The Q & A Thread (for questions that do not need a thread)

thedoctor2016 said:
I want to rewatch madoka magica, should i rewatch the show or the recap films?

They're nigh on the same but the show is longer and is the full experience as the movies have some scenes cut out. Depends what you're looking for, a bit of a faster recap to prep for Rebellion or to actually fully experience the show again. Both are amazing so its up to you.

Movies are the same as the Aniplex release, series are less than Aniplex releases in file size so will probably mean lower bitrate and more change on banding and such, depending on how the encode was done.

thedoctor2016 said:
How is the PQ for madoka lower quality on the manga release, than Aniplexs?
Whilst I can't comment on the actual quality since I've never watched the set, the Madman/Manga release is encoded at 10-12mbps in comparison to the standard ~38mbps encode Aniplex supplies. Based on that alone I'm interested in picking up the Aniplex discs one day (or even the Italian one which is supposedly better that the Japanese release.)

Netflix was gracious enough to give me another free trail in my emails today which was brilliant timing seeing as Jessica Jones just came out. Anyway, I was browsing the Anime section and noticed the Kotoura-San is available for streaming. Who has the rights to this show? I had no idea anyone had picked up the rights to this show in the UK, streaming or otherwise. It's a good show I have fond memories of so I'd really like a physical release at some point.

IncendiaryLemon said:
Netflix was gracious enough to give me another free trail in my emails today which was brilliant timing seeing as Jessica Jones just came out. Anyway, I was browsing the Anime section and noticed the Kotoura-San is available for streaming. Who has the rights to this show? I had no idea anyone had picked up the rights to this show in the UK, streaming or otherwise. It's a good show I have fond memories of so I'd really like a physical release at some point.

I would argue that the Japanese licensor added them (as Arpeggio of Blue Steel and My Little Monster were added at the same time) but NIS America have the rights for Kotoura-san and My Little Monster and released them not long after while Arpeggio is a Crunchyroll/Discotek license (with Blu-ray/DVD combo scheduled for 2016).

IncendiaryLemon said:
Ordered something for the first time from Amazon US yesterday. Just shipped today and it's giving me an ETA of two weeks from now. I did opt for the cheapest shipping option, but is there any chance it would get here sooner or are their dates fairly accurate?

Cheapest from the US used to be a lot slower than that quoting up to six weeks at one point in time.

You're not wrong, they always send one item in a not-so-protective-enveloppe. At least that's my experience since a long time if i made an order containing several items.

Can someone confirm to me that this is the LE version of the first Persona 3 movie.

I'm sure I asked this before but I wanna make sure as I don't think returning it would be an option should I buy the wrong one.

Back