The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

Yeah I'm hoping for a UK release of Anemone as well, though I'm pessimistic about the chances of that given that I think the first movie bombed here...
Anime Limited has the rights to the entire trilogy. Anemone is just taking its time and is probably in the backburner due to the first film's reception (though I expect it to be available between March to May).

Just spotted this posted by gloomranger on the Blu-ray forums. I’m excited about this.
3-A087-B04-636-F-4-D98-B67-B-269334-B18497.jpg

I think it's interesting this is happening because for a while it looked like they were going for a Bleach and Naruto approach with filler when needed, but halting the breaks before going into that direction was the right choice.

Also, on the official Black Clover anime website, Chapter 16 is listing episodes 155-170 altogether so that's basically a complete package for the remainder of the episodes than splitting it up.

Season 1Chapter 1Eps. 1-10
Season 1Chapter 2Eps. 11-19
Season 1Chapter 3Eps. 20-29
Season 1Chapter 4Eps. 30-39
Season 1Chapter 5Eps. 40-51
Season 2Chapter 6Eps. 52-63
Season 2Chapter 7Eps. 64-72
Season 2Chapter 8Eps. 73-83
Season 2Chapter 9Eps. 84-90
Season 2Chapter 10Eps. 91-102
Season 3Chapter 11Eps. 103-112
Season 3Chapter 12Eps. 113-120
Season 3Chapter 13Eps. 121-129
Season 3Chapter 14Eps. 130-141
Season 3Chapter 15Eps. 142-154
Season 4Chapter 16Eps. 155-170

It will come as no surprise that no anime have made the BAFTA film awards longlist again.

You can't blame them for not being able to find an anime that can match up to the sheer quality of croods: a new whatever...

You can't blame them for not being able to find an anime that can match up to the sheer quality of croods: a new whatever...

I actually liked the first Croods film it had gorgeous designs and fun character dynamics, and I have watched it more than once, can't comment on the sequel as I have not seen it but I will probably try it as I liked the first one. It's sad that no anime were nominated though, I agree with that. I googled BTW and it's The Croods: A New Age (not that you're obligated to actually care what it's really called lol but for anyone who wanted to know).

Fellow Shikikans... IT'S OUR TIME, our wishes have ascended 🙏 Thank SUNBORN & Mica Team for greenlighting this project.
Hoping ASAHI Production can adapt the dark themes and deep story of this game effectively 🤞
Considering the animation studio will be handling Peach Boy Riverside as well.

Popular training & strategy simulation game "Girls' Frontline" will be made into a TV animation by ASAHI Production! Scheduled to be broadcast in 2021!

Last edited:
Year 1931, the shogun Tokugawa Yoshinobu is in power. We follow the daily life of the Nue organization, the executioners of the shogunate who enforce government rules. The anime is scheduled for April 6, 2021! the series will be broadcast outside of Japan (details not yet announced). Succumb to part of the music including the opening theme "EXIST" by RAISE A SUILEN.

Last edited:
The winners of the Tokyo Anime Film Festival awards have been announced:

• Best Animated Fim - "Violet Evergarden"
  • Best TV Show - "Keep Your Hands Off Eizouken!"
  • Fan Award - "IDOLiSH7 Second Beat!"
  • Original Work/Screenplay - Reiko Yoshida ("Violet Evergarden", "Liz and the Blue Bird", "Ride Your Wave")
  • Best Director - Haruo Sotozaki ("Demon Slayer", "Tales of Zestiria the X")
  • Best Animation - Akira Matsushima ("Demon Slayer", "Tales of Zestiria the X")
  • Best Background/Colour/Video - Mikiko Watanabe ("Violet Evergarden", "Beyond the Boundary", "Sound! Euphonium", "Liz and the Blue Bird" - awarded posthumously)
  • Best Sound/Performance - Yuki Kajiura ("Demon Slayer", "Fate/Stay Night", "Sword Art Online", "Princess Principal")

200k likes, 150k retweets in 30 minutes... Demon Slayer's popularity is insane!

Not my favourite arc personally but I'm sure some ufotable magic will make it a lot better.

Back