The Nintendo Switch Thread

Anyone use headphones on their Switch when it's docked? I know they added support for USB headphones at some point but whether one works seems to be pretty hit or miss, so I'm looking for suggestions. I know the Sony Gold wireless set for the PS4 works so that's probably gonna be what I fall back on (maybe the Plats but I doubt the 7.1 would work on Switch) if I can't find anything else.

Also looking for a decent carry case as I have a flight soon and I think I'll take it with me this time as when I traveled for my mates wedding last year I decided to leave it at home and my god did I regret it lol.
I use the headphone jack on my Switch quite a lot. I just plug them into my usual 3.5mm-capable headphones, rather than trying anything fancy with USB. As for the carry case, I have one of these for everyday use, and this messenger bag for when I need to transport the dock and extra controllers to cons and the like. :)

I use the headphone jack on my Switch quite a lot. I just plug them into my usual 3.5mm-capable headphones, rather than trying anything fancy with USB. As for the carry case, I have one of these for everyday use, and this messenger bag for when I need to transport the dock and extra controllers to cons and the like. :)
I have a similar carry case, though I use mine to keep the console from gathering dust when not in use.

I use the headphone jack on my Switch quite a lot. I just plug them into my usual 3.5mm-capable headphones, rather than trying anything fancy with USB.

See my concern with that is accidentally pulling the cable and causing my switch to fall or get scratched by the dock so I was ideally looking for a wireless solution, that said a 2.5ish meter 3.5mm extension would be substantially cheaper and I could just use one of my many pairs of headphones. I guess I could also look into doing it via the TV rather than the Switch itself too, can't be that complicated.

As for the carry case, I have one of these for everyday use, and this messenger bag for when I need to transport the dock and extra controllers to cons and the like. :)
That looks ideal, not too expensive either as it's really only gonna leave the house when I have a flight or something, and sadly that's not nearly often enough >_>

Cheers.

See my concern with that is accidentally pulling the cable and causing my switch to fall or get scratched by the dock so I was ideally looking for a wireless solution, that said a 2.5ish meter 3.5mm extension would be substantially cheaper and I could just use one of my many pairs of headphones. I guess I could also look into doing it via the TV rather than the Switch itself too, can't be that complicated.
The extension cable should be fine, yeah. If not, most TVs have a headphone jack now – if you're mostly playing it docked, a long cable plugged directly into the TV would probably be the best option.

Gave it a watch, I can not bloody wait for Octopath Traveler and it's coming a lot sooner than I thought it would. I've never been the biggest fan of SMASH but I'll still buy it (I think a lot of my issues with it is the fact very few of my friends own Nintendo stuff so don't have many people to play it with, goes for a lot of games on Switch actually). I won't be buying Dark Souls on the on Switch either but that's because I'll be getting it on PS4, portable Dark Souls does nothing for me so I'd rather play 4k60 on the Pro, that said I kinda want the amiibo...

Gave it a watch, I can not bloody wait for Octopath Traveler and it's coming a lot sooner than I thought it would. I've never been the biggest fan of SMASH but I'll still buy it (I think a lot of my issues with it is the fact very few of my friends own Nintendo stuff so don't have many people to play it with, goes for a lot of games on Switch actually). I won't be buying Dark Souls on the on Switch either but that's because I'll be getting it on PS4, portable Dark Souls does nothing for me so I'd rather play 4k60 on the Pro, that said I kinda want the amiibo...
Yeah Dark Souls I'll get on PS4 eventually. That LE of Octopath Traveller is very tempting, and as for Smash I don't really care that much, fighting games have never really been my thing outside of the Warriors franchise (Hyrule Warriors will be mine at some point.) it's good for fans though.

Luigi's Mansion for 3DS seems like a waste imo, why not just put it on the Switch?

Yeah Dark Souls I'll get on PS4 eventually. That LE of Octopath Traveller is very tempting, and as for Smash I don't really care that much, fighting games have never really been my thing outside of the Warriors franchise (Hyrule Warriors will be mine at some point)

Luigi's Mansion for 3DS seems like a waste imo, why not just put it on the Switch?
I'm really into fighting games, like I buy most of them but SMASH has just never really done it for me.

Oh yeah, super excited for Hyrule Warriors too, forgot about that (did buy it on Wii U but never played it).

I'm really into fighting games, like I buy most of them but SMASH has just never really done it for me.

Oh yeah, super excited for Hyrule Warriors too, forgot about that (did buy it on Wii U but never played it).
It was fun, but I haven't touched it since I finished back in 2014 and would love to replay it with the improvements and additional characters

Really happy with the Splatoon 2 news, my favourite Splatoon 1 stage is coming back <3 Also definitely planning buying the SP DLC as more story and playable Octolings. I love the Smash Bros reveal, it did fool me. I did notice underneath one of the other games about the paid online service coming September 2018 so I wonder if that is when it will happen Happy to see Captain Toad get another chance, never got round to buying the Wii U version but I will get the Switch version instead.

With the 3DS news, I'm so happy Luigi's Mansion is getting a remake, I have always wanted to play it as it looks so fun. I got Bowser's Inside Story for the DS which I haven't played yet, but I'm happy to see it receive the remake treatment too.

Splatoon 2 expansion story mode is an instant yes, So there is an easy pick-up for me. I knew it was Smash though when i saw the inklings at the end. They've been teased for months as potential smash characters, and a good way to tease the return. It's gotta be Smash 5 though i'd assume, BotW Link is there so it feels like an easy guess, plus Sakurai said he's working on it too, so there we go. I didn't see much on the Direct i didn't want to be honest, most was an easy option for me, also Dat Dark Souls Amiibo. PRAISE THE SUN.

3DS - Luigis mansion, Bowsers Inside story are easy options for pick-ups. Luigis mansion is a little surprising to see on 3DS, but i guess it feels like the obvious choice all things considered, so a good chance to play that again then pick up 2 before i forget.

So I now own a switch my first Nintendo console ever. Early thoughts on what's good and bad
Good
Great concept which works great as a mobile or TV console
Nintendo produced games are high quality
The combined joycon controller is much better than I thought it would be
console itself is also well priced
Offers a different gaming experience to the PlayStation 4

Bad
Nintendo online shop is woefully basic
Lack of apps is still an issue such as Netflix, Crunchyroll etc
Accessories are an absolute rip off and games are more expensive
Adding / removing the joycon grip is a bit of a pain

So got my copy of Bloodstained on the Switch

My fcking god this is awful (not gameplay but visuals)

The textures are so compressed, and muddy its a joke. The lighting feels like they just removed instead of replacing with anything so maps are really dark, and there is noticable input delay.

This is a really really poor port, and 505 games should be really ******* ashamed especially with how the glowing the reviews are for PS4/PC

Here is a closeup of the MC during a dialogue segment
1561381775476.png

And the Switch had run better looking games that still run at 60fps. I mean look at Mortal Kombat 11. Downgraded yes, but its a AAA budget fighter and its running at 60fps. Heck we just got the Witcher 3 announced but this is the best a 2.5D throwback can do?

And tbey closed the survey before we could change platforms. Still have mine sealed atm. Could sell and get another copy but going to wait and see right now. Might keep the slipcase as a memento.

Still no DLC code either.

I'm honestly really disappointed. If they could just improve the textures a bit, and maybe reduce the input lag I'll be fine, but its super super distracting in dialogue sequences when you get characters like this

(Switch Left, PC Right)
1561384852869.png

I've spotted banding, and JPEG artifacts in the textures for some characters. This is just poor. Textures have barely any impact on performance outside of storage, load times (not really a problem on flash memory), and RAM. I highly doubt slightly better textures would of been any performance cost to the game unless the game is just THAT unoptimised.

I'm honestly really disappointed. If they could just improve the textures a bit, and maybe reduce the input lag I'll be fine, but its super super distracting in dialogue sequences when you get characters like this

(Switch Left, PC Right)
View attachment 9150

I've spotted banding, and JPEG artifacts in the textures for some characters. This is just poor. Textures have barely any impact on performance outside of storage, load times (not really a problem on flash memory), and RAM. I highly doubt slightly better textures would of been any performance cost to the game unless the game is just THAT unoptimised.

And they cclaimed it was to retain visual quality as the reason it was 30fps. Is it at Update 1.02? Don't know if that's up yet?

And they cclaimed it was to retain visual quality as the reason it was 30fps. Is it at Update 1.02? Don't know if that's up yet?
Update 1.02 from what I heard is purely just a patch to rebalance some items, and fix a progression bug with saves pre-1.02.

There's an angry reddit thread building up.

Ideally I'd like sone guarantees of Improvement and/or a code for another platform while we wair for such fixes.

Back