The Q & A Thread (for questions that do not need a thread)

Being in the US I often end up frankensteining the Blu-rays into the old DVD box set, because usually the DVD sets have much nicer packaging and art work than a standard release Blu-ray. We don't get nearly as many Collector's Edition box sets over here like AL puts out - so that's one reason I import so many UK CEs!

Last edited:
Does the Anime Ltd Set of The Heroic Legend of Arslan use the Universal Discs, the Funimation Discs or own discs?
In other words: Which audio & subtitle options are available?

Has anyone found out if StudioCanal is going to do a replacement program for the discs in the Nausicaa Collector's Edition digipak set that got a different Ghibli movie put on them? I just got an email from Amazon UK that they are refunding my money for the set because of the error, but I really wanted the replacement discs for this set instead. I wonder if they will re-release the set with fixed discs eventually, so I could at least re-buy the set.

Seems like they stopped releasing any new Ghibli CE digipak sets too, it's been quite a few months now since Spirited Away and Only Yesterday came out.

When you upgrade your DVD to blu ray, what do you do with the DVD?

I have bought trays and put the DVD in with the blu ray, but when that's not an option e.g. TV show, so many discs, what do you do? Keep in storage? Sell it? Donate it?
I used to give them to charity, but after having a bunch of discs die on me in recent years I've started storing the DVDs in these. The price on those folders fluctuates a lot. They were £14 when I bought them, but I've seen them for £25 sometimes.

They never answered my email. Will have to try again soon.
Did you tell Amazon or did they contact you?

Amazon just sent me an email out of the blue yesterday saying they were refunding me my payment to a gift card balance. I received that set back at the beginning of March.

Subject: Important Information About your Amazon.co.uk order

Hello.

We are reaching out regarding your Amazon.co.uk order for Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind Collector's Edition (Amazon Exclusive) [Blu-ray] [2022] , unfortunately the vendor has confirmed that defective copies of the DVD were sent. The wrong disc was contained inside the item.

As such we have refunded the cost of the item to your Gift Card Balance in Your Account. You can use this towards a future order on the Amazon.co.uk website. You can check your Gift Card balance at any time by going to "View Balance" in the "Gift Cards & Top Up" section of Your Account, or clicking the following link:

There is no obligation to return the original item.

We're sorry for the inconvenience caused and hope to see you again soon at Amazon.co.uk.

Regards,

Customer Service Department
Amazon.co.uk

The next Ghibli CE digipak, of course... it's been a few months, now, where are the next titles at? We only have 10 years before the Amazon gift balance expires, lol!

Last edited:
sounds like a dumb question to ask with an obvious answer but with up1 if a pre-order item page has " Normally delivered within 7 to 14 days" am i supposed to wait for them to get that stock to get an email about my pre-order or will they send me an email 14 days before to tell me the above?

sounds like a dumb question to ask with an obvious answer but with up1 if a pre-order item page has " Normally delivered within 7 to 14 days" am i supposed to wait for them to get that stock to get an email about my pre-order or will they send me an email 14 days before to tell me the above?
They will send you an email when it dispatches. It just means that it will take 7-14 days for it for the stock to arrive at their warehouse.

The US release of Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid S comes with a art card according to Crunchyroll's webstore, but it's not listed on Rightstuf's website. Does anyone know if it's exclusive to Crunchyroll's webstore or not.

I'm currently looking for some data sources to make me a lookup table for Anime releases tied to their EAN/UPC codes. (Just need that, title, BD/DVD, LE/CE indications if they aren't in the title.)
Stiivun's lovely list features UPC as well, so relevant Funi US releases are basically covered.
Are there maybe some other lists out there? (Chiefly looking for Sentai, Discothek and AL, Funi UK/Manga/Animatsu, MVM).

I'm currently looking for some data sources to make me a lookup table for Anime releases tied to their EAN/UPC codes. (Just need that, title, BD/DVD, LE/CE indications if they aren't in the title.)
Stiivun's lovely list features UPC as well, so relevant Funi US releases are basically covered.
Are there maybe some other lists out there? (Chiefly looking for Sentai, Discothek and AL, Funi UK/Manga/Animatsu, MVM).
blu-ray.com might be of use to you, might require an account as i don't actually know if you can see EAN/UPC stuff outside of the edit movie (yes it's movie on tv shows too) page option on every listing

blu-ray.com might be of use to you, might require an account as i don't actually know if you can see EAN/UPC stuff outside of the edit movie (yes it's movie on tv shows too) page option on every listing
blu-ray.com (same for anisearch) both are user UIs, neither has an API that would offer a query functionality of returning the title when sending the UPC/EAN.
I'm looking for either a public API that can do that (which books thankfully have, but anime unfortunately isn't as lucky) or some sort of parsable data source (spreadsheet, xml, etc.) which have the titles mapped to the UPC/EANs.
So far I only know of Stiivun's list that's public.

i'm making my way through Godzilla S.P at the minute and keep hearing a bit of the same soundtrack piece being used again and again, i've never really watched any godzilla movies, is it using something from those? it's a sorta tuba or trumpet sounding track

Back