The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

With TV shows competition does work differently as if you want a certain show then yes you are forced one way. But it did before help them improve stuff like players and load handling now one of the companies Tech is gonna be used and the infrastructure merged watch it

Maybe Crunchyroll can help Funimation build an app that works....
You've not tried the Crunchyroll app on FireStick then, constantly chugs in the menu and then crashes when watching videos. Currently have to use the PS4 app as that's still the old version and is perfectly functional. It's mostly the other way around for Funimation though.

You've not tried the Crunchyroll app on FireStick then, constantly chugs in the menu and then crashes when watching videos. Currently have to use the PS4 app as that's still the old version and is perfectly functional. It's mostly the other way around for Funimation though.
Do you have an original firestick or one of new 4k ones? I found that apps over time have gotten more and more demanding, designed only for the newer firesticks, and becoming almost unusable on older firesticks.

Do you have an original firestick or one of new 4k ones? I found that apps over time have gotten more and more demanding, designed only for the newer firesticks, and becoming almost unusable on older firesticks.
An older one I guess. It's not 4K. I solved the menu chugging before by deleting my history, but it quickly builds up again.

An older one I guess. It's not 4K. I solved the menu chugging before by deleting my history, but it quickly builds up again.
Yeah, I remember having that issue on older firestick. The issue began back when CR reprocessed their content in response to complaints about low bitrate. The revised video files are too much for the original firestick and it crashes.

Yeah the Funimation app is terrible on PS4. Constant bugs, not to mention missing random episodes, like Gundam 0079 Ep. 27 for instance.
For me the Home, My Queue, and Simuldub sections are blank and just don't load and regardless of what you search it doesn't find anything... wanna watch something? Go to all shows and start scrolling 😭
Also constantly stops and buffs episodes, I have a 70mb+ fibre connection!!

Phone app works OK most of the time though....

Wouldn't this buyout break anti-monopoly laws since Sony basically owns the western Anime industry at this point?
Highly doubtful. Lawyers could point to Netflix, Hulu, Hidive and others as proof of lack of a monopoly. Also, Anime already is a niche even if it's becoming more mainstream. Besides, it's distribution and not production of a product not based in the US.

This can be true and still be a bad thing.

At the Disney Investor stream yesterday they announced a new Star Wars Anthology Anime series created by "top anime directors" called Star Wars: Visions.
I haven't seen anything Star Wars since Rogue One. Since Disney bought it, it has just felt so corporate and soulless to me that I can't muster any enthusiasm. I'm sure the anime will be fine for people that still find something to enjoy though.

At the Disney Investor stream yesterday they announced a new Star Wars Anthology Anime series created by "top anime directors" called Star Wars: Visions.
If it's not made by the Japanese for the Japanese it's not real anime, not to me anyway. Even though it will be directed by "top anime directors" I can't help but think this will be Disneyfied.
I haven't seen anything Star Wars since Rogue One. Since Disney bought it, it has just felt so corporate and soulless to me that I can't muster any enthusiasm. I'm sure the anime will be fine for people that still find something to enjoy though.
Corporate and soulless, that's the exact description of Disney Star Wars. My last SW movie was The Last Jedi.

Back