The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

Well, it's been confirmed, the new series of Bleach will air on disney+, and what's more I just checked, the original series of Bleach has been removed from crunchyroll, it's just gone.

So they're remaking the Bartender anime? What was wrong with the original anime? I haven't had the chance to watch my copy of the Anime Limited CE yet, but it sounds good. If it is an episodic series, then they should be making some new episodes for it, not remaking it.

Last edited:

We do live in the best timeline sometimes, and going back in time to the 60's with Lupin Zero.

A prequel to Lupin the Third, showing Lupin in his early years, after getting a taste of what went on in his early years in Part 6, real neat we're seeing it proper and only got to wait until December, I'm very excited!

Manga is the subject of a front-page feature piece in today's Guardian.

View attachment 26776
Thanks for sharing that. A really good read for once in a large newspaper that wasn't condescending or ill informed. I have to say I wasn't aware of how large the numbers had increased for manga! Good stuff.

Manga is the subject of a front-page feature piece in today's Guardian.

View attachment 26776
That was pretty well researched for a mainstream piece, and it was unusual to see violent titles mentioned without any negative connotations or allusions to old controversies. Nice to see a shout out for an autobiography like My Lesbian Experience with Loneliness alongside the shonen staples. It was also interesting to see manga translated as a more tonally neutral "whimsical pictures" rather than the more common "irresponsible pictures".

Back