The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

Dan said:
King Jimmeh said:
Pre-ordered Baccano in the hopes of it going down in price before August. Will see what happens, but at £50 I may cancel and wait for a standard BR release.

Is there going to be a standard version? I thought that as it's been out on DVD for long, we'd probably on get a collectors edition.

qaiz said:
It is a lot of money, I could pick up the US set for around that much, and I've often seen the Japanese set for not much more. Of course I've still pre-ordered it. Better to get in their early since you don't have to commit and I'll wait and see if the price goes down as you get the pre-order price guarantee automatically. If I see it cheaper elsewhere (probably Base or Zavvi) I'd just cancel and go there.

Don't worry folks - the £49.99 is the SRP on Collector's Edition. Amazon never discounts on initial listing, they do that a bit afterwards so it will definitely go down based on how they do their pricing nowadays :).

Waiting on approval before we post images but detail wise - we're actually working on accessing the extras for it from Funimation for our Blu-Ray release in the UK namely the audio commentaries created by the English staff, propaganda video etc :). So the best of both worlds on video content and we've some stuff planned for the physical that weren't in the US version so watch this space ^^.

TL;DR - £49.99 SRP for 16 eps, as much bonus content as possible incl things not on the US BD, good packaging and some things we can't reveal yet AND the price will go down on Amazon.

Hope this helps!

Andrew

anime_andrew said:
Dan said:
King Jimmeh said:
Pre-ordered Baccano in the hopes of it going down in price before August. Will see what happens, but at £50 I may cancel and wait for a standard BR release.

Is there going to be a standard version? I thought that as it's been out on DVD for long, we'd probably on get a collectors edition.

qaiz said:
It is a lot of money, I could pick up the US set for around that much, and I've often seen the Japanese set for not much more. Of course I've still pre-ordered it. Better to get in their early since you don't have to commit and I'll wait and see if the price goes down as you get the pre-order price guarantee automatically. If I see it cheaper elsewhere (probably Base or Zavvi) I'd just cancel and go there.

Don't worry folks - the £49.99 is the SRP on Collector's Edition. Amazon never discounts on initial listing, they do that a bit afterwards so it will definitely go down based on how they do their pricing nowadays :).

Waiting on approval before we post images but detail wise - we're actually working on accessing the extras for it from Funimation for our Blu-Ray release in the UK namely the audio commentaries created by the English staff, propaganda video etc :). So the best of both worlds on video content and we've some stuff planned for the physical that weren't in the US version so watch this space ^^.

TL;DR - £49.99 SRP for 16 eps, as much bonus content as possible incl things not on the US BD, good packaging and some things we can't reveal yet AND the price will go down on Amazon.

Hope this helps!

Andrew

Thanks Andrew, sounds awesome.

Same here i pre ordered Baccano, Space Dandy Season 2 & Tiger and Bunny the Rising. Hopefully Baccano will drop to around £35-40, Space Dandy to £40 and Tiger & Bunny to £25.

I'd still like to see some comparisons between the old DVD release and the blu-ray. I remember not being sold on Cowboy Bebop on Blu until someone posted some comparison screens.

Either way, I'm happy to see it getting a new release over here, it's one of my favourites.

ColdCobra said:
I'd still like to see some comparisons between the old DVD release and the blu-ray. I remember not being sold on Cowboy Bebop on Blu until someone posted some comparison screens.

Either way, I'm happy to see it getting a new release over here, it's one of my favourites.
From episode 1 of the Aniplex BD. Just bear in mind that unlike Bebop and Gurren (Which were re-scanned in HD) this IS an upscale. That said, it is easily one of, if not the best upscaled anime BD release I've seen.
I don't own a DVD release of Baccano to compare, but it will be an improvement regardless.

Seems like talk of Toonami in this thread has jinxed things!

Announcement via the Toonami tumblr that they're scaling back to a midnight - 3:30 AM timeslot. Also sounds like a few shows have disappeared from the schedule due to slipping ratings.

But they do stress that Toonami is not going anywhere - which is good to hear.

Hey, what's all this about Toonami please?

Is it back on a TV channel again now or are we talking online?

That's interesting about the Sony Movie channel, I did not know that!

-Danielle- said:
Hey, what's all this about Toonami please?

Is it back on a TV channel again now or are we talking online?

That's interesting about the Sony Movie channel, I did not know that!

Toonami came back to US TV after a little joke of sorts on April fools day back in 2012 where they showed a bunch of anime on Adult Swim with the Toonami bumpers and such and after getting feedback from fans on Twitter they brought it back in May 2012 as a late night block.

That's awful news - he was much too young. RWBY was an incredible series, and you felt like there were so many more places it could go too.

NormanicGrav said:
I know it's not exactly anime but Monty Oum, the creator/director of RWBY, has passed away recently. I'm shocked. May he rest in peace.
Due to clerical error (anestietic when alergic) too which is the bitch of it all.

Professor Irony said:
New Ushio & Tora anime in the summer. Certainly didn't expect that.
Honestly, given that Sailor Moon Crystal is now a thing. They could air 26 episodes of Nice Boat and it'd still not be the worst revival of a japanese IP.

Back