The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

Just finished reading through the Top 100 Films (so far) of the 21st Century in the latest edition of Empire and saw that Spirited Away is in at number 15! Also it's the highest ranked animation, just beating out Spiderverse at number 16, with a bunch of Pixar movies further down the list:

Why did people go against Chihayafuru I’ve meant to get round it and haven’t but I know it’s well liked.

Supposedly It was just 1 person who made hundreds of accounts giving it a 1 rating because it overtook Vinland Saga as the top airing anime of last season. Thats what i heard on MAL anyway.

The 2 theories are that a Vinland Saga fanboy didn't like the fact Chihayafuru was higher than it in the top airing list.
The other that the Chihayafuru mangaka liked a Tweet that criticised China, so some Chinese person did it.
A lot of the bots were called ChineseCitizen1, 2, etc, but the down voting started before the tweet and just after it overtook VS.

Pokémon Go Planet Pokémon has been nominated for "Best Commissioned Animation" in this year's British Animation Awards.

June have released details of forthcoming new releases and re-releases.

Back