The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

Wait. So the point of progressive was to flesh out the Aincrad Arc which was rushed in the original series and didn't explain enough and their answer is to make a film out of it.... 🤦‍♂️

This is going to be the first of many isn't it? Aniplex gotta milk that cow.

Folks on twitter reckon this will only cover the first floor.

Apparently the novel is only up to the 6th floor so far and that's been going since 2012.

I cancelled after seeing how bad that is. The only thing I expect CR to do is get the episodes with subs on time and make an effort to see that the studio/network is paid fairly for the licence and the work, apparently they can’t even do that right and instead pay for projects that are terrible at selling themselves

I cancelled after seeing how bad that is. The only thing I expect CR to do is get the episodes with subs on time and make an effort to see that the studio/network is paid fairly for the licence and the work, apparently they can’t even do that right and instead pay for projects that are terrible at selling themselves
Shrug not every show you work with as a producer turns out great. Crunchyroll was also involved as a producer with A Place Further Than The Universe, The Rising of the Shield Hero, Yuru Camp△, Recovery of an MMO Junkie and others. https://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-1009327/anime-co-producedproduced-by-crunchyroll

I believe the reason for the long titles is quite simple. Anyone can write a light novel and self publish therefore there is an excessive amount of content.

Readers aren't going to read an abstract of every single LN that comes out, so instead they have turned titles into short descriptions.

And adaptations are almost always more successful than original anime, due to the existing fanbase, so they keep the original overly descriptive LN title.

I believe the reason for the long titles is quite simple. Anyone can write a light novel and self publish therefore there is an excessive amount of content.

Readers aren't going to read an abstract of every single LN that comes out, so instead they have turned titles into short descriptions.

And adaptations are almost always more successful than original anime, due to the existing fanbase, so they keep the original overly descriptive LN title.

So that's why there's so much Isekai

Back