The sports-other-than-football thread!

D1tchd1gger

Mad Scientist
Blimey, this thread is long dormant, but I just had to revive it after what I just watched.
Minnesota Vikings (my team in the NFL) were losing with seconds left and miles from the End Zone, but came up with a winning play!

Ian Wolf

Shrine Maiden
AUKN Staff
Really enjoyed the final of the Lakeside darts yesterday - partly because as a Teessider I was hoping Glen Durrant would retain the title - but also because it was a really great match, going out down to the deciding set, with Durrant recovering from 2-0 in legs down to win 4-2.

~AyaMachi~

Flame Haze
This will probably garner some wierd replies, but I've always liked the sound that snooker balls make as they "clack" together...

I don't mind watching snooker if it's on. I try to catch the football now and again (though I prefer the bigger tournies like the Euros and the World Cup). Tennis - I do enjoy Wimbledon. As a Welsh person it appears to be a prerequisite to like rugby...

However, I don't XD

Ian Wolf

Shrine Maiden
AUKN Staff
Only just noticed that my last comment in this thread was about the darts at Lakeside, and I’m about to mention it again - the women’s championship was gone to Japan. The winner was “Miracle” Mikuru Suzuki, the first person from Asia to take part in the tournament, and who played using soft-tip darts on a much harder board the Japanese normally use. Interesting walk-on music she uses - Babymetal followed by Baby Shark.

Azar

Vampire Ninja
Chelsea fan. (Azar comes from Hazard) Lewis Hamilton fan. Ronnie O'sullivan fan. Andy Murray fan. Patriots fan. 😍

I seem like a glory hunter i know but im honestly not! Just lucky. 😝

Azar

Vampire Ninja
When did you first support them? If it's before 2000 then I'll believe you 😜
BTW Go Chargers! Glad the Eagles won last year, even if they did stuff my team in play-offs.
2004 Super Bowl was my first time watching American Football and i just randomly started rooting for them that night. Plus i was a big Family Guy fan at the time (Peter Griffin is a Pat and they had Tom Brady guest star)

I only really watch the Superbowl each year mostly, but from what I have seen i dont fancy our chances much!

D1tchd1gger

Mad Scientist
i dont fancy our chances much!
You are at home tomorrow, although due to how the play-offs work Chargers actually had the better record during the regular season and are pretty good away from home. Both the other teams are pretty good as well, so yeah definitely more difficult this year.