The Q & A Thread (for questions that do not need a thread)

What sort of packaging do UP1/UP1 USA usually use when sending single Blu Ray releases? I imagine they send boxsets in cardboard boxes but was curious how a single title would be sent.
As a follow up to this how are bigger sets usually sent? I’m weighing up where to pre-order some upcoming Manga CEs from.

As a follow up to this how are bigger sets usually sent? I’m weighing up where to pre-order some upcoming Manga CEs from.

when I ordered NISA premiums they had super long, but thin boxes with bubble wrap.

when I ordered CCS Premium it was a deep box with loads of bubble wrap

Having recently backed the AnimEigo Megazone 23 project, I was wondering what people’s thoughts were on Gunsmith Cats & Riding Bean, both as animes and their respective Premium Editions, if applicable.

Having recently backed the AnimEigo Megazone 23 project, I was wondering what people’s thoughts were on Gunsmith Cats & Riding Bean, both as animes and their respective Premium Editions, if applicable.
I have the Gunsmith Cats one and it's really nice. The art book is pretty hefty. I also got the chibi key/phone straps add on which are very nice if still available.
16045977978621877812722207351876.jpg

Ah, Ken'ichi Sonoda, a topic guaranteed to give me a welcome break from real world concerns. I'm strongly biased as I love everything he's been involved with on the strength of his character designs alone, but Gunsmith Cats and Riding Bean, unlike some projects he has worked on, are both his original creations. While Bean especially differs from the Gunsmith Cats manga (due to predating it, whereas Gunsmith Cats OVAs were based on it. I probably love the manga even more than these animated sojourns but ymmv) if you enjoy the things Sonoda so obviously enjoys - guns, cars, girls and pretty fantastic action involving all three - Then I can't see you not enjoying these.

As for AnimEigo's KS editions, they're great. Not only do they pull out the stops to make quality physical copies (and optional extras, which is nice because not everybody wants those, though I'm unsure if said extras are still available) but they have a close working relationship with Sonoda himself, who produced new material specially to be included in them. That made them well worth the price of admission for me.

looking at pokemon dvd's on amazon.com and the ones above $15 are saying no import fee deposit, have they switched to the jan 1st thing already or is it broken?

looking at pokemon dvd's on amazon.com and the ones above $15 are saying no import fee deposit, have they switched to the jan 1st thing already or is it broken?
A little while ago they changed the way it's calculated. At check out, after choosing delivery and payment method, it adds on an import tax deposit.

Probably a silly question, but would there be any potential problems with importing the new US release of Paranoia Agent? I understand it was censored in the UK, so would there be any issues at customs importing the uncensored version?

Probably a silly question, but would there be any potential problems with importing the new US release of Paranoia Agent? I understand it was censored in the UK, so would there be any issues at customs importing the uncensored version?
Being cut by the BBFC doesn’t by itself make something illegal, so you’ll be fine. It’s only if something actually breaks UK law that it’s illegal to be in possession of and can get you in legal trouble for importing, and about the only thing that crosses that line in the anime/manga sphere is hardcore loli/shota hentai. Other than that, import to your heart’s content, the BBFC have absolutely no power to stop you.

Last edited:
Does any one know (or tried) if US funimation digital code work on UK funimation accounts?
Or does it require VPN's and a US account (or essentially a bit of hoop jumping to get working)

Hello Everyone!
I'm in the middle of sorting things that I want to sell, and I came across this My Neighbor Totoro Pencil. I got it in a mystery box last year and I have no idea how much it's worth because I can't find on Ebay (I might be searching wrong.

Can anyone help me?
pencil1.jpgpencil2.jpg

Who should I contact if someone is scamming in dm trying to sell anime with pictures taken from eBay? Contacted the real seller and he's not the one selling it on here.

Could anyone who has their copy of Cautious Hero: The Hero is Overpowered but Overly Cautious on Blu Ray let me know how the subtitles are? A screenshot would be great as well! Much appreciated in advance.

Last edited:
Could anyone who has their copy of Cautious Hero: The Hero is Overpowered but Overly Cautious on Blu Ray let me know how the subtitles are? A screenshot would be great as well! Much appreciated in advance.
They're white with a black stroke edge, I've taken some quick photos (excuse the low quality mobile phone image).
IMG_20201127_14381938322.jpg

Thank you very much for the response and screenshot!
If it helps, a lot of Funimation titles (especially ones from the past 5-6 years or so) are like that. There are few exceptions which are Yellow coloured instead (Ghost in the Shell: The New Movie and Gintama Season 3).

If it helps, a lot of Funimation titles (especially ones from the past 5-6 years or so) are like that. There are few exceptions which are Yellow coloured instead (Ghost in the Shell: The New Movie and Gintama Season 3).
Yes I thought to confirm it either way but yeah Funimation have indeed been using this font for a while now.

Back