The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

Viz has issued a press statement about some new titles. There are:

* Cats of the Louvre
* The Way of the Househusband
* No Guns Life
* Levius
* Levius / Est
* No Longer Human

There will also be a complete boxset of Assassination Classroom, which will include a double-sided colour poster and a colour artbook.

The Way of the Househusband (Gokushufudou) looks fun.

Oh trust me, I may be basing this on how western people would react but the girls will play a fit saying the guys are obligated to give them something, they’re just as tired of it too

I will bow to your superior knowledge of western culture, male psychology and simplistic female stereotypes, I guess? But seriously, I think this is a win for everyone; ritualised social obligations based on outdated gender roles are something the world can afford to lose. I welcome our future of filler episodes about girls and boys alike giving their best friends a ton of chocolate and having a good time, instead of agonising over whether the class creep will get the wrong idea and get overexcited if they give him a cheap box of giri-chocolate.

R

The Way of the Househusband (Gokushufudou) looks fun.

I will bow to your superior knowledge of western culture, male psychology and simplistic female stereotypes, I guess? But seriously, I think this is a win for everyone; ritualised social obligations based on outdated gender roles are something the world can afford to lose. I welcome our future of filler episodes about girls and boys alike giving their best friends a ton of chocolate and having a good time, instead of agonising over whether the class creep will get the wrong idea and get overexcited if they give him a cheap box of giri-chocolate.

R
Did you not see Ralph Wiggum's valentines episode? One of the best classic simpsons!

No one wants to see them having a nice time, it's too easy! Only a few slice of lifes do that and when they do it's a slog, let the creep create exciting conflict!

The Crunchyroll anime awards have been revealed. My Hero Academia won most awards, but the Anime of the Year went to Devilman Crybaby. Full list below.

• Anime of the Year: Devilman Crybaby
  • Best OP: Darling in the FRANXX
  • Best ED: Attack on Titan Season 3
  • Best Boy: Deku Midoriya (My Hero Academia)
  • Best Girl: Mai Sakurajima (Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny-Girl Senpai)
  • Best Japanese VA: Mamoru Miyano (Zombie Land Saga)
  • Best English VA: Christopher R. Sabat (My Hero Academia)
  • Best Fight Scene: All For One vs. All Might (My Hero Academia)
  • Best Protagonist: Rimiru Tempest (That Time I Got Reincarnated As A Slime)
  • Best Antagonist: All For One (My Hero Academia)
  • Best Animation: Violet Evergarden
  • Best Character Design: JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure: Golden Wind
  • Best Continuing Series: Dragon Ball Super
  • Best Director: Masaaki Yuasa (Devilman Crybaby)
  • Best Film: My Hero Academia: Two Heroes
  • Lifetime Achievement: Masahiko Minami (Producer and President of BONES)

Too much MHA and the anime of the year is wrong. Can't argue with best animation. Best girl is also a good choice.

Would have been nice to see a greater spread of series rather than it becoming the super Shounen awards

Only 2 of the winners I voted for: VE for animation and FranXX for OP (although it wasn't the best of the year, but ZLS wasn't on the short list 🤦‍♂️)

Last edited:
See? It’s the my hero academia awards, it’s not anime awards at all

Too much MHA and the anime of the year is wrong. Can't argue with best animation. Best girl is also a good choice.

Would have been nice to see a greater spread of series rather than it becoming the super Shounen awards

Yes, I totally agree. Shounen for the mindless masses. With Violet Evergarden being my favorite anime of all time, and My Hero Academia making me want to gag on my own vomit before finishing 3 episodes, it's no wonder I have zero interest in any awards shows or polls for anime such as this. My tastes fall pretty much the complete opposite of the general anime community, so there's no point for me to pay any attention. Big Yawn, Don't Care.

Dragon Ball Super beating March S2 sums up these awards really... And im actually a shounen fan!

The Reddit awards were far more accurate.

I opposed March s2 being nominated two years in a row though it’s a bit dodgy imo. It literally means two Cour shows at the end of the year can get nominated twice. So next year we will see Slime, JoJo (As that’s 3 Cour I’m fine really as more will air this year), SAO (though how did that win nothing) and Tsurune should be allowed then it aired 3 eps in January

Actually last year Owarimonogatari S2 not get nominated for best containing summed it up. As it was better than March S2, that was when I lost faith.
Also best film the generic shonen film I guess DBS will win next year then (Though it is a great shonen film)

Last edited:
Back