The oldest system you have played?

Churchy99

Adventurer
I want to see how many old school gamers exist among us or those who were too young for some systems but explored them anyway! Just tell us what is the oldest system (not necessarily console!) you either own or have played on?

For me its the ZX spectrum (cant remember which model except it had a built in tape deck) which I still have but I might go and dust it off and see the hideous loading screen!

Good old Commodor 64 for me... now that is going back. Hours of loading screens and cassettes! God bless DVDs! Although the commodor gets respect. 8)

Never played the commodore 64 although I did have Amiga!! Im only 18 but the only reason I played on them is because my brother whose 9 years older than me had them too!!

Yeah, they were basicly the same too. Was it an Amiga cassette loader? I still have mine in working condition. Mite be worth a bit in the future.

I didn't know there was such a thing as an amiga cassette loader - if it was my mistake I meant that I had a ZX Spectrum with a tape deck built-in (which I still have!) and I had a Commodre Amiga 500,600 and 1200

Ah well.... Some propper old school in that list Churchy. I was straight onto Nintendo after the 64. I had a lot of different consoles as I grew up. Suppose it's one of the ups of having divorced parents from a young age(not that i'm suggesting that's a good thing).

My first gaming was on an Atari, but I can't the exact name. There's a whole list of consoles here.

My first computer was a ZX Spectrum +

And my second was a +2 (The one with the in-built tape deck)

Since then Mega Drive, PS1, 2, and 3.

Oldest systems woulf have to be:
Amiga 500
Spectrum
Commodor C64

Consoles:
Sega Master System
Sega Megadrive (still in attic)
Nes (still in attic)

Oldest owned -> Original ZX Spectrum (16k RAM version, not the 48K!) which still lives in a box in my room.

Oldest played -> ZX81, possibly the BBC Micro - not sure which is older?

The scary thing is, I'm not even old.

had a spectrum and Amega 500+

but had an even older one which name escapes me

it had pong on it, and 2 paddle controllers which looked like ur were about to give someone 500 jolts to restart their heart ^^

Probably one of these Spectrum's or Amiga's.

It was orange with metal I think. The controller was a rectangle with a stick that came out that you could twist around.

It played Pong, and only pong.

After that it would be the Master System. =P

Jayme said:
Probably one of these Spectrum's or Amiga's.

It was orange with metal I think. The controller was a rectangle with a stick that came out that you could twist around.

It played Pong, and only pong.

After that it would be the Master System. =P

sounds similar, but the version i had played pong, tennis, and football (tecnically the same game but with different bats ^^)

probably the oldest i've got or played, is the NES and game gear. still have both too, in working condition. man did the game gear eat batteries, 6 at a time and they only lasted a couple of hours.

Ryo Chan said:

it had pong on it, and 2 paddle controllers which looked like ur were about to give someone 500 jolts to restart their heart ^^

Amiga 500+ spoilt kid...... we could only get the 500 model lol

McIcy said:
Ryo Chan said:

Amiga 500+ spoilt kid...... we could only get the 500 model lol

2nd hand and bout 3 years after it's prime tbf ^^

I think the oldest console i played on would have to be a toss up between the Atari 2600 or the Amstrad (i still have a red case for the latter with about 20+ games in..When the games used to come on Cassettes, some famous games in that collection as well)

I also have a game and watch that i picked up from a car boot sale once kicking around here somewhere

Ryo Chan said:

That wouldn't be the Magnavox Odyesse (or something like that) would it?

BlackWolf said:
Ryo Chan said:

That wouldn't be the Magnavox Odyesse (or something like that) would it?

nay it wasn't that

the closet i can find to it is
800px-Atari2600a.JPG
but with the 2 paddles instead of a controller, i shall have to look for it this weekend when i bring my chrimbo lights down

Classic! My friend had one of those. Only played Pong like somone said previously. It's amazing how far we've come in such a short space of time. It's quite mind boggling.

Back