The Q & A Thread (for questions that do not need a thread)

and lest we forget those ones with the cut-out holes to save plastic that make me shudder just thinking of them).

Honestly don't get me started on those they are the devil - things like DVDs and Blu-rays should have sturdy cases build to last as they are meant to be kept and preserved/archived, not flimsy ones designed to be disposable but just via recycling rather than throwing in the bin! I hate the idea of things being made to be thrown away like that when it's something that should be kept and taken care of :( Like I agree that recyclable packaging is better and ofc some things need to be thrown away, ideally via recycling routinely like food packaging, but people generally buy DVDs and Blu-rays intending to keep them or pass them on to someone else/sell them so why would you make the packaging less durable??? It's just them being all sneaky like and trying to pretend they are environmentally friendly while still increasing the chances their products will not last so you'll need to buy another one and it makes me so goddamn MAD! :<

Anyone know what's happened to AoTFS ep 14 on Crunchyroll? Seems it aired in Japan as there's plenty of discussion on the MAL forum, so not a break as what can happen.

Weird, no delay in Japan so why here? Anyway as you can tell I just got round to watching it, so another few days won't matter.
i saw that it aired 19 minutes of the episode and cut out at that point to go straight into some earthquake broadcast so there's like 3-4 minutes left of the episode

I randomly came across this upcoming collector's boxset of the manga of A Silent Voice and wondered if anyone happened to have any details as to how many volumes it is meant to be released in, any other photos and whether it's worth getting over the presumably cheaper current boxset (which I was planning to get):
1616111050755.png
I didn't see an upcoming manga type thread so thought to ask here.

Two hardcover books, 3.5 original volumes in each. It seems some new content is included.
Awesome, thanks. Think I'll be getting this if the whole manga is contained in two hardback volumes, assuming at that price each.

has anyone heard of/used the sites Rawckz or Charmingsushi? there's a nendo i've been tryng to get for a while and none of the listed UK partner shops on the goodsmile have it in stock but both of these do, figured i'd ask about them first before i wasted time ordering it only for it to be some cheap knock-off import despite the price being pretty much the same on these 2 sites and the partnered ones

has anyone heard of/used the sites Rawckz or Charmingsushi? there's a nendo i've been tryng to get for a while and none of the listed UK partner shops on the goodsmile have it in stock but both of these do, figured i'd ask about them first before i wasted time ordering it only for it to be some cheap knock-off import despite the price being pretty much the same on these 2 sites and the partnered ones
I've bought a load of things from Rawckz (online and at conventions) and never had any problems.

Though TBH, I've only ever got blind boxed stuff like badges and little figures (nothing as big/expensive as a Nendoroid), so I'm not sure how useful that information really is.

Does anyone have any recommendations for where to buy blu ray trays (and I suppose cases, but mainly trays)?

I'm going to put the DVDs of films I've upgraded to blu ray in with the blu ray.

I have bought from ebay before but it seems expensive. I did find these two sites but at these prices, it seems they would be of low quality and easy to break.

It really looks as though Toranoana is yet to list the bonus since it's a 連動特典 for both products. The Animate one is a lot more prominent since it's got that special edition but Tora doesn't seem to be talking about it at all even for their in-store Twitter accounts that I can see. From past experience getting in-store bonuses from Tora while physically in Japan, they're very disorganised. I remember I wanted the ACCA artbox from their store and it required personally convincing the clerk that it existed (and they only had one copy).

I'm in agreement about extras, especially with Amazon not allowing preorders from overseas at the moment because the window for obtaining some goods is ridiculously tight. Fairs usually have their own landing pages/banner on Animate's homepage from my experience but I don't follow this particular series :(

(Separately, the website is crazy but the guy who runs Otokichi Premium is exceptionally helpful for acquiring stubborn items so long as they don't have to be from specific locations - I've met him IRL - they are closed to overseas shipping at the moment but they can probably help get something to a forwarder if you're desperate.)

R
Trivia, the resolution for finding that other extra that was store exclusive basically got saved by the power of social media of sorts.

In turn, Toranohana wound up updating the extra yesterday............. and it went out of stock in the spade of less than half a day.
and for the extra it now says

【特典】描き下ろし4Pリーフレット(君には届かない。 4)​

● 概要該当の特典・フェア・キャンペーンは準備中もしくは終了しました。

which says it's either in preparation or already ended - But the volume hasn't even released yet....! (And it looks like a very generic message.) The entire listing is also only accessible via the direct link and doesn't show up in the search anymore.

So.... How does it usually go in such cases? Does it maybe get some stock back? Or have missed it for good from Toranoana itself by being a total idiot for waiting for the info to update (wanted to wait, since you have to add the extra separately to the cart so wasn't sure if I'd get it when it wasn't updated yet). ;__;
(Time Zones be so cursed. T_T)

From past experience getting in-store bonuses from Tora while physically in Japan, they're very disorganised. I remember I wanted the ACCA artbox from their store and it required personally convincing the clerk that it existed (and they only had one copy).

Oh wow, you were able to get a storage box for ACCA 13? Did you post pics of it on here anywhere? I love that series, and imported the three Japanese box sets, but I never saw a storage box for them. I know it's almost impossible to get the store exclusives like storage boxes if you don't live in Japan, unless you have some good connections there.

Oh wow, you were able to get a storage box for ACCA 13? Did you post pics of it on here anywhere? I love that series, and imported the three Japanese box sets, but I never saw a storage box for them. I know it's almost impossible to get the store exclusives like storage boxes if you don't live in Japan, unless you have some good connections there.
I have the storage box for ACCA 13, got it from CDJapan with the 3rd part and it was a first release bonus. Can't find images i took of it when i first got it but thanks to the internet i have found images of the pictures that are on the side.
ACCA 01.jpg
ACCA 02.jpg
ACCA 03.jpg

Ah, Ok, the artwork on that box is a bit... different. A sort of Caricature of the cast. Can't say I'd be overly interested in that box design, but congrats on getting it!

Back