The Q & A Thread (for questions that do not need a thread)

S1 part 1 is currently £10.21 on Amazon - at that price, it might be worth picking it up to see what you think.

If you don’t like it, you could probably get a few quid back on trade in (but hopefully you like it!)

S1 part 1 is currently £10.21 on Amazon - at that price, it might be worth picking it up to see what you think.

If you don’t like it, you could probably get a few quid back on trade in (but hopefully you like it!)

Thanks, Aaron, for the suggestion. And thanks, Grav, for the info. I'm in no rush at the moment to get the series, but I just wanted to know for future reference should I plan on getting them (I really should've phrased my question better about giving in to Kaze's releases, so my apologies if I misled any of you in any way).

I know that the Japanese BD set (which is not English friendly) has included the OVAs, which weren't included on the Japanese singles due to it being bundled with various issues of the Nisekoi manga, so who knows if AoA will include them should they release a complete collection.

So I've mentioned before I sell the DVDs that come with dual feature sets. Do you guys see any benefit in keeping them? - I'm currently thinking of whether or not to sell the remaining ones that I've got. I can almost sell them for half of what I payed for the set, so is it worth it to keep them? - I've never used a single of the DVDs. But my brother said it would be the equivalent of selling the BDs of a 4K release.

If you've got Funimation's Lucky Star, then sell the Blu-rays and keep the DVDs, cos the Blu-ray transfer is worse.

A decent amount of people here seem to have quite their collection of gifs and screenshots or fanart or meme images etc. And most of those people seem to be able to draw those images out lightening fast, when the occasion presents itself.
How do you organize those images? Are you just having a whole huge bunch of folders? Are you going for tagged images? (I tried that, seems to work out for Jpg files and their ITPC metadata, but PNGs' XMP doesn't seem to show up realiable always and gifs seem to be their own thing yet again.) Or do you paste everything onto your own webserver with a private danbooru or the like on it?

Just a thought, but could there not be a specific thread for release-related questions? Would save all the threads with single or very few replies that have been popping up recently.
I think release-related questions probably belong in the many company specific threads over in the Industry section. I can’t say I’ve noticed a lot of new or unnecessary threads, AUKN is about as close to dead as it’s ever been, other than the viewing journal and pictures of what people bought today threads, personally I welcome any attempt to discuss anything.

A decent amount of people here seem to have quite their collection of gifs and screenshots or fanart or meme images etc. And most of those people seem to be able to draw those images out lightening fast, when the occasion presents itself.
How do you organize those images? Are you just having a whole huge bunch of folders? Are you going for tagged images? (I tried that, seems to work out for Jpg files and their ITPC metadata, but PNGs' XMP doesn't seem to show up realiable always and gifs seem to be their own thing yet again.) Or do you paste everything onto your own webserver with a private danbooru or the like on it?
“New Folder (2)” inside “New Folder (4)” filed under “May 2017” inside the folder “Old E Drive” on the new F Drive.

I don't have any Gifs to hand. I just Google search for the one I want when I think of one, apart from the few I made myself which I have either deleted or are somewhere on my phone.

they just collate on my phone from various message boards and Facebook meme pages.

Over on the discord, about 99.9% of the gifs/screenshots/memes tends to come from me (ironically I managed to convince people to watch various titles like Amanchu!, Grand Blue Dreaming, Harukana Receive, How Not to Summon a Demon Lord and A Place Further Than The Universe because of it).

The way I tackle screenshots is a simple 'print screen' via the laptop. Those screenshots are automatically saved through OneDrive so I can screencap as many as I want without wasting too much time. I turn off the subtitles on Crunchyroll for the best reaction faces. As for the gifs I actually just find them online since I find them to be pretty complex to create.

As for storage, I move the screencaps into a folder under that anime's name. Makes it easier to remember. For online viewing I either post them on Twitter, Discord, Imgur or PostImage.

I use ye olde meme generators, google is your friend, your all encompassing, overstepping, tin foil hat warning friend, and half the time I’m just using a screen cap from claymore I call “cringey Helen”

9B218333-82D8-4222-8C8B-F892CD101CF1.png

Don't know where to post this, but I'd like to show of my custom covers for some anime, that I'm currently doing. Question is, where do I post them? - here or do I create a thread for it?

Mostly because I'd like feedback on what I can do better.
The Creative Arena is probably the best slot for any custom-made or fan-made content from my perspective.

Does anyone else dislike the Amazon video subs on TV's? Literally unreadable at times, and I refuse to use the ugly black box ones.

I dont get why its so hard for these huge companies to put thicker outlines on the subtitles or at least give us the option. 😣

Im sure they're fine for most shows, but trying to watch something bright like Boarding School Juliet is impossible.

Tried the black box ones a little and they're not as bad as i first thought, readable at least.

Tried the black box ones a little and they're not as bad as i first thought, readable at least.
I've got it set to white with the black box, but with a bit of transparency. The thing that really doesn't work is when there's text on screen and someone speaking at the same time, because the translation appears in the same place and thus you get a millisecond to read it before the translation has to move on. Netflix does the same.
HiDive is OK as they place translation next to text, but they just use the same colour and orientation as the normal subs which can look weird. Crunchyroll as usual comes out on top with no only using the same colour as the Japanese text (if coloured), but the same orientation a lot of the time.

I have no problem with the look of the subtitles but does anyone else use the Prime Video PS4 app and have issues with the pop-up at the end which tries to entice you to watch the first episode of something else? It disables the subtitles while it's on screen which means any after-credit scenes are ruined and I cannot for the life of me work out how to get rid of it. Live translating the post credit content in Wotakoi for my partner was great and all but since the subtitles exist it would be nice if they worked properly...

R

I have no problem with the look of the subtitles but does anyone else use the Prime Video PS4 app and have issues with the pop-up at the end which tries to entice you to watch the first episode of something else?
While I don't use the PS4 app, the Prime Video app on my LG tv also shows a panel ("play next episode") at the start of the credits. Likewise it won't display any subtitles when that panel is visible, making any post credit scene (or next times/previews for that matter) quite hard to follow.

For the longest time I though there was nothing I could do, but at one point I figured out all I had to press was the "Back" button on my remote. Under any other circumstance it would instantly quite the playing video, but if the panel is visible it would simply dismiss it, making subtitles visible again. So maybe something similar will work here?

Back