The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

Kowloon Generic Romance anime announcement supposedly coming soon, one of my fav manga at the moment so hopefully the staff is good!
One of my favourites too - I've seen rumours about the studio and staff but waiting for the official announcement. If it's the same team as for After the Rain, this would be in good hands - my only concern is that Jun Mayuzuki has not yet finished the manga and there are surely some very big reveals still to come!

Is this news? Don't keep up with it as much as I used to. Macross Plus Movie Edition in cinemas from the 21st.
I was certain I saw listings for this at my local Vue (which was good news because £4.99 tickets) but they seem to have disappeared now. Odd, although it would be just my luck if they’ve decided not to bother showing it here.

That music always gives me goosebumps.

Gotta love Yuki Kajiura soundtracks! She is my most favorite composer of anime music - her music style just fits right in with the type of music I like to listen to. Her music is one of the reasons that Noir became my favorite anime of all time; Noir was my first exposure to her sound, and I immediately fell in love with it in the first episode! I also love watching all of the Fiction Junction concert videos on YouTube, so I can see her perform live with the girls. I always thought she is very attractive as well (she was born in 1965 so is only 4 years younger than me), and I would marry her in a heartbeat if I had the chance, so I could forever be immersed in her music with her - I would even help with her composing, lol! 🥰

Last edited:
I've been meaning to read City and adore the Nichijou anime so this is a fantastic announcement.

And Dragon Maid is my third favourite KyoAni series so super excited for the movie as well.
Should definitely read the City manga, I think it was even better than Nichijou. Despite also being a gag manga it has better explored story and character arcs throughout

Today I found out that they've made a live theatre adaptation of Bobobo-Bo Bo-Bobo, which some folks might remember (and guess from my profile pic) is my favourite anime of all time. I cannot imagine how this could possibly work as a live show, but I'm very excited to find out.

Sadly tickets are all sold out - and in any case, the live run starts two days AFTER I leave Japan, which is just typical luck.

I notice that it's also possible to buy a ticket on Rakuten to stream it. I have no idea how this system works. Has anyone used it before? If you have, I would be extremely extremely grateful for any help and advice. Link here: 舞台『超ハジケステージ☆ボボボーボ・ボーボボ』 | ライブ配信(LIVE)| 楽天TV

Screen Shot 2024-09-27 at 09.58.29.jpg

Today I found out that they've made a live theatre adaptation of Bobobo-Bo Bo-Bobo, which some folks might remember (and guess from my profile pic) is my favourite anime of all time. I cannot imagine how this could possibly work as a live show, but I'm very excited to find out.

Sadly tickets are all sold out - and in any case, the live run starts two days AFTER I leave Japan, which is just typical luck.

I notice that it's also possible to buy a ticket on Rakuten to stream it. I have no idea how this system works. Has anyone used it before? If you have, I would be extremely extremely grateful for any help and advice. Link here: 舞台『超ハジケステージ☆ボボボーボ・ボーボボ』 | ライブ配信(LIVE)| 楽天TV

View attachment 36059

feels excited on your behalf :)

I found tickets available for 'You're Next' the MHA film at Vue cinemas today. Ours in Swindon is only £4.99 a ticket at the moment because they have only just bought the cinema from Empire so getting in as many films as I can before the prices go up! They're only doing three showings though, 17-19 October

Back