The Nintendo Switch Thread

Really happy that Kelp Dome is back, my favourite stage in the first Splatoon. I love the mystery weapon selection on Salmon Run last Saturday, hopefully it will happen again.

DQxBj4R.jpg

i don't use a holder

I got the new sony headphones, the new noise cancelling ones if anyone knows what those are. My brother had an eye on them too, but once he had the money his family wanted him to spend it on a switch
Who made the better purchase? I am aware of what people will likely say since this is a switch discussion

I honestly have no idea who to side with in the Splatfest. On one hand I agree with Pearl but on the other I don't want to have mainly mirror matches like I did when I picked ketchup.

Anyone else picked up Fire Emblem Warriors? Just got my copy today and can't wait to dive in after how good Hyrule Warriors was. :)

Got my copy in the post today, went with the limited edition as Fire Emblem is one of my favourite series and I love musou games. Going to dive in properly tomorrow as I have more time :)

I think I'm going to order a Nintendo switch soon, I plan on getting Zelda and Mario Kart 8 is there any other games or accessories that you would recommend getting?

I highly recommend Splatoon 2, it's a really fun game and the multiplayer modes are awesome. Mario Odyssey comes out next week which looks really fun. Accessory wise I recommend the Pro Controller. It's really comfortable to hold and the battery life is amazing.

I think I'm going to order a Nintendo switch soon, I plan on getting Zelda and Mario Kart 8 is there any other games or accessories that you would recommend getting?

Agreed that Splatoon 2 is a lot of fun and Super Mario Odyssey looks excellent too. The pro controller is a little pricey but it's really nice to play with- not essential but nice to have :)

I've had my switch for a few days now and I'm very glad I bought it. I've play Mario Kart deluxe and Mario Odyssey so far, really enjoying them. Once I have finished Mario Odyssey I think I will start Legend of Zelda.

I've moved a lot of my titles to order from the switch recently and i honestly think it's the best idea for me so far. Sure i know it's still a home console at heart, but the portability is superb. I think the only game i've really played docked so far is Zelda, the rest i've played via portability. The main games i feel that should probably be docked so far are Nights of Azure 2, since there is some frame rate issues when in portable mode, and mario odyssey, purely for the fact the controls seem more designed for it docked, but you can still do a lot of the motions otherwise.
So far, i have in my switch library(Bold are completed)
Super Mario Odyssey
Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
ARMS
Golf Story
Splatoon 2

Wonderboy
Mario Kart 8: Deluxe
Nights of Azure 2
Puyo Puyo Tetris
Sonic Mania

And i still have Xenoblade 2 on the way, temptation to pick up Skyrim and DOOM, as well as some other indies on there too. it really is a good piece of kit

@Arbalest If you're looking for a good indie game, especially a cheap one, maybe have a look at Catquest. There is a demo for it on the PS4 which I played and really enjoyed, but I think it makes for a perfect game to have on the Switch and play handheld so I'm going to pick it up there eventually. :)

On a slightly different topic - Has anyone been playing in the ARMS party crash yesterday or today?

The new update for Splatoon 2 looks amazing. Can't wait to try out the new superstore stage, and I'm happy the Arowana Mall stage from the first game is coming back.

Got my switch on launch and im loving it :3 i got

- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
- Splatoon 2
- Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle
- Rayman Legends
- Pokken Tournament DX
- Monster Hunter XX
- Super Mario Odyssey
- Fire Emblem Warriors
- Sonic Forces

Got a number of digital games too

- Axiom Verge
- Stardew Valley
- Shantae 1/2 Genie Hero
- Sonic Mania
- I Am Setsuna
- Shovel Knight
- Fast Racing RMX

Got my friend code here if anyone’s interested in adding me

SW-8106-4974-9888

Last edited:
I've been playing Super Mario Odyssey. It was worth buying a Switch just for this and BOTW. Looking forward to eventually getting Bayonetta 1+2 as well.

Anyone use headphones on their Switch when it's docked? I know they added support for USB headphones at some point but whether one works seems to be pretty hit or miss, so I'm looking for suggestions. I know the Sony Gold wireless set for the PS4 works so that's probably gonna be what I fall back on (maybe the Plats but I doubt the 7.1 would work on Switch) if I can't find anything else.

Also looking for a decent carry case as I have a flight soon and I think I'll take it with me this time as when I traveled for my mates wedding last year I decided to leave it at home and my god did I regret it lol.

Back