.

As for rating Ghost In The Shell as the worst... thinking's not for everyone, I guess.

Back