The SOS Brigade needs you!

Any plans for a boxset becuase 3-4 volumes adds up?

As already said, LE Vol.1 doubles up as a boxset for the other 3 volumes. The other 3 do, however, come in boxes because of all the goodies they have. Unfortunately the boxes for 2, 3 and 4 don't serve any other use once you've got it home and opened it all up. The Vol.1 box also has pull out drawers to put all the CDs that come with the others and all those other goodies.

As a few here I have the the American LE's and standards(miss orderd vol 2 so decided to get all of them). The extras are great well worth spending those extra pennies if you are worried. What's a nice touch if the UK release is the same is with the LEs you get a second disc with the episodes in broadcast order.

Fudce said:
...three episodes for £20? =/

I'm hoping/assuming that's just the max level RRP or whatever. If it's considerably cheaper (like...£13) online I'll get it....not that I've got high hopes, considering most other Beez stuff is £15-20 online.

I can appreciate the cost of getting anime released and rated (from the thread lower down the page) is high and all, but considering how much Revelation's releases cost (£16 RRP, most titles around £11 and a lot sub-£10 for more than three episodes), I wouldn't even consider spending £20.

Curry Man said:
Fudce said:
...three episodes for £20? =/

I'm hoping/assuming that's just the max level RRP or whatever. If it's considerably cheaper (like...£13) online I'll get it....not that I've got high hopes, considering most other Beez stuff is £15-20 online.

I can appreciate the cost of getting anime released and rated (from the thread lower down the page) is high and all, but considering how much Revelation's releases cost (£16 RRP, most titles around £11 and a lot sub-£10 for more than three episodes), I wouldn't even consider spending £20.

if it's the same as the US, it's technically 6 eps for £20 as there are 2 ways off seeing the show, in it's broadcasted way (where it makes very little sence at or) or the natural way, where effectivly the series finishes half way through

if it's the same as the US, it's technically 6 eps for £20 as there are 2 ways off seeing the show

The RE is £20, not the LE. Its the LE that comes with the bonus disc with the broadcast order (not to mention all the other goodies). So he is right about the RE being £20 for just 4/3 episodes.

ryuzaki said:
if it's the same as the US, it's technically 6 eps for £20 as there are 2 ways off seeing the show

The RE is £20, not the LE. Its the LE that comes with the bonus disc with the broadcast order (not to mention all the other goodies). So he is right about the RE being £20 for just 4/3 episodes.

really? i got RE vol 4 and it had 2 discs

Ryo Chan said:
really? i got RE vol 4 and it had 2 discs

Are you sure yours is the RE? Maybe someone sold you (or returned, to the seller, who then mistakenly sent it to you) the DVD case from the LE somehow. Lucky you either way I guess :)

R

I've never watched this series but I've heard of it and thought it was just your average high-school seinen, but knowing it's about aliens and time travel has perked my interest greatly, I'll certainly buy it now, not sure which editions though.

yamiiguy said:
I've never watched this series but I've heard of it and thought it was just your average high-school seinen, but knowing it's about aliens and time travel has perked my interest greatly, I'll certainly buy it now, not sure which editions though.

The pricier choice, mentioned by Nyu and Andrew contains both ways of watching the show. The 'Broadcast order', which is also known as Kyon's order is the way it was shown on japanese TV, the other order, Haruhi's order is the way the show goes in the novels, and in the actual timeline. Both are good to watch, if you read the novels you kinda knew which way the broadcast order was going(as in, you knew what the last episode was going to be).

Still, this is a great release for Beez, it has to be said. And the fact you're going to release the Limited Editions as well is a great idea, i think with the fanbase for it, it'll definitely be one which a lot of people will pick up.

Arbalest said:
yamiiguy said:

The pricier choice, mentioned by Nyu and Andrew contains both ways of watching the show. The 'Broadcast order', which is also known as Kyon's order is the way it was shown on japanese TV, the other order, Haruhi's order is the way the show goes in the novels, and in the actual timeline. Both are good to watch, if you read the novels you kinda knew which way the broadcast order was going(as in, you knew what the last episode was going to be).

Still, this is a great release for Beez, it has to be said. And the fact you're going to release the Limited Editions as well is a great idea, i think with the fanbase for it, it'll definitely be one which a lot of people will pick up.

I think the novels are in the 'odd' order aswell.

Maltos said:
Arbalest said:
yamiiguy said:

Not entirely. The first 6 or so episodes in Haruhi's order are the events in the first novel as they happen(bar the very first one, 00, which comes from volume 6, like an intro to the show-ish). Novel 2 is completely missed out(which is a shame), the majority of the rest is taken from volume 3, and put in the order they actually happen in after volume 1, as volume 3 are the stories which happen during the first half a year after the SOS brigade was formed, in other words all the events between novels 1 and 2. Novel 2, by the way, is the making of the movie shown in episode 00.

That's certainly a surprise. Absolutely fantastic.

Now we know that Kadokawa have an interest in the UK - or at least they're willing to let other countries releases their licenses.

I have all the US limited editions, and just to say that they're worth the money by far. You've never seen a release quite like this.

It'd be pretty interesting to see what happens with this is retailer chains, with loads of these huge striking boxes in the anime section - it's going to make some people interested in seeing what it's all about for sure.

Maybe this release will make its own little Haruhi phenomenon.

I'll double dip on this eventually. It'll be interesting to see how Madman's encode of the opening was, as the R1 release suffered from some pretty bad blocking, which is expected but maybe Madman made it looks super.

Great Stuff,

I'll be down to the expo that day with a few friends on my birthday, excellect birthday present awaits for me, can't wait.

Awesome work beez you made my day :D !

Arbalest said:
Maltos said:
Arbalest said:
yamiiguy said:

Not entirely. The first 6 or so episodes in Haruhi's order are the events in the first novel as they happen(bar the very first one, 00, which comes from volume 6, like an intro to the show-ish). Novel 2 is completely missed out(which is a shame), the majority of the rest is taken from volume 3, and put in the order they actually happen in after volume 1, as volume 3 are the stories which happen during the first half a year after the SOS brigade was formed, in other words all the events between novels 1 and 2. Novel 2, by the way, is the making of the movie shown in episode 00.

I've read some of the novels. I started trying to read them in chronological so i was jumping from chapter to chapter and then i realised i was being a fool so i just went onto volume two and eventually forgot to keep reading it *crap memory*~ Thanks for clearing that up.

On another note i hope tokyopop or someone decides to release the Haruhi novels in english; from the first and parts of others I've read they're very enjoyable.

Maltos said:
Arbalest said:
Maltos said:
Arbalest said:
yamiiguy said:

I've read some of the novels. I started trying to read them in chronological so i was jumping from chapter to chapter and then i realised i was being a fool so i just went onto volume two and eventually forgot to keep reading it *crap memory*~ Thanks for clearing that up.

On another note i hope tokyopop or someone decides to release the Haruhi novels in english; from the first and parts of others I've read they're very enjoyable.

The best way to read them is just volume by volume. Its pretty easy to make clear what goes where as you go, and its still as enjoyable. If you read from volume 3, the bamboo leaf rhapsody, then the whole of volume 4, you know what to expect in the new series :p

Back