The sports-other-than-football thread!

Blimey, this thread is long dormant, but I just had to revive it after what I just watched.
Minnesota Vikings (my team in the NFL) were losing with seconds left and miles from the End Zone, but came up with a winning play!

Really enjoyed the final of the Lakeside darts yesterday - partly because as a Teessider I was hoping Glen Durrant would retain the title - but also because it was a really great match, going out down to the deciding set, with Durrant recovering from 2-0 in legs down to win 4-2.

This will probably garner some wierd replies, but I've always liked the sound that snooker balls make as they "clack" together...

I don't mind watching snooker if it's on. I try to catch the football now and again (though I prefer the bigger tournies like the Euros and the World Cup). Tennis - I do enjoy Wimbledon. As a Welsh person it appears to be a prerequisite to like rugby...

However, I don't XD

Only just noticed that my last comment in this thread was about the darts at Lakeside, and I’m about to mention it again - the women’s championship was gone to Japan. The winner was “Miracle” Mikuru Suzuki, the first person from Asia to take part in the tournament, and who played using soft-tip darts on a much harder board the Japanese normally use. Interesting walk-on music she uses - Babymetal followed by Baby Shark.

Chelsea fan. (Azar comes from Hazard) Lewis Hamilton fan. Ronnie O'sullivan fan. Andy Murray fan. Patriots fan. 😍

I seem like a glory hunter i know but im honestly not! Just lucky. 😝

When did you first support them? If it's before 2000 then I'll believe you 😜
BTW Go Chargers! Glad the Eagles won last year, even if they did stuff my team in play-offs.

2004 Super Bowl was my first time watching American Football and i just randomly started rooting for them that night. Plus i was a big Family Guy fan at the time (Peter Griffin is a Pat and they had Tom Brady guest star)

I only really watch the Superbowl each year mostly, but from what I have seen i dont fancy our chances much!

i dont fancy our chances much!
You are at home tomorrow, although due to how the play-offs work Chargers actually had the better record during the regular season and are pretty good away from home. Both the other teams are pretty good as well, so yeah definitely more difficult this year.

🐐

200w.gif

The BBC have released the trailer for the Tokyo Olympics. Music is either from Ghost in the Shell (sounds more like Innocence than the original) or an original piece by Kenji Kawai mixed with something else.

The BBC have released the trailer for the Tokyo Olympics. Music is either from Ghost in the Shell (sounds more like Innocence than the original) or an original piece by Kenji Kawai mixed with something else.
Damn, you beat me to that! The beginning is definitely from the GitS soundtrack, no question, I wonder if it might be some sort of megamix of Japanese music? (Also way to hit all the Japanese stereotypes, BBC)

I think there's definitely an anime/gaming fan on the BBC sport design team - as well as that, one of their Euro 2020 adverts has a Shakespeare line in the Persona 5 font:

E5DFx2nX0AQiv97.jpeg

1*P1ZpJoADmVLHN2vjq0cmqw.jpeg

To any Formula 1 viewers who witnessed the calamitous end to this year's world championship yesterday, come and have a look if you will at this online petition to remove race director Michael Masi from his post.

Michael Masi has proven himself incapable of making coherent decisions at key moments during the 2021 FIA Formula 1 World Championship. He also directly affected the outcome of the Drivers' Championship to the detriment of one of the contenders by breaching the Sporting Regulations in not following the correct procedures laid down in the FIA's own rules. As such, he is not suited to the role of Race Director and must be replaced by a more competent individual.

Back