The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

What difference would it be in people visiting the site as a memorial as opposed to people coming and going from work when the company was there? I would think a memorial would be much less disruptive to the neighborhood than the actual business was, especially considering the previous traffic and parking for 70 employees and business visitors all day long. And whether or not they put a memorial there, the site is still going to be visited by a lot of people, so they may as well make proper accommodations for them.

They're probably worried that it will become a place where large numbers of foreigners come.

It seems daft to object to a memorial, I mean short term it makes people look like a*seholes, and long term how much difference is it really going to make to their lives? How many people do they think will still be specifically travelling to pay their respects in say, ten years time? It’s not likely to become the next Lourdes.

I assume all these people missed that in London people don’t like a youth club (the best in Britain apparenly according to results etc) being there cos it damages the look of the area. Resident and resident associations are full of selfish people. Who think rough people will come and make their house sell for less.

And here is the link to the final, again featuring Clements.

Also, The Guardian has listed "Weathering With You" as one of the most exciting foreign language movies of 2020.

I saw the news for Higurashi. As a fan of the VN I have to wonder what this is? Could it be a complete anime remake to better adapt it perhapes? I see they got the guy behind Monogatari's anime on board which is a plus but the previous anime was "good enough" depending on who you ask so I'm not sure the point of this.

Not that I am complaining

Back