The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

Manga is the subject of a front-page feature piece in today's Guardian.

View attachment 26776
Tbh, this article provokes rather too many thoughts. I'm glad to see some media attention paid to manga in a positive way - but it's again (as usual) down to high sales figures since the pandemic of the best-known titles. Oh, and One Piece Film: Red opening on the 4th. I'd like to have seen the author and artist for The Promised Neverland credited too: Kaiu Shirai and Posuka Demiku.

For what it's worth, it'd be nice to see the Guardian follow through and commit to reviewing a manga title a month, maybe, as they now review a graphic novel a month.

Manga is the subject of a front-page feature piece in today's Guardian.

View attachment 26776
And here is The Guardian's review of the new One Piece film.

Most likely old news but was news to me (as most things are) but the Black Clover film is a Netflix Exclusive (?) 🤷‍♂️ I'm sure others will have more insight than me!

20221109_215905.jpg

I reckon it's actually a show about a shadowy agency that offers state-of-the-art, high-performance bionic assassins for hire. Its full title will be The Marginal Service: Humanoid Muscle Cluster.

It's either that or it's about a bespoke home-cleaning service. Mm-hm.

Last edited:
Kevin Conroy, Voice of Batman, Dead at 66

Kevin Conroy, who voiced Batman in multiple shows over the years, has died. He was 66.

Conroy’s death was announced by Diane Pershing, the voice of the DC character Poison Ivy, and confirmed by publicist Gary Miereanu, who said the actor had died Thursday (Nov. 10) after a “short battle with cancer.”

I did not know were to this so put it hear.

Kevin Conroy, who voiced Batman in multiple shows over the years, has died. He was 66.

Conroy’s death was announced by Diane Pershing, the voice of the DC character Poison Ivy, and confirmed by publicist Gary Miereanu, who said the actor had died Thursday (Nov. 10) after a “short battle with cancer.”

Sad times, will always be the best Batman 😔

That is really sad may he rest in peace - I really enjoyed his VA work as Batman in Batman: The Animated Series and various other DC animated TV series and films such as Justice League/JLU :(
❤️

Oh nooooo. That one hits close :(

Back