Tin Foil Haberdashery!

I effing hate effing Pintrest, it's everything wrong with the modern internet. I should not have to create an account and log in just to view an image, in most cases an image which neither the person who uploaded it nor Pintrest even owns.

Haha, I do get what you mean. As an "artist" it's more of a practical thing for me - easier than sourcing the image and then bookmarking pages etc; it's all in one place where I can find it and use it...

I should not have to create an account and log in just to view an image, in most cases an image which neither the person who uploaded it nor Pintrest even owns.
That's also a very valid point. I actually ended up starting an account for that very reason, which I initially disliked.

I really rather enjoy using it now, though. I warmed to it very quickly.

Apologies @Captaaainuniverse I feel like I'm highjacking your thread!
Ah it's fine. Keeps the thread relevant! I'll be looking for someone to do those images tommorrow then probably Friday I could write it up and post my next one. I'll have to go through 3 discs and a manga for snapshots *faintly hears anime limited staff shout 3 whole discs? My heart bleeds*

It's finally time for another tin foil haberdashery! Oh yes! this one only took so long since I was looking for someone to edit up some images, oh well, if anything's worth doing (and I'm sure you'll agree this was!) it's worth doing yourself!

todays topic! claymore!
screenshot003.jpg
yes, the series of frail little girls swinging scottish greatswords at monsters! (and really really doesn't look like a certain black swordsman's misadventures!) I love it!
screenshot055.jpg
something a little heavy with the feels here, but I knew about the series before I got the manga, it was one of those ones where I had to read the manga. I actually received the collector's box of volumes, the same day my mother passed away. it got me through a tough time, I couldn't put the manga down until a certain chapter (dang it, clarice and maita!) that really seemed to resonate with what happened. for that, Claymore really has quite a bit of sentimental value to me, with many of the characters suffering feelings of loss, isolation, and dehumanisation.

welp, when you're done wiping your tears of sympathy or reaffirming that you do have a heart of stone, let's continue...

DISCLAIMER: this is a fantasy/horror series with a lot of female characters, expect boobs & blood

Claymore! The game!
My idea is for the claymore series to be re-imagined as a video game!
oh.. that... that doesn't look very inspiring does it?
what I'm imagining is something bigger, something that tries to cover everything the series has

so with that said, throw your fancy scottish greatsword into the woods and let's get this show on the road
ezgif-5-1de2bfe51b.gif
press start

What I'm imagining here is a MMORPG, but you don't control any of the main cast like Claire, you create your own claymore, you'll initially be able to choose things like the face, hairstyle and design of the amour (look closely, much of the girl's amours have subtle differences) with that done, you're carted off to the training grounds!
clairetraining.jpg
the training will work a lot like this, and serve as the game's tutorial. it wouldn't be too difficult to defeat the opposing team, this tutorial would be over pretty quick.
after that, its over to accepting missions from men in black
rubel-claymore-5.09.jpg

you'll start at a low rank, like 47 (to be comparable to characters in the series) and often these low level missions are what the claymore are best known for, yoma huntin'!
HUDDone1.png
that said, before a hunt, you'll be travelling to the town you're mission states, but (bear with me!) you can be attacked by wolves or bandits, wolves wound't be too tough to kill, but bandits can take your stuff, you're not allowed to kill humans, but you could still use your powers to help drive them off. once you get to the town, the yoma you are hunting may be hidden as a human, but you can use the claymore's ability to read their "yoma aura" or yoki to track them down
yomaaura.jpg
you can either attack the yoma in human form, or far more likely while you're learning how the game works, a yoma will be onto you pretty quickly
HUDdone4.jpg
fighting yoma is where you get you're tricky customers, yoma are a bigger threat then a bandit, they are stronger, faster, and if you aren't paying attention, hidden as humans. you'd have to respond to yoma fairly quickly, or they'd certainly be able to kill you. you can, however, use your yoki like "mana" to heal yourself without items
HUDdone5.jpg
using yoki is actually the opposite of using mana. your yoki bar will fill every time you use yoki powers, if you fill the yoki bar and go over your limit, you will become an awakened being, game over! (more on that later)
there is also a bit of a difference between whether you begin the game as an offensive claymore or a defensive claymore
HUDdon6.jpg
defensive claymore will be able to take more hits, they will also be able to regenerate a greater amount of health using around the same amount of yoki, however, offensive claymore have an easier time learning certain special skills

That's your part 1 folks, whoever is hosting AUKN after the switch only allows 10 attachments per post, but there's so much more to show! I'll be back with part 2 soon enough
part one end

Claymore:The game! part 2
Disclaimer: same as part one, it is a horror/fantasy series. funnily enough, the only real fan service in the anime/manga are fan favourites turning up

Oh I didn't say what an important part of missions were in part one! of course, one of the most important things in missions is earning belas!
screenshot057.jpg
so yea, after you complete a mission like eliminating yoma, the organisation will collect belas and hold them for you, in your own sort of account. belas, of course, are claymore's currency, and can be used for several things, from purchasing a number of different items and secondary weapons (your claymore is always your primary weapon) among something I feel will dominate part 2: learning new skills!

skills
there are three ways to see skills. skills that are based on the ability to detect yoki are equally easy to achieve for both defensive and offensive claymore, defensive claymore can improve their regeneration ability and learn to control yoki while using special skills, but they may have to go the extra mile to actually master special attack based skills, where as offensive claymore can easily develop attack and more active based skills. some of these special skills branch off abilities you already have, some can be taught by some of the regular cast of claymore, these tutor taught skills can include:

ezgif-5-cffd8b2ac0.gif
Elena's quicksword, one of my personal favourites. the point of this attack is to be almost like a living machine gun, the skill will continue a quick, lightning fast attack at the cost of raising yoki. once Elena teaches you this skill, the direction you attack in will still be obvious, there will be a slight delay before the attack initiates, giving your opponent some time to react. once this skill is developed and mastared, it will be initiated almost instantly, with the blade being completely invisible, your opponent will not be able to see where the attack comes from or when

ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif
Ophilia's rippling blade. this works much like the quicksword, apart from the blade being visible. the rippling effect will surprise the opponent, even opponents who can adeptly read yoki will think they can block it, but the blade moves like a snake, and cannot be blocked once the attack connects, the illusionary blade will move to attack the opponent directly. obtaining the skill, users will only be able to create the illusion as they attack, at the risk of using more yoki, mastering this skill will allow the user to maintain the illusionary blade whilst raising yoki

screenshot029.jpg
teresa's keen ability to read yoki, and respond to it with quick reactions. claire will teach this skill as this game will not have flashback characters. there is quite a lot that this skill can branch into, as claire teaches it, you can reduce damage done by avoiding critical attacks automatically, for as long as you use a low amount of yoki. as you master this, you may have a prompt that an attack will be incoming, heading this prompt will give you an almost dragon ball super ultra instinct effect where you will automatically dodge most, if not all, attacks being thrown at you at that moment, providing you still are using a low amount of yoki to make the opponent's yoki easier to detect, some attacks, providing you have quick enough reactions, can be blocked or countered instantly.
to develop this skill further, you gain some ability to harmonise with the opponent's yoki (which may raise yours, particularly if the opponent is an awakened one) you can then "influence" some of the opponents movements, much like galatea, developing further will allow you to influence movements more often, harmonise with allies (there are two ways you can do this, but those will come up later, one being pretty exclusive to high level claymore) and of course extend your ability to detect yoki from a distance, making finding yoma and awakened beings easier

screenshot028.jpg
Miria's phantom. move around the opponent faster then the eye can see, leaving behind an after image that the opponent may target while ignoring your true location. learning this from miria will give you the ability to create just a few phantoms with the risk of raising your yoki in quite large chunks. developing this skill will give you the "new phantom" from the manga, where you will be able to use more phantoms at a lower cost, mastering it will give you the "elegant" phantom, throwing your afterimage at the opponent, forcing them to go on the defensive whilst you attack at the moment of confusion

I do not fear the man who has mastered 1,000 kicks, I fear the man who has mastered one kick 1,000 times

these are just a few examples, there could be more, and more that are learnt branching off from other skills.
I do think that, even in the series, any claymore can learn these skills but they focus on creating their own style.

I think now's a good time to bring part 2 to a close!

the next part will likely be game over states and awakened beings, having the main campaign to open up to awakened hunts, having awakened side missions, death, player awakenings and what you can do about them

part two end

Claymore: The game! part 3
so, I've covered how the start of the game shapes up, and a little on how yoki is used in relation to special skills, before I forget, you could also use yoki for that old favourite shounen trope, powerin' up! giving your core powers a boost
HUDdone8.jpg

the campaign will change in the type of missions you take to continue, as you complete a new type of mission in the campaign, you can seek out men from the organisation for new types of missions you can take at any time, however, some missions are done in the campaign that may be situational (like a player's awakening)
the campaign, of course, will follow the anime/manga, more so the manga after the halfway point (the mission types, of course, I've yet to mention, they will get their own section later)
if you haven't reached above rank 30 before your first awakened hunt during the campaign, helen will give you smack talk for being a low rank. you will typically take role of clare/a low ranking claymore in the campaign

death state
as you take on more difficult missions, you will be facing greater threats. if you die, you will be put back into character creation and given the chance to change your appearance, you will lose what your previous claymore was carrying, but you will not lose anything you have left with the organisation, such as your currency, which is always left with them. your skills will be unlocked, but will not be active, this gives you a chance to go down another path of skill development, but will be a minor annoyance to players who stubbornly stick to the same skills. you will drop a few ranks until you have proven that you have earned your previous rank

player awakenings and awakened beings
now the interesting bit! I know what you're thinking, "cap'n, you've mentioned awakening and awakened beings all over the place! what are they?" well, now I can say what they are. in the series, an awakened being is the result of a claymore going beyond the limits of their power, they are greater threats than yoma, many times over. a player who has filled their yoki meter to maximum will enter into an "awakened state"
abouttoawaken.jpg
you can also enter this state
HUDdone7.jpg
If you enter an awakened state, you can prompt nearby players to execute you before you become an awakened being. if you are near a player who has entered an awakened state and are calling for an execution, there are two things you can do - you can execute them, obviously, or, if you have developed some ability to manipulate the yoki of others, you may be able to harmonise with the other player and rescue them
claymore-rescuedplayer.jpg
players returning from an awakened state will return to normal, have all their yoki drained and will be capable of regaining control moments after being rescued.

there is, of course fighting awakened beings themselves. players will not hunt awakened beings by themselves, but will instead, form "fireteams" of up to 4 or 5 players to take down a greater threat
claymore-squad.jpg
canonically, claymore will be lead by a team leader in single digits, in the game, this doesn't matter, though there will probably be one player of a higher rank in the squad.
b74651a9ae7b34ea4b33dbc1c52fb682.jpg

awakened beings typically appear on awakened hunt missions, and quite rarely otherwise, but it is possible to find them travelling the map
screenshot032.jpg
players who find awakened beings can call them out to nearby players, any player can then target the awakened being and help bring it down.

if you have not been executed or rescued before becoming an awakened one, you will go through the same thing as you do when you normally die, but players will have to deal with a new awakened being
claymore-awakenedplayer.jpg
nearby players may be alerted to the fact that a player has awakened, but if it is not defeated soon, it will become another mission, but also possibly attack players. the sensible thing to do reaching an awakened state is to be executed and not leave another big problem for other players to take care of.

players who have seen you use a certain type of skill during awakened hunts can give you any nickname they wish, but this will probably be in relation to what they have seen you do
claymoren-nick.jpg

abyssal awakening
latest

there will be creatures of the abyss in the game, both as bosses in the campaign and as a high level mission, however, if a player reaches rank 1 and enters an awakened state, they will possibly have an "abyssal" awakened state, which would be particularly difficult to harmonise with, if they are allowed to awaken, they will not become an ordinary awakened one, but will be an abyssal one, something that is many factors more powerful than the player it was born from. abyssal awakenings will quickly disappear, and become an abyssal mission for high level players.

well, that's about all I can do for now, next part I will try to put in breaking the taboo, killing a human and different mission types. i would probably have to do a part 5 to finish off this series of posts, but part 5 will have something very special for high level players!

part 3 end

Attachments

• claymoren-nick.jpg
    claymoren-nick.jpg
    166.5 KB · Views: 0
Claymore: The game! part 4
so now we have special skills and greater threats in awakened beings (and abyssal ones, which I've barely touched upon) I've also mentioned the campaign, which is but one part of the game, but continuing the campaign will unlock more available mission types. if you have not been to the holy city of Rabona during the campaign, you will not be allowed in the city, as claymores are banished for the fact that they are half yoma. after you unlock a special type of mission in the campaign, you will only be allowed into rabona for that type of mission until later in the campaign. before I get too deep into mission types, which include raid type missions (they can get a bit complex) I'll get into the taboo, which also makes a mission available to any player

The taboo: betraying the organisation and killing humans
betraying the organisation would mainly be taking a mission and choosing not to work towards the mission goal, such as taking an awakened mission and running away, or allowing your squad to die and not killing the awakened being. drawing a lot of attention to yourself constantly ignoring more immediate prompts such as players finding awakened beings, awakened players and other such things that would be a claymore's duty, the first clue you will have that the organisation does not trust you is that all the missions you can choose may turn to something above your level, something the game will feel you cannot handle, you will also be unable to use a special ability I'll mention in part 5. if the organisation distrusts you completely, they will treat you the same as if you killed a human. if the organisation discovers you have killed a human, they will task other players with executing you
claymore-PvPraid.jpg
this is the mission available to all players, it becomes available once the organisation distrusts a player or a player kills a human.
there are three things a player can do if they are hunted
- turn themselves in and accept execution
- fight any and all players they come across
HUDdone2.jpg
- something that relates to the rabona type mission, go on the run, keep disguised and hope other claymore don't discover them
screenshot040.jpg
to keep the organisation from finding them, players will need yoki suppressing drugs, which will be available as an item you can purchase with belas after the rabona campaign
screenshot011.jpg
small, brown, bitter!
you could still be discovered by keen eyed players who observe your behaviour, catching you fighting yoma is an obvious giveaway. if you are in hiding, if you can find other players on a mission, you can earn the organisation's trust once more by helping players complete their mission, you will mainly be given missions to kill awakened beings within a squad, until you have gained more trust to do missions alone.

mission types: covet, squad based & raids
one of the most obvious mission types would be hunting yoma, you will travel to the region in your mission statement and use your ability to detect yoki to find yoma. to mix this up a little, higher level yoma missions will involve multiple yoma, you must slay them all to complete the mission

undercover missions: these will be available after visiting rabona in the campaign, until you complete a later arc in the campaign, undercover missions are the only way you will be able to re-enter rabona. you will need to use yoki suppressing pills while undercover
screenshot010.jpg
you may also run into humans like these
screenshot009.jpg
they will be an obstacle if they happen to suspect your true nature.
undercover missions may not always be slay missions, they may just be information gathering, undercover missions can also target a player for information gathering, the undercover player can inform the organisation about the location of a player that is to be executed.
awakened hunt: almost as standard as the yoma missions, apart from the fact that you will need to form a team before taking on the mission. awakened missions will always be available after killing an awakened being during the campaign, player awakened hunts will be available if a player's character has not been killed after awakening
awakened raid
claymore-raidawakened.jpg
it's like destiny with swords!
you may come across an awakened raid or two during the campaign, with them always being available after the first. it's where the game really opens up to being an MMO, you will have a greater number of players, much more can join then the limited number for an awakened hunt, there are two types: single raid with a single, powerful awakened being such as dauf, rigaldo or bloody agatha, any in the series that have awakened after being among the top 5 in rank. the second is multi raid where all players must fight multiple awakened beings at once, such as the battle in peita near the end of the anime. single raid enemies will rotate on a regular basis, such as a rigaldo raid one week then a dauf raid the next

abyssal raid (boss and player)
abyssal raids will be available once a player has encountered a creature of the abyss. abyssal ones are powerful, difficult to defeat awakened beings considered to be rank 1 in the organisation. the obvious ones are the three mentioned even in the anime: lucila, isley and riful, a few more from the manga could be cassandra, hysteria and roxanne. boss abyssal ones will rotate much in the same fashion as single awakened raids, abyssal player raids will be available after a rank 1 player has awakened

Destroyer raid
the destroyer does not appear in the anime, so it's quite difficult to know how this raid will turn out, but I may have some idea
latest

all players start a far distance away from the destroyer, the destroyer will fire large rods in all directions, those rods will then turn into monsters
Scene_095.jpg

these monsters are pretty tricky, they are a little like awakened beings, and may be able to damage the player by shooting smaller rods at them before they die oh joy who doesn't want that the raid is over once enough players reach the destroyer

priscilla survival
if you follow the manga, you'd discover that priscilla is even stronger then abyssal ones, for this reason, I reckon a bit of a change would be to make it a survival mission
latest

the goal is not to defeat priscilla, but to survive! not to a time limit either, this is a bit of a competitive raid in that for as long as a player survives they will earn belas, the player that survives the longest will earn the most belas

rank 1 raid
recommended for high level players, a raid where players fight roxanne, hysteria and cassandra in their human forms
6228a-claymore-2454509.jpg

well, it's that time again, I'm gonna have to bring this part to a close

next part: I'm not revealing that just yet! but it's a little something for high level and well trusted players, eagle eyed fans of the series may notice that I've left two really bad ass things out up to now!

part 4 end

Claymore: The game! part 5 (final)
I've forgotten to add something to the mission types, but since it's a big spoiler for the series and I would consider it to be a post - campaign mission, I'll put it in this part, so you get three surprises instead of two!
and that extra mission type is:

War raid
latest

since when have yoma existed? how are they born? how are they spread? the answer is; they aren't! they are created, from the DNA of one particular creature. the conflict is not shown in detail in the manga, but is described in good enough detail. the world of claymore is not the entire world of claymore, on a far off continent, two large countries are waging an age - old war against each other, one of these countries gained the advantage by allying themselves with creatures whose name changes depending on how you translate it - dragon decendants, dragonkin, or as limt refers to them, asarakam. basically, they seem to be very reminiscent of straight - up mythical dragons, their abilities aren't really explained, but they are many times the size of man, so it would make sense they are many times stronger too. finding themselves on the losing side of the war, the country opposing the asarakam gathered whatever flesh from them they could, and infused that flesh into a special type of soldier (sound familiar?) the new super soldiers would use a new ability to transform and battle the asarakam as equals, this process was irreversible and the resulting creatures would attack friend and foe, traversing the battlefield with an alignment only to themselves, claymore are basically an experiment to make obedient super soldiers.
the war raid would be a hard one to wrap my head around, but I think it would work a little like a mosou game, that is, this raid works much in the nature of dynasty warrior games. you have hundreds of humans battling each other, asarakam as the elite enemies on the field, with a threat level somewhere between awakened and abyssal ones, the players are still claymore, taking the role of super soldiers. you can fight the humans if you want, but your main goal is to defeat the asarakam, improve your countries morale and defeat enough elite units like the asarakam and that's the raid in the bag!

all these raids sound like they might be a bit difficult, they may take a bit of time to finish. is there anything that can give you some breathing room? any kind of power up that will make these enemies a little easier? ohohoho delightfully devilish, player! both are just below!

Abyss Feeders
what four words would make you wish your day would just end? I think I can guess - regenerating zombie claymore apocalypse
Abyss_Feeders.jpg
they are first seen hunting down isley relentlessly. they will continue to regenerate unless their heads are destroyed, they have the shape-shifting ability on par with awakened beings, they track their prey by smell, and are completely mindless, with their only source of food being their target. in the manga, they track their prey by smell, having no detectable yoki of their own. in the game, with enough loyalty to the organisation, you can unleash your own wave of vile abyss feeders!
4.jpg
you will have a cooldown effect for this, but basically how it's activated would be that you throw a shred of cloth with a scent at the target, a wave of abyss feeders will soon turn up. they will continually and gradually regenerate their health until they are defeated, if around half of them are defeated the abyss feeders will run away, scattering in different directions, and you will not be able to summon a new wave right away. if you happen to be a player that is tracked by the organisation, and a player throws a cloth at you, you are in for a very long, very awful day.

Yoki Overdrive
awakenedalicia.png
so you'd think it'd be cool to run around as an awakened being, but the game won't let you? wait, it will! if you have a team member, or a partner that is adept at manipulating yoki you can possibly enter a yoki overdrive. you will fill your yoki meter to it's maximum, and your partner's up to 50%. you will transform into an awakened being as your partner manages yoki levels, they will still be able to fight, it is however, risky as fighting may upset their focus on yoki levels. as an awakened being, you will be able to fight awakened beings on equal footing, you will even be capable of killing awakened beings single handedly, where as a claymore you may need help taking them down. with a high boost in damage dealt, reduction of damage taken and increase in speed and mobility, expect to see these used a few times during abyssal and war raids. this process is reversible though your transformation is mainly handled by your partner

welp, that's it for this haberdashery! now it's over to you guys, what do you think of a claymore MMO? have I missed anything that could work in a game? is anything a bit over the top and wouldn't work in game? how popular do you think it could be, considering claymore wasn't, but is still praised amongst many of it's fans?
cap'n out!​
26mjnt.jpg

what's next for the haberdashery: well, I have a few ideas, one is a bit of a surprise I may put up when april comes around, if I have time I may do another claymore thing, but it's actually just using one character for a sort of screwattack's deathbattle, one I doubt they'd cover but still sounds like a good one nonetheless, otherwise once I'm less busy I may start work on something that may have about 2 parts, bloody roar: killing bites edition!

I’ve got to say... if this existed I’d be signing up right now. Seems like it could make for a very interesting game. I think it would be an excellent addition to the claymore universe.

it's time for a death battoooooole!
death battle is a series of videos on screwattack's YouTube channel, the guys at screwattack find two comparable opponents known for similar feats, analyse their strengths and weaknesses and pit them together in a fight to the death, seeing who out of the two has the clear advantage

today's haberdashery is like a write - up for a deathbattle screwattack may not do, maybe because they haven't thought of it or aren't too aware of the contender's abilities. what is this particular death battle I'm writing about? why it's Claymore's own silver eyed lion, Rigaldo, and Disney's definitive lion king, Mufasa!
Death battle: king of beasts
today we analyse rigaldo, the silver eyed lion and leader of an army of awakened beings, and Mufasa, respected king of the animal kingdom, but wait! how can we make this better? pit their armies against each other too! I'll be analysing the strengths and weaknesses of the awakened army and the animal kingdom in a general sense, how they've been built up, why and how well they may do in a fight.
now that very special addition is out of the way, lets first have a look at our main contenders

Rigaldo the silver eyed lion
maxresdefault.jpg

Rigaldo is a powerful creature, even amongst awakened beings, his origin is tragic, but nonetheless typical among awakened beings. as a young boy, his family was slaughtered by the man-eating shape-shifting demonic creatures known as yoma that disguise themselves as humans as they prey upon people. with nowhere left to turn, thinking only of revenge against the yoma, a mysterious organisation takes in young Rigaldo and turned him into a yoma infused warrior, whome the public mainly refer to as a claymore, for the large swords they carry, Rigaldo, now with superhuman strength, speed and the ability to heal mortal wounds at a rate that would let him easily survive, is tasked by the organisation that created him to defeat yoma, much like the yoma that destroyed his family.
his story doesn't end there though, as tragedy would once again knock on Rigaldo's door. as a male claymore, his resistance to fight the urge to use power beyond his own limits was much lower than all the future female warriors, and he eventually shared the fate of virtually all male claymore and became an awakened being, a creature much akin to yoma, albeit more powerful and with a few unique abilities, depending on the individual. Rigaldo was also defeated by Isley, an abyssal one yet more powerful than himself and swore to serve him, he was also defeated by Priscilla, who defeated him and Isley back - to -back, he was only defeated by one other person in the snowy town of Peita, which lead to his death, those are the only three people to have ever defeated him though, the only ones capable of that feat would be abyssal ones, who are in a class of their own and the claymore that killed him, who almost had an abyssal - level awakening in order to get an even level of power with him. Rigaldo may not be king of the jungle, but he is king of the battlefield

Mufasa king of pride rock
latest

born to the previous king, Ahadi, Mufasa is the heir to the throne and older brother of Scar. as a kid, Mufasa was his father's pride and joy, his firstborn and eventual successor, this meant that the neglected scar (then Taka) had no real purpose and would inherit nothing, unless Mufasa either died just after Ahadi did or Ahadi banished Mufasa, Taka would meet three hyenas who gave him the idea that if he could make Mufasa look a fool, Ahadi would never make him king, having Taka inherit kingship instead, following this plan, Taka would take Mufasa to the watering hole of the pride lands where a buffalo, Boma, would not share the water, Taka tells Boma he must fight Mufasa on order of the king, Mufasa is however saved by Rafiki, a spiritualist mandrill and Boma fights Taka instead, Mufasa returns just when Taka is attacked by Boma's herd, and earns the scar on his face, changing his name to scar, after Scar's plane to shame Mufasa is revealed, he is exiled from pride rock, and lives in the elephant graveyard.
showing a strong sense of respect for all creatures and a strong believer in "the circle of life" Mufasa's reign as king results in a fairly peaceful age of prosperity for his kingdom, the pridelands. he soon has a son, Simba, who he will throw himself in danger to fiercely defend, and he has to, when his son travels to the elephant graveyard Mufasa follows him to defend him from Scar's cunning manipulation, this leads to a confrontation with his brother, which leads to a death battle of it's own, Scar uses dirty tricks to stay in the fight, eventually gaining the upper hand with Mufasa hanging off a cliff edge, Scar drops Mufasa into a stampede of buffalo, killing him. after his death, he gains a spirit form that he's able to use to motivate his son to return to pride rock, defeat Scar and take his rightful place as king. Mufasa continues to use his spirit form to watch over his son along with future generations of kings

before I look at the contender's strengths and abilities, let's look at their armies

Awakened army
screenshot047.jpg
The awakened army are all awakened beings who have joined together and sworn allegiance with Isley, at least for his plan to upset the deadlock between the three abyssal ones and the organisation and destroy their enemies. the awakened beings hunger for human innards, much like yoma, and being former claymore, they often have some vague idea of what claymore are capable of, though they often depend on their greater physical ability during a fight. they all have similar abilities apart from unique body types. Awakened beings are also known as "veracious eaters" to the public, as a variant of yoma, as to not alarm the public to the fact that awakened beings are former claymore. the awakened army originally numbered 31, including Rigaldo, but three members scouting Peita to see how many claymore arrive in the town could not resist the chance to kill the claymore, and were instead outnumbered and killed. rigaldo is then ordered by Isley to take the remaining 27 members to destroy Peita, a vicious battle insues, and, even after rigaldo's death, the awakened army continues their onslaught against the claymore, and, in the source manga, apparently kill every last one of them. the awakened army then destroy every town in the northern region, split between east and west, at which point they are betrayed by Isley who has just handed them to their most powerful foes as Isley travels south alone and defeats the southern abyssal one

Animal kingdom
latest

the animal kingdom are all animals in the pride lands that, if called upon, all serve king Mufasa (or anyone who happens to be the lion king) they gather at pride rock to hear the king's orders or speeches and otherwise generally continue their lives, in peace under Mufasa and Simba and under dictatorship under Scar. during Simba's musical number "I just can't wait to be king" the animal kingdom is seen working together to stop Simba from dropping to the ground. though not all animals are shown, there are many different kinds of animals, including elephants that are large, strong and resilient to several types of birds that can fly. unlike the awakened beings backstory of being former claymores, not much is shown of life in the animal kingdom, but they believe in the circle of life, particularly under Mufasa, which basically states that they are born from nature, they will live their lives however they want, and eventually die, returning to nature. the animal kingdom in the lion king has much more camaraderie than the real life animal kingdom, who don't even follow a lion and will try to kill each other over so much as territory, which also leads to their strict loyalty to Mufasa, one of the most respected lion kings ever, the respect they have for Mufasa even extends to his son when he returns to pride rock, though Simba having as good a reign as his father is debatable

Deaths
Mufasa
Mufasa travels to the elephant graveyard and enters a viscous battle with his brother Scar, he seems to have the advantage but then he falls off a cliff edge, asking for Scar to help him back onto solid ground, Scar betrays him and throws him into a trench full of countless stampeding buffalo, after the stamped ends, Mufasa's body is found by his son. I don't know about you, but to resort to using a massive stampede to kill someone is a pretty bad a** death

The awakened army & Rigaldo
there's a good reason this is here after Mufasa's death, these deaths are a bit disappointing in comparison. the awakened beings are really dumb, 23 of them survive the assault on Peita, they split up and seemingly neither of the groups wonder why Isley isn't with them, Isley would have easily tipped the scales in their favour if he were with them, but he had betrayed them. 12 move to the west and are easily killed by dauf and the abyssal one riful, who is far out of the awakened being's league, 11 of them travel east and are dispatched by the organisation's new weapon which is, one person. 11 overpowered monsters are all killed by one person.
Rigaldo's death is a little dumber still, while fighting claymore in an effort to kill squad commanders, rigaldo eventually has to battle one warrior who fully awakens her legs and gains speed comparable to his own. the battle itself is fairly decent, rigaldo underestimates his enemy stating that she'll never be able to learn to control her speed precisely before he's able to kill everyone. he then does something very dumb, rigaldo cannot fly, nor does he seem to have anyone in his army that are particularly mobile in the air, he jumps before his enemy jumps, she jumps after him and meets him in the air, were he has nowhere to go, and is cut to shreds. when you're enemy gets the gams of rigaldo;s enemy, do not jump first!

strengths and abilities
Rigaldo
- super strength: yoma and claymore have super human strength, an awakened being's physical strength is ridiculous and the strength of an awakened being like Rigaldo is many levels above that again. the only entities to outdo rigaldo's physical prowess are considered to be on the level of abyssal beings, before the battle of Peita that includes just 4 people
- super speed: Rigaldo can move faster than the eye can see, almost gaining a flash step of his own, a flash step is when a character gains such speed they seem to teleport a short distance. his speed is fast enough for him to eliminate 4 out of 5 claymore commanders before anyone noticed where he was or what he was actually doing. the only person known to outdo this feat definitively while fighting him is "phatom" miria, who is capable of a flash step
- healing factor: Rigaldo can heal mortal wounds fairly quickly. his healing factor in most instances will keep him fighting, he can also reattach lost limbs, but he won't be able to regrow new limbs very quickly, certainly not quickly enough to regain a new limb in battle
- shapeshifting: rigaldo can disguise himself in human form, favouring his own form as a former human. he can also use his shape shifting ability in other ways too, a particular favourite of his is to extend his claws several meters, shooting them out like harpoons and using extended claws almost like swords and daggers
- lion's roar: nothing really special, I could just imagine him using this to intimidate his enemies and boost the morale of his allies

Mufasa
- stronger than man: Mufasa is, a regular male lion. you can't win against him in a fist fight but physically he's nothing really special among lions, claymore could probably beat him easily in terms of physical strength
- lions roar: there is another type of roar in the lion king lore that summons the spirits of past kings, but that's extended universe stuff, and Mufasa doesn't even get that power. I'll just say this is the same as Rigaldo, and it just gets his allies to grow some b***s
- kingdom loyalty: Mufasa is as loyal to his kingdom as his kingdom is to him. he can depend on any one of his allies in battle as he treats them as equals, making him among the best kings in the history of his lore
- spirit form: there is some spirituality in the lion king, to the point where kings can straight - up appear as spirits and communicate with the living, Mufasa uses this ability to motivate his son and in some extended lore, his grandson. there is also that other roar which summons the spirits of past kings for a chat, or a beer, or whatever, Mufasa's descendants would be able to communicate with him whenever they want
- keen sight: when Mufasa shows Simba the pride lands he tells Simba everything the light touches is his. considering that the pride lands are a huge area mostly bathed in sunlight Mufasa must have pretty damn good vision

Awakened army
Awakened beings typically have much of the same abilities, some have greater strength, some can regenerate limbs instantly, others will have a different balance in their abilities here and there, but they all have virtually the same abilities, just with some having a stronger ability then others. A variant of yoma and some awakened beings can fly, but none of those seem to appear in Rigaldo's army

Animal kingdom
there are probably too many abilities to list, considering the many different types of animals. some, like the awakened beings, could share , some can swim, some can even fly, it all depends on their body types and their species, let's not forget that they are loyal to their king and loyal to each other, working together to make the pride lands a safe and prosperous kingdom

with the strengths and abilities of both contenders and their armies out of the way, it's time for my write up on how I think the fight will go!

It's time for a death battle!
Rigaldo sends three scouts to investigate the pride lands and assess whether the animal kingdom would be useful to them or not. before long, the scouts can not resist the urge to fight the animals. they launch a surprise attack in their awakened forms, killing many animals, the animal kingdom retaliates, Mufasa commands them to form squads to surround the three awakened beings, with well defined squads, the animals eventually defeat the three awakened beings, as Mufasa begins to ponder what these creatures are or where they came from, Rigaldo reports to Isley that the three have been defeated. Isley tells Rigaldo to return to the pride lands leading the full force of the awakened army, as Mufasa and his subjects think they have time to try and figure out the identity of their attackers, Rigaldo and the awakened beings arrive, Rigaldo waits on the sidelines watching the battle between the awakened beings and the animal kingdom. rigaldo soon notices that his awakened beings aren't killing the animals as quickly as he thought they would, he comes up with a query that the animals have formed squads and are using their special abilities together to fight the awakened beings. he theorises that the animals couldn't possibly have come up with such a strategy and on such a scale all on their own, they must have a leader. Rigaldo soon finds Mufasa, attacks him and the two wage an epic battle. Rigaldo throws Mufasa some distance, then enters a stance with both his arms stretched forward, he extends his claws like harpoons, Mufasa sees this attack from a distance and dodges it. Rigaldo states that he's surpised, as many people are unable to see that particular attack coming, Mufasa states he needs keen vision to keep an eye on his kingdom. the two close the distance between them and continue their epic struggle, soon, Rigaldo grows tired of such a low - level fight and surprises Mufasa with his super speed, Mufasa is unable to match his speed, and, being able to land a decent hit, Rigaldo can use the full extent of his super strength, he begins wearing down Mufasa with damaging blows and blinding speed he can't handle, yet Mufasa continues to fight for his kingdom, Rigaldo finally beats the strength out of Mufasa and brutally kills him. the animal kingdom, losing their leader, panics, with aspirations of victory, Rigaldo roars, knowing the loyal animal kingdom losing their leader will surely soon be killed by the remaining awakened beings. suddenly, the animals and awakened beings look to the clouds, Rigaldo notices the focus of attention has changed, Mufasa's face appears in the clouds, with a loud booming voice Mufasa tells his kingdom to not be disheartened by his death, and orders them to kill the remaining awakened beings. the animal kingdom surround and rush the remaining awakened beings, Rigaldo, before he is caught in the attack, jumps high in the air, he is then promptly attacked by over two dozen birds of prey, killing him

Verdict
despite the physical prowess of the awakened beings, they lacked mainly two things that the animal kingdom actually had: loyalty and organisation. awakened beings are killed by organised groups of claymore all the time, they are often very selfish and never work together, where as the animal kingdom are all united in serving their king, they trust their kings words and that the king will give them an equal share of food and territory. the awakened beings are controlled by their hunger for innards and never think of others. their loyalty to Isley and Rigaldo is questionable, joining together as a means to an end.
if this was a battle just between Rigaldo and Mufasa, Mufasa cannot retaliate beyond his death, so Rigaldo would have won, but Rigaldo was against an enemy that worked together far more then him or his allies, there is also the issue that the awakened army numbers 31 at most, and the animal kingdom is never quantified so it could number in the thousands, the awakened beings with their very similar abilities could not compete with teams full of individuals with unique abilities such as flight.
the awakened beings lost on numbers and strategy, in a more cerebral fight where their only advantage was physical strength, this fight goes to spirit Mufasa and the animal kingdom

Last edited:
it's that time again! today we have a very special haberdashery with a very special message at the end! surely a good read for the ages this one, more of a what if then a re imagining like much of the other stuff.

that said.....
latest

pile them up and let's get this show on the road!

Griffith and the band of... bananas?!
Imagine the scene, Griffith arrives at a military garrison, with 2 bananas. he sees a banana with a huge sword take down Bazuso (probably because he's surprised a banana is attacking them) Griffith show interest in this banana, soon Griffith sorrounds this banana with... more bananas. Griffith states to this banana, how much he wants it to join him. with this new banana at his side, Griffith travels Midland collecting more and more Bananas, the fact that a man like Griffith single - handed defeats all mercenary groups in the area while carrying a heaping tonne of bananas across the battlefield, despite his obvious quirks, one obvious one being the bananas, Griffith his hired into the king's army to defend him, Griffith replaces all of the king's meat people under him with bananas, fights the battle of Doldery alone with just his side of the field filled with bananas. Griffith defeats the Purple Rhinos and kills Lord Gennon by himself (you expect the bananas to do that? they're bananas! soon, one of the bananas wants to become Griffith's equal (!?) Griffith feels this banana will betray him, so he challenges this banana, and loses in one strike. feeling betrayed by fruit, Griffith seduces the princess, is discovered, locked up and tortured by the king, the king doesn't bother wasting his men on looking for the band of the hawk bananas, since a fleet of men looking to wipe out fruit just sounds, well, more then a little silly. a few bananas break into the kings dungeon and save Griffith, somehow... the bananas discover that Griffith will never recover from his torture, he tries running from the bananas with one of the horse carried wagons and falls into a pond, after discovering he's too weak to kill himself, he takes one last look at the bananas and activates his behelit, summoning the god hand. the god hand offer him infinite power beyond his imagining, if he just makes one sacrifice, Griffith offers up the bananas, one member of the god hand reiterates that it must be something he truly cares for, Griffith once again says the bananas, this man really cares about his bananas. Void, with a sigh as if he's having a very long, very odd day brands all the bananas Griffith brought with him, a legion of monstrous apostles attack the bananas with confused glee, in an unholy orgy of teeth, claws, and mashed, curved, yellow fruit. Griffith becomes femto, and, in front of one of the bananas, does something that attracts the attention of all the apostles and the god hand, as they will never likely see such a thing as this ever again: a man, albeit one with god like power, raping a banana. they are all watching this odd, yet somehow disturbing scene for the next few minutes. the skull knight appears, and wonders what he's doing there... Griffith whispers to the skull knight to save the last two bananas as if it was his own idea, the skull knight, with the most confused look he could muster with his fleshless face, complies.
#Griffithreallydidnothingwrong

and by the way... April fools!

I'm thinking of something though that can really secure that tin foil on there, not just these re imaginings, but maybe some anime/manga theories?

put tin foil haberdashery in bold in your reply, and let me know what kind of content I can add to the thread!

next time I get to update the haberdashery, I'll be doing bloody roar: killing bites edition!

it's that time again! today we have a very special haberdashery with a very special message at the end! surely a good read for the ages this one, more of a what if then a re imagining like much of the other stuff.

that said.....
latest

pile them up and let's get this show on the road!

Griffith and the band of... bananas?!
Imagine the scene, Griffith arrives at a military garrison, with 2 bananas. he sees a banana with a huge sword take down Bazuso (probably because he's surprised a banana is attacking them) Griffith show interest in this banana, soon Griffith sorrounds this banana with... more bananas. Griffith states to this banana, how much he wants it to join him. with this new banana at his side, Griffith travels Midland collecting more and more Bananas, the fact that a man like Griffith single - handed defeats all mercenary groups in the area while carrying a heaping tonne of bananas across the battlefield, despite his obvious quirks, one obvious one being the bananas, Griffith his hired into the king's army to defend him, Griffith replaces all of the king's meat people under him with bananas, fights the battle of Doldery alone with just his side of the field filled with bananas. Griffith defeats the Purple Rhinos and kills Lord Gennon by himself (you expect the bananas to do that? they're bananas! soon, one of the bananas wants to become Griffith's equal (!?) Griffith feels this banana will betray him, so he challenges this banana, and loses in one strike. feeling betrayed by fruit, Griffith seduces the princess, is discovered, locked up and tortured by the king, the king doesn't bother wasting his men on looking for the band of the hawk bananas, since a fleet of men looking to wipe out fruit just sounds, well, more then a little silly. a few bananas break into the kings dungeon and save Griffith, somehow... the bananas discover that Griffith will never recover from his torture, he tries running from the bananas with one of the horse carried wagons and falls into a pond, after discovering he's too weak to kill himself, he takes one last look at the bananas and activates his behelit, summoning the god hand. the god hand offer him infinite power beyond his imagining, if he just makes one sacrifice, Griffith offers up the bananas, one member of the god hand reiterates that it must be something he truly cares for, Griffith once again says the bananas, this man really cares about his bananas. Void, with a sigh as if he's having a very long, very odd day brands all the bananas Griffith brought with him, a legion of monstrous apostles attack the bananas with confused glee, in an unholy orgy of teeth, claws, and mashed, curved, yellow fruit. Griffith becomes femto, and, in front of one of the bananas, does something that attracts the attention of all the apostles and the god hand, as they will never likely see such a thing as this ever again: a man, albeit one with god like power, raping a banana. they are all watching this odd, yet somehow disturbing scene for the next few minutes. the skull knight appears, and wonders what he's doing there... Griffith whispers to the skull knight to save the last two bananas as if it was his own idea, the skull knight, with the most confused look he could muster with his fleshless face, complies.
#Griffithreallydidnothingwrong

and by the way... April fools!

I'm thinking of something though that can really secure that tin foil on there, not just these re imaginings, but maybe some anime/manga theories?

put tin foil haberdashery in bold in your reply, and let me know what kind of content I can add to the thread!

next time I get to update the haberdashery, I'll be doing bloody roar: killing bites edition!
Is it bad I laughed a hell of a lot at that? Particularly the raping of the banana part. It just leads to many questions such as; how did Griffith manage it? Was it more of a wank with mushy bits? Did he just make a hole in it then insert himself? Did he peel banana first? There’s too many questions to answer.

Back