The Q & A Thread (for questions that do not need a thread)

This one isn't about an anime in particular but more about watching it- how many episodes do you guys tend to watch in a day or sitting? my job is draining and I swear my attention span has been impacted from tiredness because I used to be able to happily spend a day binging something enjoyably but nowadays it's much easier to be too tired or get distracted. Help...

I find I have moods when it comes to watching anime. Sometimes I can binge 15+ episodes in a day and sometimes I can only manage 1 or 2. I like to take breaks, switch it up, take my time. There have been times where I've gone months without watching anything.
I would say don't force yourself to watch something if you're not in the mood to. There's no quota on what you should be watching daily. You might find yourself in the mood to binge again later down the line. That's what happens with me anyway.

Well I'm on my last shift for the week now, I can happily binge at least a one cour series (12/13 eps) before I really feel the need to do something else, mostly tired coming off a shift though so its like 1 or 2 eps of one series or nothing

I have found that lesser attention span actually makes it easier to weed out the bad and average stuff - If something is genuinely good and aligns with your taste, it will make you get awake. (The medium all being about manipulating your attention after all.)
Just good Iyashikei may actually work a bit too well in that state.

Last edited:
How much I watch day to day tends to vary depending on the season, but I think on average I watch 3 episodes every weekday evening. Weekends I spread my watching out a bit between afternoon/evening, so it tends to be 3-5 episodes a day. I think it's easier to keep watching anime if I'm rotating through series because there is more to keep my mind interested as opposed to it being the same cast/setting.

I get bored of watching anime quite quickly, so I don't tend to binge series unless I'm reviewing them for the site. For the purpose of reviewing it's easier to binge watch a show because I'm more likely to remember all the important details and we're usually working to tight time constraints. If it's not for the site I just get itchy to do something else unless I'm watching something I utterly adore.

I think for me it comes down to the fact I'm more of a book person than an anime person, too. I mean don't get me wrong, I love anime, but books are on a whole other level and I'm always eager to continue reading something or other so don't like burning all my free time for an evening on anime.

For me, it entirely comes down to the show, and how good it is. Some anime just lend themselves to binge watches more than others. For a recent example, a couple of months ago I watched both season of Kaiji, an excellent show based around gambling, which I ironically found to be incredibly addictive to watch. I blew through the 52 total episodes in around 10 days. Compare this to the anime I watched after it, Arslan Season 2, which took me 4 days to watch 8 episodes, or Assassination Classroom Season 2 before it, which took me a staggering 25 days to watch 25 episodes.

You don't want to force yourself to watch more than you want, I feel it's an easy way to put yourself off. I used to hold myself to watching 5 episodes of anime a day, no matter what, and it really did kill my interest for a little while, as it made it like a chore, and that's the last thing you want with your hobby.

Well, if it's a completed series I might end up binge-watching 6-10 episodes in a sitting... but if it's just the weekly simulcasts it's more likely to be 2-3 in a sitting. Both from the point of view of enjoyment and because I tend to break down my free time into various different things.

That said, all that goes out the window if it's something I'm absolutely in love with. "Just one more episode..." :p

Thank you for everyone's replies! these are really helpful and interesting!

There's so many animes I want to complete that I put on hold, that I'd like to pick back up, and then there's new season stuff too, so I think I'll treat it as what I like it to be best: a treat! and not feel bad if I'm dead from work because when I've got a day off, it's something to look forward to more so! That being said I do love when something perks me up even if I'm tired enough to end up wanting just another episode...

Thank you for everyone's replies! these are really helpful and interesting!

There's so many animes I want to complete that I put on hold, that I'd like to pick back up, and then there's new season stuff too, so I think I'll treat it as what I like it to be best: a treat! and not feel bad if I'm dead from work because when I've got a day off, it's something to look forward to more so! That being said I do love when something perks me up even if I'm tired enough to end up wanting just another episode...
There is actually a cheat for that, which I frequently use: Playback accelerating. For bad animation it sometimes even looks a bit better that way and for some badly paced things it makes it more tolerable. Pretty useful for half-interesting things.

There is actually a cheat for that, which I frequently use: Playback accelerating. For bad animation it sometimes even looks a bit better that way and for some badly paced things it makes it more tolerable. Pretty useful for half-interesting things.

Surely that makes the subs hard to read though?

I would say impossible to read as they are timed to match the speaking so if half the time.
If you accelerate playback you're accelerating everything along with it, so the subs get accelerated as well and still match. Depending on the density of the dialogue you just have to be able to read a bit faster.

Surely that makes the subs hard to read though?
Depends on the show I'd say. A Tatami Galaxy or Occultic;Nine is definitely not the best candidate for that, but there are enough shows which don't really have dense dialogue in the first place. Or trope-rich/easy dialogue you kind of can guess,
Also changing playback speed is dynamic, if it goes too fast it's just a click to get it slower again.

Why bother watching something if your not willing to give it your attention.
Because something may still be interesting as a whole but have parts that are just not too great? Happens in a lot of shows, you have one episode with some brilliant episode director or content and the next one not so, but you might still need to know about the content for later.

(Or you have a record of some lecture and the lecturer just has this terrible slow voice. Which in 8 of 10 cases they tend to have. I'd rather watch something twice accelerated and use the repeat factor to stimulate my memory than watching it once in almost the same time just because of insisting on 1x playback speed.)

But again, this is more of half-interesting things or in case of lectures compulsory things. If something is genuinely well made and resonates, it's going to catch your attention in exactly the original speed anyway.

Last edited:
This one isn't about an anime in particular but more about watching it- how many episodes do you guys tend to watch in a day or sitting? my job is draining and I swear my attention span has been impacted from tiredness because I used to be able to happily spend a day binging something enjoyably but nowadays it's much easier to be too tired or get distracted. Help...
That's an interesting question. For me, it depends on tiredness and if I have an active Crunchyroll subscription. If I do have CR, then I usually watch 1 or 2 episodes are lunchtime, and then 2-3 just before I go to bed. If I don't have CR, and just going through my Blu-Rays and erm... other means of watching anime that is inaccessible, I usually only watch 2 episodes a day.

And like many others here, I watch 2-3 shows at the same time, so i don't get bored by the same plot/characters etc, espically if I'm watching lots of Slice-of-Life.

But never force yourself. If you have to force yourself, you either should stop watching the current anime (I usally give series a least 2 episodes before making my mind up) or totally give anime a break, so you don't suffer from Anime burnout. Hope that helps :)

So uh, I'm not good with the whole anime discs being region-locked thing due to not really collecting discs due to lack of space, but I've got a question...

I have an American friend who's interested in the '97 adaptation of Berserk. Far as I can tell, there's a 2017 MVM release (here), region B/2. Would this work on an American PS4? As far as I can tell from a quick bit of Googlefu the answer to whether or not region-locked blu-rays will work in these situations is "it depends on the blu-ray" which is helpful :p if anyone has a definite yes/no it'd be greatly appreciated.

So uh, I'm not good with the whole anime discs being region-locked thing due to not really collecting discs due to lack of space, but I've got a question...

I have an American friend who's interested in the '97 adaptation of Berserk. Far as I can tell, there's a 2017 MVM release (here), region B/2. Would this work on an American PS4? As far as I can tell from a quick bit of Googlefu the answer to whether or not region-locked blu-rays will work in these situations is "it depends on the blu-ray" which is helpful :p if anyone has a definite yes/no it'd be greatly appreciated.
MVM discs are region locked, so no. To be exact, Berserk 97 is definitely region locked, some folks who imported through Amazon complained it wouldn't work on their player because of it.

Can somebody tell me, how MVM's Girlish Number looks on the inside? Just a white reverse sleeve like sentais or does it have some artwork?

Back