The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

I wish I could like posts more than once. Seems like it would be a very good time for a UK distro to sweep up the Macross licences and get them out asap. After all, it wouldn’t be their fault if the entire North American market imported them, would it?
Big West secured the Australian trademarks a few years ago, so they've got English-speaking Region B territories covered. They'll probably wait until HG's "license" to the original series has expired, but I wouldn't mind a Blu-ray release of Macross Frontier in the meantime,

This year's Cannes Classics programme has been announced, and it includes the latest major and very timely anime restoration - Hakujaden, which is more commonly known in English as The Tale of the White Serpent but now appears to be officially marketed as The White Snake Enchantress. It was the first anime feature film in colour.
I hope this will get picked up for release like Momotaro, and hopefully it's also not too long before we get proper restorations for Prince of the Sun and The Little Prince and the Eight-Headed Dragon.
Prince of the Sun, The Little Prince and the Eight-Headed Dragon and Magic Boy have also received restorations from 4K scans. These restorations will air on Toei Channel in July/August/September:

I doubt it. I bet he arrives and has a swarm of support. I’ve never seen support last so long and be as vicious (then again both sides have been). It’s sad people are bringing it up to Monica constantly.

I doubt it. I bet he arrives and has a swarm of support. I’ve never seen support last so long and be as vicious (then again both sides have been). It’s sad people are bringing it up to Monica constantly.
Unfortunately it is probably this, the amount of people supporting him on the post is pretty high, and mainly male.

Unfortunately it is probably this, the amount of people supporting him on the post is pretty high, and mainly male.
And now the FB and twitter posts for the announcement have been flooded by the idiotic American Stans who are trying to bully any Irish person posting anything negative about him, including one person who states she was assaulted by him at an Irish con in 2008(I also personally witnessed him being verbally abusive with staff at this con) . What an absolute s**tshow.

That’ll probably last as long as Killdren’s booking at Glasto
I thought they did well, honestly. You've gotta do something special to get banned for song lyrics in this day and age, I mean the time since the outrages over punk and gangsta rap can now be measured in decades, I guess being incredibly on the nose was the way to do it. The song in question is absolutely terrible (from a musical standpoint) but they're going to get massive publicity out of this.

Gotta feel a bit for ol' Moz though, he's trying his very best to alienate and offend people at the moment, but it's not eliciting much more than a mild shrug and he already did this 30 years ago.

Last edited:
Prince of the Sun, The Little Prince and the Eight-Headed Dragon and Magic Boy have also received restorations from 4K scans. These restorations will air on Toei Channel in July/August/September:

!!!

Huge news. I imagine that Studio Canal still hold the licence for Prince of the Sun (or Little Norse Prince as they've chosen to release it), but I dearly hope that the others make it over here. Especially The Little Prince and the Eight-Headed Dragon, which heavily influenced the look of things such as Samurai Jack and Zelda Wind Waker and has a magnificent score by Akira Ifukube.

I personally somehow missed this, and thought many other fans of The King's Avatar may have also

The King's Avatar is getting a prequel movie in August focusing on the first pro tournament of Glory

King's Avatar deserves a home video release and dub, its so good!

Big summer for chinese anime coming up with King's Avatars and Mu Dao Zu Shi's second seasons both starting and now this too! Very exciting, just hope it wont take forever for the film to be made available.

Back