things in anime you get sick of seeing

amimefreak17 said:
Rosencrantz........just go with it it's only a thread

I realised after I posted I hadn't actually added anything I get sick of seeing, but didn't have time to add something this morning. If anything now I've reflected on it I'm kinda in the same boat, I've seen some truly excellent shows, but more and more shows seem samey to me and I've decided to cut back on the purchases, that's probably why I suggested you take a break.

--

Now, I get a bit annoyed with the character setup, for example from the below quote

Lutga said:
With the Clueless Harem protagonist, as far as I can remember, Aesthetica of a Rogue at least had a character that seemed more 'up for it', and also toyed with it by having a gay female character that was even more of a lech than the male lead.

I get that the clueless harem protagonist is clueless because otherwise the harem would go poof, but they tend to be super bland (because they are the stand in for the viewer) and their only defining characteristic is they are super nice. When you add in Girls that are kicking butt/saving the world it just feels so contrived they'd all go for Mr Bland. On the flip side Aethetica of a Rogue Hero made the lead so strong the female characters were basically worthless and it hurt the potential story that was there.

The shows I find myself most enjoying of this genre are either the romantic ones where the main character makes some forward progress or the action shows where there's a more equal balance of character power. (I may never forgive Samurai Girls for showing the lead as a skilled swordsman in ep1 and then literally locking him out of all subsequent fights)

Rosencrantz........I think I might not til I finish my backlog.

But yeah its getting harder to find a unique show that makes you want to watch it over and over.

Best thing to do is rewatch some oldies

I just might do that

Huge breasts. Breasts that would most likely cause curvature of the spine. I don't mind so much if it's limited to one character but when it's almost every female it just seems so gratuitous, especially when they are schoolgirls. My annoyance also grows exponentially with nipple size.

Dannielle, I'm sorta with you there as well on the school thing. I had a rough ride through primary and secondary but more than that I look back on a lot of wasted opportunities. I'd go back and do it all differently if I could, that's primarily why school settings sadden me.

I actually don't mind the OTP thing where the strong female goes a little gushy, as long as its not overboard. It's just showing another side of themselves to their partner, dropping their guard. Its like the reverse of the quiet geeky kid who one day stands up and kicks ****.

Personally, I don't mind things being set in Japan with lots of Japanese culture references. I have always longed to go though so maybe anime is the next best thing (not that I think the people of Japan live in a 24/7 anime episode :) )

Nosebleeds from various adolescent male anime characters caused by exposure to things of a sexually suggestive nature, such as dialogue or breasts/butts, especially in ecchi series :-/

KimmyKins83 said:
Nosebleeds from various adolescent male anime characters caused by exposure to things of a sexually suggestive nature, such as dialogue or breasts/butts, especially in ecchi series :-/

When it comes to girls nose bleeds because of sexual intense for a male then its different cause you rarely see that

animefreak17 said:
KimmyKins83 said:

When it comes to girls nose bleeds because of sexual intense for a male then its different cause you rarely see that

Totally agree with you there on that 100% :)

KimmyKins83 said:
animefreak17 said:
KimmyKins83 said:

Totally agree with you there on that 100% :)

I think we just get tired of the pervert guy getting nose bleeds cause like school settings it's been done to death.

Now when it comes to girls nose bleeds.....I find it ......well .....how do I put it........a little of...

Fascinating
Funny
New
Out of nowhere

And these days instead of the old stick of boys doing it, girls are perverts just as boys are so it's only fair that they do it for girls too.

I mean who here is tired of the.........* oh all girls should be elegant sweet nice happy kind and slaps boys for being pervs and they all scream when a boy walks on them naked*

I like to see a roll reversal which we rarely see.

I mean come on there are loads and loads of girls who aren't shy like in a anime......they should just make them human as humans as can be and tell a story..............unless it's a comedy.

For sure! They should definietly make more anime girl characters a lot more saucy, wild and daring when it comes to reactions to guys! I'm all for equality! :)

Sounds like you guys need to watch Maria+Holic :)

There are quite a few lecherous female characters out there. I like seeing it too!

R

I admittedly haven't seen that many ridiculous nosebleeds in the last few years and when I do, they're more subdued and not as over-the-top as they used to be. These days it seems to be more about stupid expressions, gawking and drooling than flying over backwards due to a stream of blood.

Joshawott said:
I admittedly haven't seen that many ridiculous nosebleeds in the last few years and when I do, they're more subdued and not as over-the-top as they used to be. These days it seems to be more about stupid expressions, gawking and drooling than flying over backwards due to a stream of blood.

Best nosebleed ever was Dragon Ball, with Goku fighting the invisible man. Bulma's assets were revealed to Roshi, the resultant nosebleed spray intense enough to cover the invisible man, making him visible to be pummelled.

Rui said:
Sounds like you guys need to watch Maria+Holic :)

There are quite a few lecherous female characters out there. I like seeing it too!

R

Oh my goodness yes! There sure is! I almost forgot about that one! Mind you it does feel like an absolute lifetime since I last watched that anime :p :)

Just Passing Through said:
Joshawott said:

Best nosebleed ever was Dragon Ball, with Goku fighting the invisible man. Bulma's assets were revealed to Roshi, the resultant nosebleed spray intense enough to cover the invisible man, making him visible to be pummelled.

Which season of the show is this in, it sounds hilarious?

Lutga said:
Just Passing Through said:
Joshawott said:

Which season of the show is this in, it sounds hilarious?

Season 3, The Fortuneteller Baba saga.

Another thing I really get tired of seeing a lot of the time in animes is really snivelly wet blankets of main characters who never end up changing their ways throughout...I just wanna slap them most of the time and say "Just please start growing up and be strong man!" :p :)

Yeah I guess unrealistic boob side can be a pain. What bothered me more is misrepresenting the sizes!

Can't remember what animes but there's been some with bra sizes stated and Japan, US or UK sizes being taken into account, the boos are TOO BIG for the sizes they say the character has. Just bugs me as a woman as I have a bigger bra size that some mentioned on shows yet mine are NOT THAT BIG!!!! lol.

Back