I'd go for the 47 episodes of the TV series first. then the 16 episodes of the second OVA series.
I don’t have either of those!I'd go for the 47 episodes of the TV series first. then the 16 episodes of the second OVA series.
I would recommend leaving Patlabor 2 until last. It acts as the culmination of the team's story and is a fantastic capstone to the whole franchise. WXIII is pretty good, but it's a side story where the regular cast barely appear, and is set before Patlabor 2.Patlabor fans help me decide!
I recently found the original 7 episode OVA on YT which I watched preceding Patlabor: The Movie but now I have a debate, do I go in release order and watch Palabor The Movie 2 or WXII?
My inclination was to go in timeline but wanted to be sure I wasn’t going to get some weird spoilers for 2!I would recommend leaving Patlabor 2 until last. It acts as the culmination of the team's story and is a fantastic capstone to the whole franchise. WXIII is pretty good, but it's a side story where the regular cast barely appear, and is set before Patlabor 2.
There are 3 titles according to a post in the streaming thread.Has anyone signed up for HBO Max (UK) to peruse the offerings and see what/if anime offerings they have? Their site doesn't seem to let people see the catalogue without paying them
had a quick look, just the new FLCL and Rick & Morty showsHas anyone signed up for HBO Max (UK) to peruse the offerings and see what/if anime offerings they have? Their site doesn't seem to let people see the catalogue without paying them

It makes me very glad I got the CE of A Lull In The Sea when it was released but even then it was expensive-if I remember correctly about $120 or so. Cheapest listing on ebay-YIPES!!Yes and I poke around every now and again for one at a price I can stomach (same with Ping Pong) but we didn't get a standard edition!
*My collection is all Blu-ray and region B compatible only (thus far...a couple of things only in A have had me tempted)

Does anyone know if the movies of Galaxy Express 999 are continuations of the tv series, or alternate retellings? I already own the series and think the movies are a bit expensive, but I would not want to miss a sequel, if that is what they are. Many thanks![]()
I see, thank you! Would you recommend the second movie even when I would not watch the first movie? Does the series feel complete without Adieu Galaxy Express 999?The first movie is a retelling of the story of the TV series. It was directed by Rintarou so the experience is fairly different. I think the tone is much darker and there really isn't any comedy relief like there is in the series. Since it's obviously shorter than the series, all of the important story is here, but it does not have all the stops at numerous planets where Tetsurou learns some lesson like the series, and there aren't any lonely women that try to kidnap him as far as I remember.The animation quality is better than the TV series.
The second movie, Adieu Galaxy Express 999, is a new story that takes place sometime later.
The third movie, Eternal Fantasy, I have never seen and I chose to not buy after reading some reviews and comments.
Thanks for the info! I'm going to think about it. I have not seen any of it yet, but did buy the series when it was a bit cheaper. Looking forward to watching it^^.The second movie is pretty standalone. My personal bias is I like both movies more than the series. I own the movies but do not own the series. I have watched all of it but felt it was too expensive to buy for how I feel about it.
I missed getting the complete series from DiabolikDVD when they had it for a significantly lower price than the US $150 it is at MediaOCD's store. I probably would have bought it from DiabolikDVD for the price they had it for but it was already sold out when I found it, and they do not restock Discotek as far as I can tell as it's been removed from the site now.