The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

The Boy and the Heron is now available to order on 4K and Bluray from the usual places...

HMV have an exclusive 4K edition which looks somewhat similar to the digipak / limited edition releases of previous Ghibli films.

Though it's not letting me order it and keeps saying error with payment so don't know what is up with that, maybe I need to use PayPal instead, though then payment would be taken immediately instead of at dispatch.

Last edited:
HMV have an exclusive 4K edition which looks somewhat similar to the digipak / limited edition releases of previous Ghibli films.

Though it's not letting me order it and keeps saying error with payment so don't know what is up with that, maybe I need to use PayPal instead, though then payment would be taken immediately instead of at dispatch.

This is the one I just pre-ordered on HMV - it looks the similar to the Studio Canal releases of previous Ghibli films + the alternative cover and art cards for the same price as the regular edition are nice.

I hope you managed to sort it out!

This is the one I just pre-ordered on HMV - it looks the similar to the Studio Canal releases of previous Ghibli films + the alternative cover and art cards for the same price as the regular edition are nice.

I hope you managed to sort it out!

Had to use PayPal in the end, no idea what was going on as it worked fine when I pre-ordered the Knuckles steelbook last week.

New Ranma 1/2 remake trailer:

Unfortunately the trailer basically confirms that they've removed all nudity from this remake, you can see various scenes in the trailer which had nudity in the original, but now have none in the remake.

New Ranma 1/2 remake trailer:

Unfortunately the trailer basically confirms that they've removed all nudity from this remake, you can see various scenes in the trailer which had nudity in the original, but now have none in the remake.
the nudity is not sexal rama1/2 is a comedy not hentai. Why remake it anyway when the original exist.

Last edited:
Looks like Godzilla Minus One -Color is going up on Netflix on August 1st.
View attachment 35004
I'll be interested to see this. Went to see it twice in the cinema and have watched it about 3 or 4 times since it was on Netflix. This has to be one of the best films I've ever seen in my life.
Very loud in the cinema though! Jeepers when Godzilla powers up in made the building shake šŸ¤£

Looks like Daft Punks Interstella 5555 is getting a new release according to a recent rating on the BBFC website.

Hopefully it will get a 4K release to show off those designs by Leiji Matsumoto.

Back