The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

With Feel, confirmed for Oregairu S3, it's sure to be a bless to watch.

Aside from best girl not having as much of a role as she deserves of course.

I'm not sure what to think about the Akira news. It would be cool to see a full adaptation of the manga, but with a TV budget I don't think the animation will be able to match the film (it would probably bankrupt anyone who tried to animate it the same way though I suppose).

I'm not sure what to think about the Akira news. It would be cool to see a full adaptation of the manga, but with a TV budget I don't think the animation will be able to match the film (it would probably bankrupt anyone who tried to animate it the same way though I suppose).
This adaptation has been rumoured for a while, Netflix are pumping a lot of money in to it if the rumour is correct.

This adaptation has been rumoured for a while, Netflix are pumping a lot of money in to it if the rumour is correct.
I was thinking if Netflix was also backing it there would be plenty of money (Sunrise is probably the biggest studio in terms of money with Gundam (and Love Live)), but to hand draw everything at 24 frame a second for an entire season would be insane. So whilst it will probably be very good, but not quite the same as the film.

Last edited:
Budget doesn't necessarily matter too much these days as getting the right staff and a good schedule. If animators like Kiyotaka Oshiyama, Hakuyu Go and China have some involvement it could be on the same level as the film.
Also Akira was animated at 24 frames per second not 1 frame per second lol

Last edited:
Back