The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

Hopefully autumn, so there's plenty of time for cinemas to open again, so we can watch the film.
Otherwise it'll have to be experienced on the small screen one way or another!

Actually might be advantageous for once.
Could be advantageous but with season one streaming on everything and it being Aniplex (Sony/Funi/Crunchy) I could only see it being a timed exclusive say like a week before crunchy (don't think it'll show on Funi until the dub)

The cinema release won’t be delayed till Autumn no way. I think it will be June if lucky and then flop due to competition.
I do wonder how AL feel about that cinema slate they announced last year.

I’m expecting Fall, maybe Summer if lucky. I expect it to be one cour if it’s adapting one arc. (And not the final one which is very long so I’ve been told)
We do need the film before whenever it airs, I assume if cinemas fail AoA will have it on BD long before manga release a crapper release.

Looks amazing! Seems to have a little bit of all his mashed up, but mostly Summer Wars with a hint of The Boy and the Beast.
titled Belle
Interesting, the last shot does remind me of Beauty and the Beast and the MC in that is called Belle IIRC.
The Japanese title "Ryū to Sobakasu no Hime" translates as Dragon and Freckle Princess according to Google Translate.

Looks amazing! Seems to have a little bit of all his mashed up, but mostly Summer Wars with a hint of The Boy and the Beast.

Interesting, the last shot does remind me of Beauty and the Beast and the MC in that is called Belle IIRC.
The Japanese title "Ryū to Sobakasu no Hime" translates as Dragon and Freckle Princess according to Google Translate.

Yep, her name is Belle, French for Beauty :) (source: I love the Disney 1991 movie and have recently been watching numerous youtube videos analyzing it, I also liked the Jean Cocteau version though I like his Orphee more personally) :)

The trailer looks pretty, nice music also, hopefully the movie will be as magical as the short preview XP

The winners of the Crunchyroll Anime Awards have been announced.

While no single show was totally dominant this year, the show that was most successful was Jujutsu Kaisen, winning three awards including "Anime of the Year". The full list of winners are below. are:

• Anime of the Year: Jujutsu Kaisen
  • Best Character Design: Toilet-Bound Hanako-kun
  • Best Animation: Keep Your Hands Off Eizouken!
  • Best Fight Scene: My Hero Academia - Deku vs. Overhaul
  • Best Couple: Tonikawa: Over the Moon For You - Nasa Yuzaki and Tsukasa Yuzaki
  • Best Voice Actor (Japanese): Yusuke Kobayashi as Natsuki Subaru in Re:ZERO
  • Best Voice Actor (English) Zero Robinson as Hawks in My Hero Academia
  • Best Girl: Kaguya Shinomiya in Kaguya-sama: Love Is War?
  • Best Boy: Shoyo Hinata in Haikyu!! To The Top
  • Best Director: Masaaki Yuas for Keep Your Hands Off Eizouken!
  • Best Score: Kevin Penkin for Tower Of God
  • Best Opening: "Wild Side" by ALI for Beastars
  • Best Endings: "LOST IN PARADISE" by ALI feat. AKLO for Jujutsu Kaisen
  • Best Fantasy: Re:ZERO
  • Best Comedy: Keep Your Hands Off Eizouken!
  • Best Drama: Fruits Basket
  • Best Protagonist: Catarina Claes in My Next Life as a Villainess
  • Best Antagonist: Ryomen Sukuna in Jujutsu Kaisen

Yeah, only three shows out of that list of winners I would even bother to watch, Re:Zero (which I actually have only seen 3 episodes of, still waiting for my AL CE to arrive), Tower of God, and Fruits Basket. Maybe Tonikawa, but I haven't seen any of that one yet. I am definitely not a mainstream guy - don't care for any of that stuff.

Yeah, only three shows out of that list of winners I would even bother to watch, Re:Zero (which I actually have only seen 3 episodes of, still waiting for my AL CE to arrive), Tower of God, and Fruits Basket. Maybe Tonikawa, but I haven't seen any of that one yet. I am definitely not a mainstream guy - don't care for any of that stuff.

I feel like you would enjoy Beastars but I could be wrong.

Yeah, no, I watched a few minutes of that, and it did not appeal to me at all. I just wasn't into watching all the weird animal characters. Even Fruit's Basket with all the Zodiac animal beings is not really that high on my list.

Well deserved win for Maasaki Yuasa in the Best Director category. Eizouken should have taken the big prize, it's a terrific work (and who votes for it in Best Director and Animation but then votes differently in Best Anime?!)

Back