The SOS Brigade needs you!

beez_andrew

Great Teacher
Someone may want to move this to the News part of the site, but I don't have access to that so here is our press release guys, not a surprise in terms of the license itself but read the press release to see what we're doing with it! Bare details should be in the hands of those who've subscribed to Neo today or tomorrow when their latest editions arrive - in the meantime here's the press release with fuller details!

Beez Entertainment is pleased to announce the acquisition of The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya for UK distribution.

I thought that when I entered high school, my days of believing in aliens, time travelers and ESPers were going to be over. That is until she introduced herself. Claiming to be interested in only aliens, time travelers, and ESPers, Haruhi Suzumiya was the strangest girl I’ve met in a long time…

Before I knew what’s going on, I’ve been dragged into her weird club, and it looks like I’m not the only one who has been drafted into this ‘SOS Brigade’ of hers, because there are three other students who don’t seem to be so ordinary themselves.

Either way we’ve all found ourselves caught up in Haruhi’s quest to search for all things extraordinary. And what’s this I hear about us making a movie??

Aware of the importance of this series to UK fans, we are also proud to announce we will be using the Madman Entertainment masters, bringing you the highest video quality possible. But wait, that's not all!

Dedicated to bringing you a premium release that encourages you to buy from the UK release we are also going to provide you with all the extra goodies you can imagine - just like you saw in the US!

Each volume will have a regular release of £19.99, while the Volume 1 LE will cost an RRP of £39.99 and the other 3 LE's will have an RRP of £34.99. Due for release in consecutive months starting from the dates of London Expo May, right the way through to Amecon in August! Who knows what kind of surprises may lie in wait at those events too?

Start saving today, because the S.O.S. Brigade is invading the UK!

I already have the first and second LE's but i'll be tempted for the others.

Got any information on the LE's? are they the same as the American release?

Nyu said:
I already have the first and second LE's but i'll be tempted for the others.

Got any information on the LE's? are they the same as the American release?

Spot on - they'll be the same as the American release, except they'll have Region 2 DVDs inside instead of R1 of course!

This goes without saying that it is part of our initiative to encourage UK fans that it is worth buying from the UK. Short of shipping an esper with every release, this seemed the best possible release style for Haruhi so I hope everyone is as happy with the plan as we are :).

Following Andrews confirmation, if anyone is wondering what the first release will contain and doesn't know already. Here it is.

aw20850bwz5.jpg

The extras include;

- custom series artbox
- a Haruhi~ism iron-on
- a double-sided pencil board
- a Haruhi Cosplay Ribbon/Headband
- the Hare Hare Yukai CD Soundtrack.

I've been putting it of buying the R1's for so long and hoping for this, Thank You Beez! Very decent prices as well. I'm really excited. Its going to be such a fantastic release, I hope it sells well and that leads to other a few other KyoAni properties reaching our shores.

YAY~

HARUHI!

I will definitely double-dip on this one. I already have the full US LE but will get the UK version as well. Love the series (just finished watching it for the umpteenth time :p) and welcome the UK release.

I already bought it American a while ago thinking this wouldn't happen, I might have to just chuck the American ones and buy the british but I don't know if my brother will like that.

Beez is the best anime company :3

unfortunatly, i've also already bought the US version

however i'll take this now as a sign that beez will be getting Lucky Star aswell, so i'll probually wait on that

If I was wearing a hat I'd take it off to you. Bravo Beez - I'm sure securing the same extras as the US release was a lot of work but rest assured it was worth your while.

This has made a lot of people happy, hasn't it? ^_^

Ryo Chan said:
unfortunatly, i've also already bought the US version

however i'll take this now as a sign that beez will be getting Lucky Star aswell, so i'll probually wait on that
Good idea, I'll remember to wait on that one too.

Beez_andrew , any chance of use getting Ouran high school by beez too? Bit of a long shot but I'll not get it american if they do.

If anyone hasn't bought the Haruhi 1st Volume Limited Edition i suggest you do so. You get a load for your money and the quality is excellent. As i'm sure all us current US owners will vouch for.

Nick said:
Any plans for a boxset becuase 3-4 volumes adds up?

The first Limited edition doubles up as a box set for the standard dvds. If you look in the image where the little cardboard insert on the box is, that's where the regular dvds go.

YAAAAAY! 8D Awesome, awesome news - haven't seem Haruhi, but I know I'll like it and I'm going to like it even more with all the amazing extras it's going to come with! Thank you, Beez! :]

beez_andrew said:
Start saving today, because the S.O.S. Brigade is invading the UK!

That's some nice rhymin' Andrew! ;]

Already have the US LE's myself and i have to say as the UK version will be the same as the US ones they are worth every penny!

The show is great, the extras are entertaining and the bonus items and the quality of the packaging cant be beaten.

Back