The Nintendo Switch Thread

still not good enough for me.

Telling me now that I have to wait a undisclosed amount of time to get a playable game after they released it just isn't good enough.

JP Switch Backers got given digital steam codes because their copies are delayed. Why can't other switch backers get this.

De ided I'd already spent enough money on the Kickstarter So I bit the bullet and played it. The inconsistent, choppy framerate is the biggest bother to me and I hope that's their priority. Maybe I'll get a PS4 version if it goes on dale or comes to PS Plus. Or who knows? if we get the rumoured 'Switch Pro' them maybe then they'll figure out how to bring it up to parity.

Also, we have American dub actors trying their best with British accents. Not their fault really, seeing as anime rarely calls for it. Pity they didn't try getting the teams who do the Xenoblade and Dragon Quest games.

Always thought Fire Emblem was ripe for a spin-off like an action RPG or something.

It would be like SEGA's 'Shining' series but in reverse in terms of genre.

Hope they also take away from this that its worth spending money on voice acting.

Nintendo Direct 4th September 2019:
  • Overwatch: 15th October
  • Luigi's Mansion 3: 31st October
  • Super Kirby Clash: Today (free to start), 4 player multiplayer local and online
  • Trials of Mana remake: 24th April 2020
  • Return of the Obra Dinn: Autumn 2019
  • Little Town Hero: 16th October from Game Freak, music composed by Toby Fox
  • Super Smash Bros Ultimate: Banjo & Kazooie Challenger Pack available Today, Terry Bogart of Fatal Fury is Challenger Pack 4 due November 2019, Challenger Pack 5 will not be the last one as more will be coming in 2020.
  • The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening remake: 20th September
  • Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age Definitive Edition: 27th September, Free DLC in Champion's pack, Free demo today
  • Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Encore: 17th January 2020, remastered from the Wii U era
  • Deadly Premonition 2: A Blessing in Disguise: 2020
  • Deadly Premonition Origins: Available Today
  • Divinity: Original Sin II: Definitive Edition: Available Today
  • DOOM 64: 22nd November
  • Rogue Company: 2020
  • Pokemon Sword and Shield: 15th November
  • Nintendo Switch Online: Super Nintendo Entertainment System Online games now joining the service with rewind option. 20 games will launch on 6th September. SNES controllers also coming, USB cables can recharge them. $29.99 USD exclusively for Nintendo Switch Online members.
  • Tetris 99: Version 2.0, Available tomorrow.
  • Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020: 5th November
  • DAEMON X MACHINA: Prologue Demo available for download today, save data progress will carry over, full game supports online play. Game out 13th September
  • Star Wars: Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast: 24th September
  • The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Complete Edition: 15th October
  • Assassin's Creed: Rebel Collection: covers Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag & Assassin's Creed: Rogue
  • Dauntless
  • Just Dance 2020: 5th November
  • GRID Autosport: 19th September
  • Farming Simulator 20: 3rd December
  • Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch: 20th September
  • NBA 2K20: 6th September
  • Call of Cthulhu: 8th October
  • The Outer Worlds
  • Devil May Cry 2: 19th September
  • Vampyr: 29th October
  • Animal Crossing: New Horizons: 20th March 2020
  • Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition: 2020, remastered from the Wii & New 3DS era

I’ve never played Deadly Premonition so I may have to download that when I have some time, Link’s Awakening is already on pre-order.

Mini update on Super Smash Bros Ultimate:
  • Home Run Contest returns, this will be the final game mode add-on.
  • More customisable Mii fighters:
    • Mystical Ninja Goemon
    • Proto Man from Mega Man
    • Zero from Mega Man X
    • Team Rocket from Pokemon
    • Sans from UNDERTALE

I've been waiting for Tokyo Mirage Sessions to come to the switch since it came out! All 15 people that bought a Wii U have said it was one of the best RPGs ever made.

Tokyo Mirage Sessions is amazing, it's one of the only Wii U games I wanted to see given a second chance. It also seemed the most unlikely because it didn't sell all that well (even in Japan, because players wanted P5 at that point and not a fluffy Persona), so I'm chuffed to see it beat the odds and make its way to Switch.

Otherwise a pretty good Direct, although it was quiet on new titles for me. Looking forward to Luigi's Mansion, Pokémon and Animal Crossing but not sure I needed to see more of the first two. Little Town Hero sounds great, but gonna wait on reviews for it as the battle system looks... odd.

Please dub Tokyo Mirage Sessions this time. No one believed your excuse for wanting 'authenticity' last time. Especially after they dubbed something like Sushi Striker.

I'm considering maybe trying Overwatch because of Gyro controls though its lack of Game Card its frustrating, Activision pretending its strapped for cash again.

Jim Sterling's fangasm to the Deadly Premonition announcements is worth a watch.

Anyone picking up the revised Switch tomorrow? I'm considering it as GameStop are giving you €300 trade for the old model against it leaving €30 to pay. Worth it for a new 2 year warranty alone.

I'm planing on picking up the Pokémon edition in November! I don't really dock my current Switch and the huge weight difference was enough for me to decide that it's going to be a much better portable machine.

I hace to say, they did their researchon us by making Curry a favourite dish in Galar, though tge approach they're taking is way more Japanese ih nature, we mostly throw in any old Indian spice and call it a day.

Tokyo Mirage Sessions is amazing, it's one of the only Wii U games I wanted to see given a second chance. It also seemed the most unlikely because it didn't sell all that well (even in Japan, because players wanted P5 at that point and not a fluffy Persona), so I'm chuffed to see it beat the odds and make its way to Switch.

Otherwise a pretty good Direct, although it was quiet on new titles for me. Looking forward to Luigi's Mansion, Pokémon and Animal Crossing but not sure I needed to see more of the first two. Little Town Hero sounds great, but gonna wait on reviews for it as the battle system looks... odd.
From everything I've read about Tokyo Mirage Sessions I'm hoping they leave it uncensored this time and include all the DLC!! 🤞

From my perspective, I reckon one of the main reasons it didn't sell was that fans were hoping it would be using classic Shin Megami Tensei style with the Fire Emblem style at the time (before Awakening was a thing). And what we got was an idol themed group in high school with Fire Emblem characters, which is pretty much the opposite in tone to what the fans had hoped. I don't mind it, but others do and I suspect it's for that reason why the sales weren't strong to begin with. I'm glad the game is being given a second chance as I am curious to check it out, despite the localisation changes being made to it which I don't expect will be amended at all as it seems the JP version is also getting them (by the looks of the PVs used in the director).

On the plus side, Shin Megami Tensei V is still on its way and that'll make up for the lack of classic SMT for consoles.

Back