The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

For anybody who liked the Miyazaki documentary series on NHK World they have a new one up with Urasawa Naoki interviewing another creator about how they create their manga.
It's about 50mins with full English sub & voice over.

Cyberpunk: Edgerunners | Official NSFW Trailer | Netflix​

Don’t watch this at work. Don’t go Cyberpsycho. See you September 13.

ABOUT CYBERPUNK: EDGERUNNERS
The series tells a standalone, 10-episode story about a street kid trying to survive in Night City — a technology and body modification-obsessed city of the future. Having everything to lose, he stays alive by becoming an edgerunner — a mercenary outlaw also known as a cyberpunk.

Cyberpunk: Edgerunners | Official NSFW Trailer | Netflix​

Don’t watch this at work. Don’t go Cyberpsycho. See you September 13.

ABOUT CYBERPUNK: EDGERUNNERS
The series tells a standalone, 10-episode story about a street kid trying to survive in Night City — a technology and body modification-obsessed city of the future. Having everything to lose, he stays alive by becoming an edgerunner — a mercenary outlaw also known as a cyberpunk.

Looks like the kind of blood-and-boobs cyberpunk anime that fell out of fashion after the 90s. Proceed.

Also, since it's Trigger, inevitably the twist will be: 👽 aliens 👽.

That is true, but why would anyone get manga from them when it's still the censored version? Besides they still have the atrocious monetisation method and only limited time access to chapters purchased. There's literally no reason for anyone to use their store.
Yeah, the service isn't great between the agressive micro transactions, the censorship and splitting longer chapters into segments it's a mess. Comparing that to Shonen Jump or Azuki with their monthly subscriptions makes it even worse.

Yeah, the service isn't great between the agressive micro transactions, the censorship and splitting longer chapters into segments it's a mess. Comparing that to Shonen Jump or Azuki with their monthly subscriptions makes it even worse.
Someone posted an example of the changes on Twitter, it's even more disappointing than I was expecting. They're gone as far as to shade over images as 'explicit' as a camel toe visible though underwear. They've just done a grey scale gradient fill over the entire area. If they're censoring something that isn't even actual nudity that heavily they really haven't changed at all.

Someone posted an example of the changes on Twitter, it's even more disappointing than I was expecting. They're gone as far as to shade over images as 'explicit' as a camel toe visible though underwear. They've just done a grey scale gradient fill over the entire area. If they're censoring something that isn't even actual nudity that heavily they really haven't changed at all.

Speaking as a woman and a feminist I find the censoring of women's bodies in this way problematic if I'm honest. In other words it's not just... IDK... dudes who read hentai manga or w/e, who have a problem with this (I'm not even trying to say I think hentai manga is bad I just mean that certain assumptions are made about who does or doesn't take issue with manga censorship of this type).

Back