The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

Was expecting Yuki Watanabe as director considering his heavy involvement with the trailers over the past two years. With both Watanabe and Masataka Nishikawa's connections as former TRIGGER staff I wouldn't be surprised if they outsource an episode or two. Wouldn't be the first time both studios have helped each other out.

Also very interesting that they've specified that this is Season 1. Given how lacking the earlier episodes are, the possibility of a second season already being greenlit and covering later episodes is reassuring.

Dates are live on the official site.
Here's my local dates. Seems like there's more than just the one showing this time round unlike most previous AL films:
View attachment 22658
Probably won't get to see it myself unless I change shift at work. It's only on in the Vue way outside Dublin city centre, and on top of that unless the current covid restrictions are lifted the screening will need to have finished prior to 8pm, hence the work hours problem.

Got an email saying that Anime Ltd's release of the Cardcaptor Sakura Collector's Edition has been pushed back to 28th March.

"In this particular case, we know a lot of you are excited about owning the series with its brand-new transfer, and as we're still working on completing and checking the authoring of this release to ensure video, audio and subtitles are as good as they can be, we want to allow additional time to ensure the best possible viewing experience.

We sincerely apologise for this delay, but we're sure you can appreciate our desire to take the time needed to ensure the quality of this important release, and rest assured your order for this item will be shipped as soon as humanly possible once stock arrives at our warehouse."

Fate/Grand Order Final Singularity Grand Temple of Time: Solomon........ Did that come out of a random title generator?
If you thought that was bad there's also a manga in the franchise called Fate/Grand Order: Epic of Remnant - Pseudo-Singularity III: The Stage of Carnage, Shimousa - Seven Duels of Swordmasters

I love this mess of a franchise

I can't even begin to understand why Eren is up for both nominations given he very rarely held the role of protagonist in this season!

I'm also disappointed that 86 is in neither best animation nor best action given how wonderful the animation is for that series. Certainly, the artistic direction of it has had plenty to say about the cast and world.

Also surprised that Violet Evergarden the movie isn't in the film category, especially over Shirobako or Belle which most of the world hasn't had a lot of opportunities to see yet (although Shirobako is better off than Belle there).

I can't even begin to understand why Eren is up for both nominations given he very rarely held the role of protagonist in this season!
Aye I haven't kept up with anything past Season 3 but unless the story has changed perspectives/main characters mid-season you can't have a character be in two roles at once.

Pretty sure Crunchyroll did a similar thing in one of their previous awards where they listed the protagonist of Overlord for best antagonist. Anyone told them you can have evil protagonists?

Aye I haven't kept up with anything past Season 3 but unless the story has changed perspectives/main characters mid-season you can't have a character be in two roles at once.
Attack on Titan leans more heavily into being an ensemble in the final season, and does indeed have perspective characters from both sides of a major conflict. Eren's role in the story also becomes more ambiguous and a lot more complicated.

Back