The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

I'm not sure I understand the issue. It's not like people will attempt to watch all live action TV shows. Just watch the anime fitting the genres that appeal to you. If there's more content then there's likely to be more variety as well.
Yeah I worded that pretty poorly sorry about that. My problem isn't that there's too much anime for me to watch but rather that there's too much anime in general.

The big issue going forward is more to do with there being too much anime being produced relative to the workforce. That in addition to low pay and poor management doesn't speak well for the future of the industry.

I really hope Disney licensing Anime doesn't lead to the same problem Amazon and Netflix have, where any shows they stream its years (or maybe not at all) before a phyiscal release

The BBC have released the results of a poll of the 100 greatest TV series of the 21st century. Unsurprisingly, no anime made the list. However, the BBC have released details of how the 206 experts they asked cast their votes, and some anime did get votes. "Attack on Titan" and "Paranoid Agent" got two votes each, and there were single votes for "Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood", "GitS: Stand Alone Complex", "Haikyu!!" and "K-On!"

The BBC have released the results of a poll of the 100 greatest TV series of the 21st century. Unsurprisingly, no anime made the list. However, the BBC have released details of how the 206 experts they asked cast their votes, and some anime did get votes. "Attack on Titan" and "Paranoid Agent" got two votes each, and there were single votes for "Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood", "GitS: Stand Alone Complex", "Haikyu!!" and "K-On!"
"experts"

Here's the full list of voters:
The greatest TV series of the 21st Century: Who voted
A Mexican and a Peruvian (also FMA:B) voted AoT.
A Westerner living in Japan and Kambole Campbell from the UK (also the voter for K-On and 2 other animations fill their top 4!) voted Paranoia Agent.
A French person voted GitS: SAC as their no. 1
And another UK person Lisa Wehrstedt had Haikyu as no. 10 with Avatar: The Last Airbender as no. 1

"experts"
Why are you questioning their credibility? I'm sure they have valid reasons for their choices just like we have our own reasons for liking our own favourite shows. Just seems a bit of an odd comment to make unless you perhaps have a dislike for one of the voters? Not trying to cause an argument just very curious.

Why are you questioning their credibility? I'm sure they have valid reasons for their choices just like we have our own reasons for liking our own favourite shows. Just seems a bit of an odd comment to make unless you perhaps have a dislike for one of the voters? Not trying to cause an argument just very curious.
Haha no worries it was just a glib joke that it highlights within critical circles that anime is still a largely ignored medium, especially tv.

Is this supposed to be about a Western release? Couldn't see that mentioned specifically, but it's been out in Japan for ages. I nearly bought one myself, here's one of many on eBay:
Actually, I am not sure 🤔

This is on my wishlist ;)

Ah man that's do sad. He seemed like a cool dude, always striving for the positives in life!
Yeah. The last update I saw on his health seemed to indicate that he was in a much better place. Sadly, it just wasn't to be.

My heart goes out to Krystal and Greg. It's been heartening to see so many warm sentiments voiced about him on social media. Seems he really was one of the good dudes.

Yeah. The last update I saw on his health seemed to indicate that he was in a much better place. Sadly, it just wasn't to be.

My heart goes out to Krystal and Greg. It's been heartening to see so many warm sentiments voiced about him on social media. Seems he really was one of the good dudes.
It was like that with Ronnie Dio died of cancer.

Back