The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

For quite a few people (elsewhere and probably here), growing up with Pokémon from that era meant that when you think of those characters (Misty and Jessie), you think of Rachaels' interpretations of those characters. Not to mention a lot of the archival pokemon in other series and stuff (Goldeen and Jigglypuff for example) are from her work.

Just one thing, people have spoken about how private Rachael was, and 1 part of that appears to be is that the her assumed date of birth is incorrect, but even then, early to mid 50s is too soon. RIP.

Anime ended up crossing into my other line of work: comedy.

I'm currently at the Edinburgh Fringe where among my jobs, I'm a judge in a series of alternative comedy awards called the Malcolm Hardee Awards. Among the shows that have made our shortlist is a show all about Pokemon, which is up for the award for Comic Originality - where he is up against among other people a man reciting pi to 10,000 places, and someone eating a kilo of cheese at around 2am.

Welcome to Netflix prison.
View attachment 35654
I have a feeling that either definition of "Netflix Prison" used here is wrong. Viz appears to have some involvement, so it may appear on Blu-ray later (they did recently pick up merchandising rights for the series more generally, adding to that feeling). Plus, all indicators suggest it will be weekly, sub and dub.

Unless of course you just mean it's on Netflix and not Crunchyroll, but well, cant help there, not that it's a big deal (to me, anyway)

Last edited:
I have a feeling that either definition of "Netflix Prison" used here is wrong. Viz appears to have some involvement, so it may appear on Blu-ray later (they did recently pick merchandising rights for the series more generally, adding to that feeling). Plus, all indicators suggest it will be weekly, sub and dub.

Unless of course you just mean it's on Netflix and not Crunchyroll, but well, cant help there, not that it's a big deal (to me, anyway)
Netflix prison for any physical collector's, yeah it may get a blu ray eventually but wouldn't bet against Netflix having atleast 2 - 3 year exclusivity deal.

japanese release of Macross: Do You Remember Love? 4K UHD + BD has English subtitles listed, 4K scan from 35mm negatives, original mono and 5.1 sound mixes. January 29th.

This official website confirms English subs for both the 4K UHD and Blu-ray discs, though the press release and some other official pages only show Japanese subs on the Blu-ray.
超時空要塞マクロス 愛・おぼえていますか 4Kリマスターセット (4K ULTRA HD Blu-ray & Blu-ray Disc)【特装限定版】特集ページ

But all information claims the Blu-ray is in 4:3 aspect ratio. Surely this can't be correct? It makes no sense for this movie, for which I can find no evidence that it was animated at 4:3 unlike something like Project A-ko.
  • UHD BD:約120分(本編約116分+特典:4分)+BD:約120分(本編約116分+特典:4分)
  • UHD BD:DTS-HD Master Audio(5.1ch)・リニアPCM(サラウンド)・リニアPCM(モノラル)/HEVC/100G/16:9<2160p UltraHigh Definition>/日本語・英語字幕付(ON・OFF可能)
  • BD: DTS-HD Master Audio(5.1ch)・リニアPCM(サラウンド)・リニアPCM(モノラル)/AVC/50G/4:3<1080p High Definition>/日本語・英語字幕付(ON・OFF可能)
This is important for me as I'd like to get this, but the 4K disc is worthless to me so I would need the Blu-ray to be in the proper 16:9 or the set is not worth it for me. Is there a way to determine if it's really 4:3 or if it's just a mistake in the listing?

Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World-" Season 3 - New Trailer Revealed!

The anime will be a split cour. The "Attack Arc" is scheduled for October 2, and the "Counterattack Arc" on February 5, 2025.

ED Theme: NOX LUX by MYTH & ROID

Couldn't find a Manga news thread so here we are 👀

Back