The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

Given that the reception to the last game seemed kind of medium, I'm a little bemused to see them doing a Shenmue anime now (perhaps the deal was already done before the game came out, as with Trigger's Cyberpunk 2077 series), but it looks very promising - I'm pleasantly surprised.

hell freezes over, Lucifer and Biscuit Hammer finally gets an anime

My body is ready (as is my supply of vintage memes that no-one references anymore) :p Correct me if I'm wrong but Planet With was based on/written by Satoshi Mizukami as well right? Need to see that one too. In all honesty I have never actually read Lucifer and Biscuit Hammer but I'm still really psyched for this cuz I've heard so many good things about the manga 😅

My body is ready (as is my supply of vintage memes that no-one references anymore) :p Correct me if I'm wrong but Planet With was based on/written by Satoshi Mizukami as well right? Need to see that one too. In all honesty I have never actually read Lucifer and Biscuit Hammer but I'm still really psyched for this cuz I've heard so many good things about the manga 😅

yes he wrote Planet With! I have all the L&BH manga volumes, most of which are very pricey these days, so now I'm starting to have those awful "maybe I should sell these before they get reprinted" thoughts.

Fingers crossed it'll be showing in my area, have had no screenings for Sing a Bit of Harmony or Belle unfortunately but MHA Movie 3, DBS Broly, SAO and Demon Slayer showed so JJK0 has a good chance I think.

Seven Seas have announced another new imprint: Steamship, "dedicated to sexy romance for women, with manga in the genres of shojo, josei, Teens' Love, and beyond."

Four titles have been announced: josei romance "Ladies on Top" (out in September), office romance "GAME: Between the Suits" (August), isekai "I'll Never Be Your Crown Princess!" (July), and reverse harem isekai "Outbride: Beauty and the Beasts" (June).

I was going to buy Anti-Magic Academy.
Sure it's release date was end of January.

It's listed as March.
Am I going mad or is it delayed?

RIP Sunrise, long live Bandai Namco Film Works.

The studio is to be merged with Bandai Namco Rights Marketing, the home video division of Bandai Namco Arts, to form Bandai Namco Film Works on April 1st.

Sunrise Music will also be integrated into Bandai Namco Live Creative, the music division of Bandai Namco Arts and rebranded as Bandai Namco Music Live on the same day.

No anime nominated in the Oscars again.
No surprise there. The category is pretty much designed to keep animated films out of the best picture category and is essentially a free oscar for Disney, they've won the oscar 15 times out of 20 between Pixar, Disney and the Disney distributed Spirited Away.

Including all the language awards Attack on Titan (4), Jujutsu Kaisen (6) and Demon Slayer (7) all pick up most of the awards, surprise, surprise! At least ODD TAXI got 2 award for Director and Odokawa as Best Protagonist.

6 awards, mainly for the genres that those 3 don't fit in went elsewhere including the only language one not to go to one of those 3, the English VA award for SK8 the Infinity.

Of the ones I voted for Score, Film, Protag, Fight and Romance were the only ones that won, but 3 of those were for the popular series.

My mini poll for AotY went to ODD TAXI with 5 out of the 11 votes.

Back