The Q & A Thread (for questions that do not need a thread)

Amazon has been doing this for years - they always charged your local VAT if shipped international within EU.
However you might not have noticed it, as the difference was smaller before.

(Only non-EU Amazon work different if under import-VAT-free treshold)
I see. So I have to pay the 25% swedish "moms", thats why it increases 😶 Thank you for the reply

You might notice more increases from amazon.de as Germany currently has a corona reduced rate. Before it was 19%, which is very close to your 20% in the UK, but atm it's 16%. It's ending this year though.

I'm new to Funimations streaming service, but I've recenty started watching it on my ps4 with a free account. As far as I can tell, the current season and previous season's shows are ad free, and the 2 previous seasons shows I can also watch free but WITH ads. However, I've noticed that on the andoid app even the newest episodes all have ads, so I'm guessing the Ps4 app is just glitched? It did seem too good to be true.

When I watched without subscription on PS4 it would go to play an ad, but it wouldn't play one so it went back to the show. Good that you don't get an ad, but still annoying enough that I ended up signing up.

Anyone else having problems logging into Crunchyroll? Just like some weeks ago my password isn’t recognised when trying to login into their website. Beginning to wonder why the heck I sponsor these amateurs, as they can’t even get the most basic things correct 🤬😤

Anyone else having problems logging into Crunchyroll? Just like some weeks ago my password isn’t recognised when trying to login into their website. Beginning to wonder why the heck I sponsor these amateurs, as they can’t even get the most basic things correct 🤬😤
Sounds harsh. Every service has its problems. Give them time and it should be back to normal.

If your password wasn't recognised back then, did you perhaps file a support ticket? It could be that someone else changed your login details.

Sounds harsh. Every service has its problems. Give them time and it should be back to normal.
Well might sound harsh, and maybe I am. But then again CR has had issues similar like this for the past months. Also the app on Apple TV also logs you out after a day, something which was working for years with no issue whatsoever. CR should have better stick with ‘don’t fix what ain’t broken’

Well might sound harsh, and maybe I am. But then again CR has had issues similar like this for the past months. Also the app on Apple TV also logs you out after a day, something which was working for years with no issue whatsoever. CR should have better stick with ‘don’t fix what ain’t broken’
Still wouldn't call them amateurs. They're quick to resolve these issues and this kind of thing happens to lots of sites. I haven't used the Apple TV app but the PS4 app works great for me.

My CR password is fine, which is lucky since the desktop version logs me out all the time. On the bright side the constant need to log in again on PS4 seems to have disappeared (that was an annoying bug). If your password is coming up as incorrect I second the suggestion to contact support as I've never seen that before.

R

CR problem is solved now on the Apple TV. Seems they somehow transported the PS4 bug to the Apple TV where your session is expired every other day. Even removing the app and reinstalling didn’t help to solve it initially, but at least I’m able again to use the app. Hope the session expiration is a thing of the past now.

My bad 😆 Blu ray is what I meant.
It's possible but it may depend on if Manga is able to negotiate with Japan or Viz about it. Plus I think there's something on-going where Region B distributors can't just re-use the Region A discs due to the English Interview extras so for Manga if they want to release Naruto on Blu-ray, they'll need Madman's help.

My bad 😆 Blu ray is what I meant.
A few years back, when manga was still doing panels at comic con they said shows like Naruto and One Piece weren't made with the quality to make blu ray worth while. The crowd wasnt happy and basically they just couldnt be bothered.

Now they're owned by funi that might change but I won't hold my breath

I guess I just have to wait and see if it will happen sometime in the future 😃 One piece would also be awesome to have on blu ray. Thank you guys for the insight.

On the topic of Naruto on Blu Ray, copies of Set 1 have started arriving for folks in the US and despite stating 16:9 on the back of the sleeve, the episodes are apparently in their original 4:3 aspect ratio which is good news.

Edit: source of this news was found here, they provided a screenshot too. I plan to pick this up myself and can provide an update if/when I have a copy on hand just to make sure it is indeed 4:3.

Last edited:
What sort of packaging do UP1/UP1 USA usually use when sending single Blu Ray releases? I imagine they send boxsets in cardboard boxes but was curious how a single title would be sent.

Back