The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

Someone else may want to make a thread, but this is quite big and could have an effect on the uk market with regards to funi titles.

Universal and Sony Are Eyeing ‘Dragon Ball' Importer Funimation

The key part which many seemed to have missed:"Universal [...] looked and decided not to proceed" -- Only Sony are in the running, Universal already passed.

It's also important to note Funimation is not soliciting buyers ("Funimation [...] confirmed in a statement it has received and weighed unsolicited interest from a variety of companies.") This article gives no cause for alarm with regards to Funimation as a going concern.

Also, Sony Pictures Home Entertainment has done a fantastic job with Criterion, getting as much as possible out a locally competitive prices in a manner that is almost identical to the US releases. SPHE may be very well be good for Funimation UK.

Also, Sony Pictures Home Entertainment has done a fantastic job with Criterion, getting as much as possible out a locally competitive prices in a manner that is almost identical to the US releases. SPHE may be very well be good for Funimation UK.
Didn't Sony also stick Metropolis on a BD-R in the US for a higher cost than our standard edition from Eureka? I'd rather they stayed the hell away from anime as much as possible.

Manga Entertainment are currently holding a poll to decide which charity to raise funds for during MCM. I've voted for the National Autistic Society - primarily because I am actually on the autistic spectrum. I suspect however it might not get much support here as it is being championed by Jerome Mazandarani.

Manga Entertainment are currently holding a poll to decide which charity to raise funds for during MCM. I've voted for the National Autistic Society - primarily because I am actually on the autistic spectrum. I suspect however it might not get much support here as it is being championed by Jerome Mazandarani.
I would like to think that the members of this forum wouldn't discount a charity solely because Jerome is supporting it.

I'll be voting for the National Autistic Society since I'm autistic myself (I have Aspergers), and I think it's an important cause (obviously a little bias). Whatever charity gets the vote it's a cool idea

I actually think that's a really cool, human thing to do and I'm pleasantly surprised that Jerome chose such an considerate nomination (I think people on the spectrum outnumber NT people in this fandom, honestly speaking). Well done Manga.

R

(Captain Tsubasa has been ridiculously, ridiculously popular in non-English-speaking countries for many years, despite its complete lack of impact in the US/UK.)

Which is massibvely annoying. I want to read this series, but the problem is that one of those countries doesn't play football and the other doesn't give much of a toss about manga. To be honest, I'm amazed that "Days" has been recently published as an e-book.

Back