The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

Wow, impressive. It's also the fifth highest grossing film of the year at the moment and looks on track to leapfrog Tenet. And until this moment I had never heard of it - was it expected to do so well?

@Sarah The manga has done well so that might have been an early sign, but I'm surprised it ended up doing so well.

Now if only someone (looking at you Discotek) would release the anime series. I believe it had a partial western release that was dub only and the dub was very very very bad.

Looks like Sentai have redubbed Venus Wars... tbf it sounds quite good to me

I’ve just compared this to the DVD (original dub) and I have to say I think it’s better. I know some people will always favour the original and that’s totally fine but for me this voice actor is doing a better job. To add a nice touch to the new version - he makes noises where the characters mouth is clearer moving that isn’t in the original (it’s just silent). I liked that.

I just hope the other characters are as good.

Venus Wars is great, and the animation on the action scenes is top notch. I wonder if this new dub is the only one on the blu-ray. I'm so used to the 90s one that my poor old brain would have trouble accepting a new one now. What would I do without, "Makes a man flyyyyyyy"?

Back