The SOS Brigade needs you!

hence why i mentioned that volume. Volume 4 is also named 'The disappearance of Suzumiya Haruhi. Volume 3 has one chapter which is linked to that. Bamboo leaf rhapsody.

Ah..I thought the disappearence was a later volume than that -__-;;

I'ma start reading from the begginning just because its easier. I'll probably have caught up by the time the new series[?] is released.

Boy, I can't wait to get ripped off again.

British prices are awesome, and I'm sure the English dub is the best thing since Street Fighter II: The Animated Movie.

HOO, SHADOWLOO. 'DEY IZ' SUM' BAD MAVVAFAGGAZ.

Lulz, etc.

4 EPISODE DVD MONEY TRAP.

Maybe Beez could see their way to releasing the respective PSP/PS2 Limited Edition Haruhi games. That might be doing some actual good for the cause of Britfag Animation, Limited.

You know, Beez actually releasing something I haven't already watched a hundred years ago might be a very delicious plan! - They should also release that twenty odd episode Haruhi commercial Lucky * Star at some point, too.

F.F. said:
You know, Beez actually releasing something I haven't already watched a hundred years ago might be a very delicious plan! - They should also release that twenty odd episode Haruhi commercial Lucky * Star at some point, too.

that is quite possibly the most retarded thing i've ever heard on this forum.

F.F. said:
Have you even seen Lucky Star? Because the whole point of it, is that it's a parody. It's got to contain references to popular anime to parody it! And there isn't that many references to the Haruhi anyway!!

Mohawk52 said:
Good enought for a rental.
Oh can't rent it? Oh well. (moves on)

If you mean Blockbuster's then no - you can't pop in and get it there yet sadly (though if you do prefer there then suggest it ^^).

However to say you won't be able to rent it on release should you want to isn't true. If you're up to date on the latest online rental schemes, you'll know that Amazon is running its own rental scheme now.

From there you have access, by rental, to a large majority if not all (I haven't had time to verify or test the system since our titles were added to it) of the Beez catalog. This can be accessed from here.

So, if not signed up to it already you can always take advantage of its free trial and get to rent the first volume gratis ^^. If it doesn't become available there on launch PM me and I'll look into it.

Any other rental places you'd like to see Beez DVDs :)?

(Naturally as Amazon is outsourcing to LoveFilm.co.uk, you can also access the Beez catalog for rental via that - but it's not as easy to get the full list there)

beez_andrew said:
Mohawk52 said:
Good enought for a rental.
Oh can't rent it? Oh well. (moves on)

If you mean Blockbuster's then no - you can't pop in and get it there yet sadly (though if you do prefer there then suggest it ^^).

However to say you won't be able to rent it on release should you want to isn't true. If you're up to date on the latest online rental schemes, you'll know that Amazon is running its own rental scheme now.

From there you have access, by rental, to a large majority if not all (I haven't had time to verify or test the system since our titles were added to it) of the Beez catalog. This can be accessed from here.

So, if not signed up to it already you can always take advantage of its free trial and get to rent the first volume gratis ^^. If it doesn't become available there on launch PM me and I'll look into it.

Any other rental places you'd like to see Beez DVDs :)?

(Naturally as Amazon is outsourcing to LoveFilm.co.uk, you can also access the Beez catalog for rental via that - but it's not as easy to get the full list there)
Hello Andrew. I've been renting DVD's since 2004 first from LoveFilm, but now with Amazon, and apparently soon back to LoveFilm again if Amazon have their way. I have on average 35 to 40 volumes of series and movies all completely and totally anime. I detest fansubs so I have never, nor will ever use them. I rent first and if I like something well enough I then will buy it. However, just checking Amazon, Haruhi is only available R1 and not available for renting. But I am pleased to know that I will be able to rent it when it does get released here, and thank you for letting me know.

Maltos said:
F.F. said:
Have you even seen Lucky Star? Because the whole point of it, is that it's a parody. It's got to contain references to popular anime to parody it! And there isn't that many references to the Haruhi anyway!!

whs, i believe there is like a 15 min segment in the anime cafe, and the end theme/mikuru music being used once or twice

but there was more Gundam and Full Metal Panic References that Haruhi

Last edited by a moderator:
Nyu said:
F.F. said:

that is quite possibly the most retarded thing i've ever heard on this forum.

Erm. Think I've been beaten to the punch already, there.

MANY TIMES OVER.

Maltos said:

Kind of like those two other shows Excel Saga and Azumanga Daioh. - Don't get me wrong, I love Lucky * Star, but it is terrible, too delicious and should be mercifully killed in action at some point. It's caused more wrist-related injuries in Japan than when those Haruhi Bunny-Girl Gashapon ever did.

My favourite scene from Lucky * Star:
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=im3GLvYTY ... re=related

*fapfapfap*

Also! - Anyone who's seen Lucky * Star obviously downloaded it. FOR SHAME.

Yes very much like Azumanga...and your point?

And so what if I downloaded it...I'm not religiously against it like some people. I'd already planned to order the LE box from the US but now with the advent of the Haruhi release over here I'm going to waiting.

Maltos said:
Yes very much like Azumanga...and your point?

The novelty of parody shows soon wears off.

After a hundred billion in merchandising sales, that is.

I havn't seen Excel Saga [DVDs are in the post ;)] but I've read and watched Azumanga but i still found Lucky Star highly amusing. The stories were completely different and although some of the comedy was similar, it was different enough to be fresh and funny.

Maltos said:
I havn't seen Excel Saga [DVDs are in the post ;)] but I've read and watched Azumanga but i still found Lucky Star highly amusing. The stories were completely different and although some of the comedy was similar, it was different enough to be fresh and funny.

I like the ten minute conversation about pastries in the first episode. [=

Excel Saga is actually worth watching once in a lifetime. You made a good purchase. Might be bold of me to say, but it is much better, honestly.

However. I love Konata Izumi, so. Bah~. <3

Ryo Chan said:
Don't get me wrong, I love Lucky * Star

Also! - Anyone who's seen Lucky * Star obviously downloaded it. FOR SHAME.

:lol:

do i actually need to say anything there?

how can you love lucky star without watching it yourself?

OH SHI--. ;o;

Greetings!

Haruhi is one of the most favourite anime shows of mine, so I'm happy to hear that it's going to be distributed in the UK!

Now I have a question regarding its specification. Will the UK version of Haruhi include French dub and/or subtitle? This question popped into my mind because I found that some of the anime beez UK sells(e.g. Eureka Seven, Planetes, Gundam Seed) contains not only English dubs and subs but also those of other language(s). It'd be wonderful to hear the voices of Haruhi and co. dubbed nicely in many languages, as well as the amazing English dub.

I hope Haruhi DVD sells well in the UK, too. Wish you good luck and success, beez!

Back