The Q & A Thread (for questions that do not need a thread)

@Otomo Up1.co.uk is probably your best bet if you don't want to wait and see if it just drops in price, as I'm pretty sure it considered a recent ish release. (although still gonna take them some time to ship it over here (NOTE they re-ship from UK so no import fees)).
But partly guessing your seeing $80 for it at the moment is because alot of places are low or no stock (although only really checked right stuff)
UP1 looks like it will be about £45 ish as postage will bring it up to about £45

Redo of Healer is only $44.99 at Rightstuf right now (or $40.49 with the 10% Got Anime discount if you are a member), but I guess all your import fees and such would bring it up close to what you are seeing locally? It's also currently out of stock at Rightstuf, though. I picked up my copy during their Black Friday Sale for $34.19.

Redo of Healer price range in a nutshell:

SiteItem PriceShippingVATPrice
Amazon UK (via AmazonGlobal)Not in StockIncluded in Item PriceIncluded in Item PriceN/A
Rightstuf$44.99$30.77$9.36$85.12
[~£63.25]
United Publications£42.32£1.50Included in Item Price£43.82

Thanks all.
I remembered about up1 after posting.
Probably because I had only heard about them after joining here.
Just need to double check the UK playability before I hand over £40 plus.
Which I don't often do unless it's 25 episodes.

Denny's region B compaibilty thread has Redo healer down as geo-locked, so any console should work fine. Other normal Blu-ray player may work fine as well, but would need other titles that were geo-locked to confirm.
And sometimes it's not as easy to confirm it's region B over Geo-locked as some standard blu-ray player can also work with geo-locked titles and you would need to know you have a none geo-locked blu-ray player for confirmation (or some other way)

And sometimes it's not as easy to confirm it's region B over Geo-locked as some standard blu-ray player can also work with geo-locked titles and you would need to know you have a none geo-locked blu-ray player for confirmation (or some other way)
randomly reminded me i could watch the Bodacious Space Pirates movie in my samsung player, just tested Squidgirl and both seasons of Non Non Biyori, looks like i can play geolocked titles and they're not locked away from me at the minute while i get another region free player, i think it's a F-6500 if anyones interested and they generally pop up on facebook for 15-20 quid

Denny's region B compaibilty thread has Redo healer down as geo-locked, so any console should work fine. Other normal Blu-ray player may work fine as well, but would need other titles that were geo-locked to confirm.
I had a quick look last night but the only non funimation title I could find (so far) was Hinako Training, Sleeping and having a bath and it worked fine.
Then I realised it is from MaidenJapan. :rolleyes:

Maiden Japan shares some staff with Sentai, including Blu-ray authoring. So everything that applies to Sentai Blu-rays applies to MaidenJapans Discs as well

Maiden Japan shares some staff with Sentai, including Blu-ray authoring. So everything that applies to Sentai Blu-rays applies to MaidenJapans Discs as well
Yeah, have now read the thread properly!
I don't have many titles on the list mainly because most of the anime I want has been released in the UK.

I do have Momo Kyun Sword and My Girlfriend is a Shobitch and they worked.
The latter being a lucky purchase as it's got that scene cut by the BBFC.

With Danganronpa is it best to watch or play it?

And do you you need to start with the first Game/Anime?
I'd say definitely play it.

Danganronpa: The Animation (the anime adaptation of the first game) isn't very good at all. Too much story was jammed into 13 episodes and it just didn't work. It's all very rushed and flimsy.

2, V3 (the third game in the main series) and Ultra Despair Girls (a third-person shooter spinoff) haven't been animated, but references are made to them in the two Danganronpa 3 anime series (which are both good).

To get the full/best experience, I'd recommend playing all the games in release order (S/Ultimate Summer Camp is non-canon and not vital to play), then watching both of the Danganronpa 3 anime series (they won't make much sense without knowing what happened before).

There's a manga version of Danganronpa: The Animation available in English from Dark Horse, which is very good - that pretty much covers the first game faithfully if you don't feel like playing it. Manga adaptations of Ultra Despair Girls and 2 (two versions, from different points of view) are available too.

Danganronpa: The Animation (the anime adaptation of the first game) isn't very good at all. Too much story was jammed into 13 episodes and it just didn't work. It's all very rushed and flimsy.

2, V3 (the third game in the main series) and Ultra Despair Girls (a third-person shooter spinoff) haven't been animated, but references are made to them in the two Danganronpa 3 anime series (which are both good).

To get the full/best experience, I'd recommend playing all the games in release order (S/Ultimate Summer Camp is non-canon and not vital to play), then watching both of the Danganronpa 3 anime series (they won't make much sense without knowing what happened before).

There's a manga version of Danganronpa: The Animation available in English from Dark Horse, which is very good - that pretty much covers the first game faithfully if you don't feel like playing it. Manga adaptations of Ultra Despair Girls and 2 (two versions, from different points of view) are available too.
I'll second this. It was quite the experience to play the game after watching the anime. An extra cour would've been a massive improvement on pacing

Thank you for replying, I will have a look at the games :)

It looks like the Switch Ver. includes most of the games, excluding Ultra Despair Girls so unless they have managed to destroy the port then it might be my best option

Would you recommend the manga? I saw it recently in Forbidden Planet, with tons of volumes of the various series, but I'm a newcomer to the series.

Would you recommend the manga? I saw it recently in Forbidden Planet, with tons of volumes of the various series, but I'm a newcomer to the series.
Yep, I've really enjoyed the series I've read so far! (I've not got around to Ultra Despair Girls yet)

The manga version of The Animation (four volumes) is a lot better than the anime - the story and characters are given more room to breathe and it's much more satisfying.

The second game has two series available in English - Goodbye Despair and Ultimate Luck and Hope and Despair (three volumes each). They originally ran at the same time, so it doesn't really matter which one you read first (or you could alternate volumes or whatever).

Even if you've never played any of the games, I really think the manga is definitely worth checking out. None of them are dependent on you having any existing knowledge of the games, so anyone could pick them up and be able to work out what's going on. If you don't feel like investing 24+ hours into each game, the manga is a great way to experience the story!

Yep, I've really enjoyed the series I've read so far! (I've not got around to Ultra Despair Girls yet)

The manga version of The Animation (four volumes) is a lot better than the anime - the story and characters are given more room to breathe and it's much more satisfying.

The second game has two series available in English - Goodbye Despair and Ultimate Luck and Hope and Despair (three volumes each). They originally ran at the same time, so it doesn't really matter which one you read first (or you could alternate volumes or whatever).

Even if you've never played any of the games, I really think the manga is definitely worth checking out. None of them are dependent on you having any existing knowledge of the games, so anyone could pick them up and be able to work out what's going on. If you don't feel like investing 24+ hours into each game, the manga is a great way to experience the story!

I might give it a try then. It looked around skimming through it in the shop (art seemed alright, nothing seemed weird at a glance but I don't tend to take in story points when I skim them quickly, I'm just looking to see if anything seems off or weird like weird phrasing for plot stuff, or weird story points that don't click with me) so I'll see if I can find the first few chapters online somewhere. Normally you can find the first 2-3 chapters as previews for a series so that might be a good way to see how the story flows.
Thanks for the advice.

Back