The Q & A Thread (for questions that do not need a thread)

So I've decided I should hurry and grab Akito the exiled part 4 for Amazon.co.jp but notice it has pretty mixed reviews. Is there something wrong with the release itself or are people upset about something that happened in the show or what? I've yet to see it, or any of the other parts for that matter, so I dunno.

This is the version I'm looking at.

The negative reviews are all about the show itself and not the release, par for the course with Amazon Japan reviews hah. The release itself seems to be fine.

I haven't seen the show myself but do keep in mind that a lot of the reactions that you get in these types of reviews, especially from the Japanese fans are a lot more emotionally invested. Its less that this show is bad or good but more along the lines of "This character fell in love with this girl, I hate this girl, 2 out of 5 because the animation was good."

Ordered something for the first time from Amazon US yesterday. Just shipped today and it's giving me an ETA of two weeks from now. I did opt for the cheapest shipping option, but is there any chance it would get here sooner or are their dates fairly accurate?

IncendiaryLemon said:
Ordered something for the first time from Amazon US yesterday. Just shipped today and it's giving me an ETA of two weeks from now. I did opt for the cheapest shipping option, but is there any chance it would get here sooner or are their dates fairly accurate?

I'd say they're accurate, the usual time frame around 2-4 weeks for the cheapest option. Don't expect them to be fast like Amazon.ca and Amazon.jp.

DragonBlaze67 said:
IncendiaryLemon said:

I'd say they're accurate, the usual time frame around 2-4 weeks for the cheapest option. Don't expect them to be fast like Amazon.ca and Amazon.jp.

I see, fair enough. I wasn't expecting JP Amazon speed, although that would be nice. I normally get their packages in less than a week.

IncendiaryLemon said:
DragonBlaze67 said:
IncendiaryLemon said:

I see, fair enough. I wasn't expecting JP Amazon speed, although that would be nice. I normally get their packages in less than a week.

I always go for the cheap Amazon Global option and they generally take at least 10 days.

qaiz said:
The negative reviews are all about the show itself and not the release, par for the course with Amazon Japan reviews hah. The release itself seems to be fine.
Eh, stuff gets slammed on Amazon JP for being too expensive or having some specific defect or being released in a certain way often enough. In this case though, you are right that a lot of people just don't seem to like this episode (with some valid-sounding reasoning behind it, too).

Does the Manga release of PMMM have a chipboard slipcase or just a card one? My copy didn't come with a slipcase and that means I have to keep it separate from the movies, so I kind of want one but I'm going to see if I can just buy the slipcase off of someone on eBay. Was just wondering how much it would be worth...

IncendiaryLemon said:
Does the Manga release of PMMM have a chipboard slipcase or just a card one? My copy didn't come with a slipcase and that means I have to keep it separate from the movies, so I kind of want one but I'm going to see if I can just buy the slipcase off of someone on eBay. Was just wondering how much it would be worth...

Only Beginnings/Eternal got the chipboard treatment (I think it's the only one in the Blu-ray era to get one...). Main series and Rebellion are cardboard.

britguy said:
They're available on youtube.....not officially uploaded by Sunrise though, even though Wiki says it was licensed in US by them :hmm:

I believe their distribution agreements with RightStuf and Anime Limited make Sunrise the licensor for the entirety of Gundam in both the UK & the US (except Rec G, which is a more traditional licence in the UK), so that's probably where that came from. Their YouTube seems mostly aimed at the Korean and Asian audience, so it is a bit scattershot about what goes up and what doesn't.

Its a comedy show with 13 3 mins episodes I doubt gundam san will ever be released no matter what I thought. ( Gave it a 10). But it hasn't got a home medium release in JP so here is next to impossible.

So what has folks service been like when using rakuten? I ordered 2 copies of 009 re:cyborg and they sent me the wrong items. After sending them an email (still no repose from them) they sent out 1 copy of the item I bought... Rather dissatisfied here.

Back