The Q & A Thread (for questions that do not need a thread)

Have you tried Anime World Order? Sounds like it’d be exactly what you’re looking for.

Shoutout to the Retro Anime Podcast lads as well.
Ah I found RAP and have started listening to the Guyver episode before parental duties have taken over my weekend. Definite good start.

I just checked out the review index on AWO and this looks exactly what I’m after too. Don’t think I’ll be catching up on over 200 episodes, so I might have to cherry pick some of the episodes I recognise or am currently interested in the stuff reviewed.

Thanks so much, really appreciate it.

Have you tried Anime World Order? Sounds like it’d be exactly what you’re looking for.

Shoutout to the Retro Anime Podcast lads as well.
Just wanted to say thanks again. I’ve been really enjoying the AWO podcast. I’ve gone back and cherry picked episodes of interest and then just started listening from episode 200. According to Apple I’ve listened to 29 episodes, so nearly one a day 🤣

My Dad isn’t a huge animation fan, and he’s not viewed any anime outside of Cowboy Bebop.

Do you think he would enjoy Cells at Work and Laid back camp?

And if yes, any bits I need to skip? (Fan service moments mainly)

My Dad isn’t a huge animation fan, and he’s not viewed any anime outside of Cowboy Bebop.

Do you think he would enjoy Cells at Work and Laid back camp?

And if yes, any bits I need to skip? (Fan service moments mainly)
I am always curious by these sorts of posts. What sort of TV does he watch? If he's watched anything like Game of Thrones, I can't imagine any anime fan service even approaching the amount of sex and nudity in that.

Regarding your query there's no fan service in the Cells at Work two seasons. The spin-off Cells at Work black has some, but it's just slightly more revealing outfits. Laid-Back Camp has several visits to onsens, but at most you'll see bare shoulders as they sit low in water that's too opaque to see anything.

I am always curious by these sorts of posts. What sort of TV does he watch? If he's watched anything like Game of Thrones, I can't imagine any anime fan service even approaching the amount of sex and nudity in that.

Regarding your query there's no fan service in the Cells at Work two seasons. The spin-off Cells at Work black has some, but it's just slightly more revealing outfits. Laid-Back Camp has several visits to onsens, but at most you'll see bare shoulders as they sit low in water that's too opaque to see anything.
Yeah, I should have been more specific. My bad.
Yeah, he doesn’t watch anything with nudity or gore.

Just want to introduce him to more anime, that all. :)

If he's not a huge animation fan (which is basically what anime is) and he doesn't want to watch gore or nudity (which is basically what anime is) are you sure it's a good idea to try and get him into it?

Perhaps he's happier watching only fools and horses or w/e random stuff my parents watch! :D

Unless he has asked for recommendations and actively wants to get involved I'd not be trying to get him into it personally, doesn't sound like he's that keen?

Last edited:
If he's not a huge animation fan (which is basically what anime is) and he doesn't want to watch gore or nudity (which is basically what anime is) are you sure it's a good idea to try and get him into it?

Perhaps he's happier watching only fools and horses or w/e random stuff my parents watch! :D

Unless he has asked for recommendations and actively wants to get involved I'd not be trying to get him into it personally, doesn't sound like he's that keen?
As a rule he does prefer live-action. But it's weird sometimes. A lot of Pixar and Dreamworks he isn't interested in.
But then he loves The Iron Giant, The incredibles and Up, and doesn't mind the How To Train Your Dragon trilogy.

He's always willing to try new stuff, just sometimes it doesn't connect with him when it comes to animation. Doesn't stop me trying or him having a go. :)
So i'd thought I'd try anime and see how if that floats his boat. 😆

Thanks for the suggestion! It was one of my first ideas, but unfortunately its sub only. My dad's reading speed is very slow, he sadly can't watch anything that requires a lot of subtitles. :(
Rejoice the AL release has been dubbed! No idea if it's been added to CR though, possibly not yet as a selling point for the physical release.
Also possibly already sold out, so it'll have to wait for the standard if you didn't get it.

Alternatively I'd suggest Sakura Quest. MC gets assigned, by accident, to a village in the sticks with a decreasing population and failing fortunes. She decides to make the best of the situation and help them out. IIRC I watched this dubbed.

I’ve been enjoying RE:Cutie Honey, which CH series should I try next?
Definitely the original series, if Discotek's DVD set isn't out of print yet. It has a psychedelic visual style, a twisted sense of humour, and is full of 70s Go Nagai energy.

If you like the fan service, get New Cutie Honey too. Storywise it's a relatively dry, post-apocalytic series that takes itself too seriously, but it has some of the best fan service animation ever committed to acetate.

Cutie Honey Universe isn't as bad as I was lead to believe by reviews, but it is pretty mediocre.

Definitely the original series, if Discotek's DVD set isn't out of print yet. It has a psychedelic visual style, a twisted sense of humour, and is full of 70s Go Nagai energy.

If you like the fan service, get New Cutie Honey too. Storywise it's a relatively dry, post-apocalytic series that takes itself too seriously, but it has some of the best fan service animation ever committed to acetate.

Cutie Honey Universe isn't as bad as I was lead to believe by reviews, but it is pretty mediocre.
From what I can see, New Cutie Honey and Universe are the only ones “easily” (via import) available. I ordered New Cutie Honey as it wasn’t that expensive from Amazon. I’ve also seen Cutie Honey Flash is on the Internet Archive and the MKV files have English subs. I might check it out there to see what it’s like and then if a legal option presents itself, pick it up. Any idea on a way to watch the 70s show? I’d like to be able to experience it, I really enjoyed the psychedelic parts of Space Cobra so I’d probably enjoy that too.

Back