The Q & A Thread (for questions that do not need a thread)

I have not, wasn’t a massive tenth Doctor fan to be honest though I do like Tennant as an actor/VA (Scrooge McDuck anyone?). More of a Classic Who fan in general. I still haven’t really watched any of Roosterteeth’s work outside of a few episodes of RWBY which I dropped because I didn’t care for it.

From what I’ve seen of Whittaker it seems like they tried to write a second Tennant type and it just hasn’t worked. Capaldi is easily my favourite NuWho doctor but he was bogged down with one of the worst companions and showrunners Who has had.

Clara? Oh yeah.
I love bill though I really like S10 for some reason probably Cos it’s critically the worst newWho season. And John Simm’s master needs to return with no pre release publicity next time

Bill and Nardole were honestly amongst the best companions NuWho has had, a shame they were stuck with Moffat’s aimless and retcon-filled storytelling. Companions should stay dead, not dues-ex’d back by water beings.

I thought this was a First Members exclusive show?

I assume it'll be handled just like RWBY - First members just get one week early access to the episodes when they release - then all episodes are available to the general public one week after their release. In the case of Gen:Lock, The first two episodes were released together on the same day, with Episode 1 being free to the public right off the bat; the second episode should be available to the public this coming Saturday, with the third episode available to First members that day.

I assume it'll be handled just like RWBY - First members just get one week early access to the episodes when they release - then all episodes are available to the general public one week after their release. In the case of Gen:Lock, The first two episodes were released together on the same day, with Episode 1 being free to the public right off the bat; the second episode should be available to the public this coming Saturday, with the third episode available to First members that day.
Hmm I don't think that's the case this time. Gray's Post
Gray's wording makes it sound like all episodes baring the first are only available to First Members. I wont be checking it out anyway. I'm not a particularly big fan of RT and I'm only keeping up to date with RWBY because of Yang haha.

So, any of you big Doctor Who fans check out the new Roosterteeth animated mecha series Gen:Lock yet? David Tennent voices the Professor in the series. The first episode is available to the general public on Roosterteeth's website, and Episode 2 is available to First Members a week early. I am not a mecha fan, but even so, after watching the first two episodes, I'd say this series really rocks so far - the animation, the music, the story, the suspense... Pretty awesome. I understand there will be 6 episodes for this season.

I was a little tempted by the voice talent they attracted, but if Rwby is anything to go by, the quality of the writing and animation will be so atrocious it won't even be worth watching.

Yeah, Ok, looks like it is First Member exclusive except for Episode 1. Oh well. It friggin blows RWBY out of the water, so I will continue watching it. I've pretty much dropped RWBY this Season, as I didn't care for the second half of the season at all.

gen:LOCK OP

gen:LOCK Trailer

Last edited:
Do I need knowledge of the original series/movies to be able to watch Cardcaptor Sakura: Clear Card? I say watch, what I mean is buy and put on a shelf for months 🙂

Do I need knowledge of the original series/movies to be able to watch Cardcaptor Sakura: Clear Card? I say watch, what I mean is buy and put on a shelf for months 🙂
It’s a sequel so yes that’s very likely. I’m just holding off until the OG series is licensed for the UK either physically or via streaming. I’ve resisted sailing the seven seas so far and AL may have it (hopefully)

I had no problem watching it Clear Card, but then again, I had read the CCS manga from my local library. And really, it's not the most plot heavy show. What you really need to know about the characters is given in the prequel OVA episode on the first disc.

Back