The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

The Devil is a Part-Timer! is getting a 2nd season. Never seen it but it's on my watchlist, so I'll watch season 1 just before season 2 airs.

I'm surprised a 2nd season even got green lit considering the LN ended back in mid-2020. Time to refresh 8 years worth lost memories of this series 🔄

Last edited:
Genuinely surprised its taken this long with how amazing the anime openings of the games are!
Suppose they had to wait for all 'four' games to be out.
It seems the anime will also be an original story, which makes sense given that you really can't adapt 200+ hours of content in a 1-2 cour or so.

Date A Live Season 4 TV Anime Flies Onto Screens in October 2021

After a year of waiting, more details on the fourth season of the Date A Live TV anime have finally been revealed on a live-streamed stage at KADOKAWA Light Novel Expo 2020. Announced was a broadcast date of October, the lead cast and staff on the newest season, and a teaser visual for the anime, which is based on the popular light novel written by Koshi Tachibana and illustrated by Tsunako.

spmain_new.jpg

Attachments

• Ev3Dg3DVcAA3mUX.jpeg
    Ev3Dg3DVcAA3mUX.jpeg
    210.5 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
It seems the anime will also be an original story, which makes sense given that you really can't adapt 200+ hours of content in a 1-2 cour or so.
Hmmm not sure I like the sound of that... four 100+ hr games, two 100+ hr prequel games (crossbell) and a side story game mixing both casts to draw from story wise and they say 'no thanks bro, we'll make our own story up' đŸ€Šâ€â™‚ïž consider my excitement lowered to cautiously optimistic...

Could go either way. Could be a great adaptation or it could be Promised Neverland season 2 (CAN OF WORMS OPENED!!) 😂

Nominess for Animated Feature Film Catogory:
  • Onward
  • Over The Moon
  • A Shaun the Sheep Movie: Farmageddon
  • Soul
  • Wolfwalkers

For those curious, the shortlist for the Animated Feature Film Category:
  • "Accidental Luxuriance of the Translucent Watery Rebus”
  • “Bombay Rose”
  • “Calamity”
  • “The Croods: A New Age”
  • “Demon Slayer -Kimetsu No Yaiba-The Movie: Mugen Train”
  • “Dreambuilders”
  • “Earwig and the Witch”
  • “Kill It and Leave This Town”
  • “Lupin III: The First”
  • “Mosley”
  • “My Favorite War”
  • “Nos Ili Zagovor Ne Takikh”
  • “No.7 Cherry Lane”
  • “On-Gaku: Our Sound”
  • “Onward”
  • “Over the Moon”
  • “Red Shoes and theSeven Dwarfs”
  • “Ride Your Wave”
  • “Scoob!”
  • “A Shaun the Sheep Movie: Farmageddon”
  • “Soul”
  • “The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge on the Run”
  • “Terra Willy”
  • “Trolls World Tour”
  • “A Whisker Away”
  • “The Willoughbys”
  • “Wolfwalkers”

Wolfwalkers is one of the best films of the year and in a just world would also have a Best Picture nomination. As it stands, I have my fingers crossed that it wins in Best Animated Feature. I fully expect it will go to Soul, which is the best thing Pixar have done since Inside Out, but there's a chance that Onward and Soul will split the Pixar faithful. Their domination of the category is unfair and unjustified.

Wolfwalkers is one of the best films of the year and in a just world would also have a Best Picture nomination. As it stands, I have my fingers crossed that it wins in Best Animated Feature. I fully expect it will go to Soul, which is the best thing Pixar have done since Inside Out, but there's a chance that Onward and Soul will split the Pixar faithful. Their domination of the category is unfair and unjustified.

Haven't seen Wolfwalkers yet but seen trailers and The Secret of Kells is one of my favourite animated films ever, just rewatched it the other day, phenomenal work :)

I think Wolfwalkers will suffer from being an Apple TV exclusive and would really benefit from a wider audience - even if it was just a more popular streaming platform, such as Netflix. Alas, it's a good enough reason to take out an Apple trial as I think it's Cartoon Saloon's best film yet.

Back