The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

Evangelion: 3.0+1.0 has an official Japanese theatrical release date! It's scheduled for June 2020. The date was revealed during a trailer put out before Makoto Shinkai's latest film Weathering With You.

It's not Japanese animation but Hungarian, but I hope we can all appreciate...

The team that restored Belladonna of Sadness have annouced their latest animation restoration project and it is Marcell Jankovics' mind-bending and mindblowing psychedelic masterpiece Son of the White Mare. The restoration will premiere at the Fantasia Film Festival in Montreal next week.

Stills of the restoration can be seen here and you can see an unrestored trailer below

It's not Japanese animation but Hungarian, but I hope we can all appreciate...

The team that restored Belladonna of Sadness have annouced their latest animation restoration project and it is Marcell Jankovics' mind-bending and mindblowing psychedelic masterpiece Son of the White Mare. The restoration will premiere at the Fantasia Film Festival in Montreal next week.

Stills of the restoration can be seen here and you can see an unrestored trailer below

That trailer has a bit of a horror-vibe to it and is very up in their alley in terms of the type of film they wanted to restore. I'm curious to check it out.

MVM's UK Anime Store has updated for Q4.

Due to rights issues, Arrow's release of Park Chan-wook's Oldboy has had an overhaul - pushed back to September, a disc of extras has been dropped, and the whole thing has instead been changed to a 4-disc release of The Vengeance Trilogy, including Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance and Lady Vengeance as well.

And, behold Criterion #1000, Godzilla: The Showa-Era Films:

cwdyHIkniaV8zGU6AiJ3VV9sROxOTd_original.jpg

Out October 29th in the US. Contains:

Godzilla
Godzilla Raids Again
King Kong vs. Godzilla
Mothra vs. Godzilla
Ghidorah, the Three-Headed Monster
Invasion of Astro-Monster
Ebirah, Horror of the Deep
Son of Godzilla
Destroy All Monsters