The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

Corporate and soulless, that's the exact description of Disney Star Wars. My last SW movie was The Last Jedi.
The most miraculous thing to come out of the Disney buyout is it got people looking back fondly on the prequel trilogy. That's amazing lol (I actually unironically really liked episode 3 Revenge of the Sith though).

The most miraculous thing to come out of the Disney buyout is it got people looking back fondly on the prequel trilogy. That's amazing lol (I actually unironically really liked episode 3 Revenge of the Sith though).
I remember my friend saying after we watched Rise "Remembering the prequels is like remember that time you broke your leg as a kid. While the sequels are like that time you had both legs amputated!" Or something along the lines of that haha it was very prolific.

The most miraculous thing to come out of the Disney buyout is it got people looking back fondly on the prequel trilogy.

It's purely nostalgia. The prequels had a younger fan base on release that didn't know or care for the original trilogy. Those fans have now grown up. Star Wars has always been corporate - creative decisions in the original trilogy were influenced by how many toys they thought they could sell. Nothing has changed.

If it's not made by the Japanese for the Japanese it's not real anime, not to me anyway. Even though it will be directed by "top anime directors" I can't help but think this will be Disneyfied.

I have high hopes. The animated series have, in recent years, seemingly had more creative freedom than the live action properties. The Blade Runner anime (admittedly a Sony property rather than Disney) were quite good.

It's purely nostalgia. The prequels had a younger fan base on release that didn't know or care for the original trilogy. Those fans have now grown up. Star Wars has always been corporate - creative decisions in the original trilogy were influenced by how many toys they thought they could sell. Nothing has changed.
It always been corporate sure and George Lucas pretty much went insane towards the end with his edits but at least it had a consistent direction whether people liked it or not (I like episode 3 as I said).

Funimation has revealed plans to bring their trainwreck app onto the Nintendo Switch but this time it's been redesigned altogether.

It'll be available for United States & Canada on 15th December, with United Kingdom, Ireland, Mexico and other additional countries getting it later. In addition, PlayStation 5, Xbox Series and other platforms will also get the redesign at some point.

EpPFGlcWMAM85Lo

EpPFH1UXUAAWOPL

Funimation has revealed plans to bring their trainwreck app onto the Nintendo Switch but this time it's been redesigned altogether.

It'll be available for United States & Canada on 15th December, with United Kingdom, Ireland, Mexico and other additional countries getting it later. In addition, PlayStation 5, Xbox Series and other platforms will also get the redesign at some point.

EpPFGlcWMAM85Lo

EpPFH1UXUAAWOPL
Still doesn't look great though if it uses proper subtitles like the Chromecast app instead of closed captioning it will be a major improvement.

Has anyone tried the PS5 Funi app? Does it just have the same subtitle options as PS4?

I've just made my Funi and Netflix subtitles the same as Amazons ones now anyway, at least they are easily readable, and you get used to them. Crunchyroll subs are perfect though.

Has anyone tried the PS5 Funi app? Does it just have the same subtitle options as PS4?

It uses the PS5's built-in closed caption stylings, so you can customise them (even though they look slightly different on the PS5's demo page and in the app). The default was for thick black borders (YouTube style) so I was pleased to see the integration. I can't remember how it worked on the PS4 any more.

R

Yeah, was just about to post a link to the YT video here. Decent first episode and it's gonna be interesting to see where the show will be heading. Was a bit surprised about how "slow" the tempo is since the PV released not too long ago was so hectic I thought that the show could've given Excel Saga some competition as the "most hysterical anime ever". Not that I complain as I like this tempo more.

Back