The Q & A Thread (for questions that do not need a thread)

Are you watching on the PS4 app? The new version is terrible, I don't think the PS4 can take it, just like my FireStick couldn't, although not as bad as that one was. It's OK during the day, but in the evening it buffers like you say so it could also be a server problem.
They actually patched it and it was slightly better, but still had jitters and pressing the PS button to close it takes ages to come up.

Are you watching on the PS4 app? The new version is terrible, I don't think the PS4 can take it, just like my FireStick couldn't, although not as bad as that one was. It's OK during the day, but in the evening it buffers like you say so it could also be a server problem.
They actually patched it and it was slightly better, but still had jitters and pressing the PS button to close it takes ages to come up.
I'm just on the website. My PC has a wired connection to the router, so it can't be a wifi issue either. I wonder if an influx of customers from Funimation is making the bandwidth creak, though I would have expected problems to start a couple of months ago if that was it.

I keep getting their crummiest quality for extended periods too at the moment, oscillating between acceptable and a pixellated mess every few seconds of everything I watch. No other video apps are affected, just Crunchyroll, and I have a gigabit connection. Fortunately everything I've watched from them this season has sucked, but I do hope they sort it out before the better shows air :(

R

I keep getting their crummiest quality for extended periods too at the moment, oscillating between acceptable and a pixellated mess every few seconds of everything I watch. No other video apps are affected, just Crunchyroll, and I have a gigabit connection. Fortunately everything I've watched from them this season has sucked, but I do hope they sort it out before the better shows air :(

R
I hope it's just a blip. If this is the shape of a Sony anime monopoly going forward, we're doomed.

Is anyone else finding that the bandwidth on Crunchyroll has gone to hell in the last few weeks? At first I thought it was a problem with the servers they were using for catalogue titles, but I've just tried watching a current season short (Musasi-No) that kept buffering every few seconds even at 720p. I get a pretty stable 55Mbps downstream on my broadband, so it shouldn't be a problem on my side.
I am so happy that someone has mentioned this. I watch either using my PC (wired with almost fibre speed broadband) and my ipad, and it either constantly buffers, or stops and I have to refresh the page.

Ironically, I never had this issue with Funimation, so I hope the tech guys at Crunchyroll can get this sorted sooner rather than later.

I hope it's just a blip. If this is the shape of a Sony anime monopoly going forward, we're doomed.
Don't worry, I'm sure some other studio will start up-And Sony bought them, nope the is hope gone.
It's my biggest fear of the monopoly here in that they honestly have little incentive to deliver a better service. Where else are we going to go? Their biggest competition is yet to actual get there yet so right now they are sitting on a throne of anime.

It's not just you, I watch on a PC and last night it was really bad. I found having the episode I wanted to watch up, then just pausing and doing something else till it had done a lot of its buffering worked and allowed me to watch the rest of my episode without all the pauses. I don't know if it's just peak times or more popular shows though as after 9pm with a much less popular show it was fine. I was able to browse other sites perfectly fine so it must be them. Here's hoping it's not a regular thing!

The Fruits Basket movie is in cinemas on Wed/Thurs, can I watch it without having seen the series? Or is it more an epilogue to the series?

I do plan on watching the series but haven't got round to it yet.

The Fruits Basket movie is in cinemas on Wed/Thurs, can I watch it without having seen the series? Or is it more an epilogue to the series?

I do plan on watching the series but haven't got round to it yet.
It's a prologue, IIRC. So you should be good.
I think the limited new bits are a prologue but is it not mainly a compilation of the series with just a peppering of an epilogue??

I think the limited new bits are a prologue but is it not mainly a compilation of the series with just a peppering of an epilogue??
I looked it up. You're correct, synopsis from MAL:
The film will serve as an omnibus to the three-season anime series, including the Kyouko to Katsuya no Monogatari (The Story of Kyouko and Katsuya) prequel, as well as new scenes written by the original creator Natsuki Takaya taking place after the television anime.

Do you need an instore membership to sell a game for a voucher in cex store? Stuff i have soldbas always been online so never sold instore... Thanks

Do you need an instore membership to sell a game for a voucher in cex store? Stuff i have soldbas always been online so never sold instore... Thanks
Sort of you do have to register with them (free), so they take some details (Pretty sure they need an ID so don't forget that). You might be able to use your online account (I got the impression thats what they were meant to do when they did mine, but mine is seprate cause another memeber of staff only mentioned it at the end of the process, so just went with its done now and its not a big deal).

They may still ask for bank details, but not sure even though your just requesting voucher.

Might be able to do the online sell drop off (but haven't tried it my self), but I'm guessing you've got some DVD's and I think there in store only. Or maybe your wanting voucher to use in store that day.

We used to have a cash converters that was called the criminals cashpoint. We’d see them steal stuff in the town and go straight there to sell it. It eventually closed down as they sold some stolen bikes that the police told them not to sell.

When you upgrade your DVD to blu ray, what do you do with the DVD?

I have bought trays and put the DVD in with the blu ray, but when that's not an option e.g. TV show, so many discs, what do you do? Keep in storage? Sell it? Donate it?

When you upgrade your DVD to blu ray, what do you do with the DVD?

I have bought trays and put the DVD in with the blu ray, but when that's not an option e.g. TV show, so many discs, what do you do? Keep in storage? Sell it? Donate it?
Depends. Some I keep, mostly for sentimental reasons, other I give to friends in the hope they'll watch more anime (rarely happens).

Back